Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Player Fighting Breast Cancer Supported by Community

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

On Warhammer Online's Badlands server players on both sides of the fight have put down their swords momentarily, changed their last names to PinkforTink, and dyed their armor pink in support of "Tinkerhell" one of the server's natives who is fighting breast cancer.

A short video of the event as well as a gallery are also available.

You can find out more information about the event as well as Tink's fight against breast cancer over at the Creekmore World blog.

It's always awesome to see the gaming community come out in support of one of their own (especially when it's on your home server, go Badlands!), and we here at MMORPG.com would like to wish Tinkerhell well.

[Thanks David Creekmore for the tip!]

Comments

• slashbeastslashbeast Member Posts: 533

We wish tinker good luck in defeating this disease!

God bless.

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324

I will cross my fingers and hope for the best for TInk.

Great to see people coming together for such a thing

• PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

That's brilliant! Best of luck, Tink.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Empireheals... Tinkwithpink *facepalm*.

Why did the Warrior Priest have to look like a moron?

Anyways, this is a nice thing to do. I hope Tinkerhell (clever name, too) makes it.

• PurplesaurusPurplesaurus Member Posts: 14

Aw, very sweet :)

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Awesome.  Just awesome.

Good luck Tinkerhell! Fight the good fight ingame and out!

Nice to see that there is still some hope for the human race.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Very nice to see. God bless, Tinkerhell.

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386

reminds me of praying for someone... a way to think you did something for someone without doing anyting at all for them.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Brillaint!

My hat's off to the Warhammer players & my prayers to Tink

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Originally posted by Bruise187

reminds me of praying for someone... a way to think you did something for someone without doing anyting at all for them.

It's called support.  It helps people remain strong throughout their battle with whatever they are contending with.  Knowing that people are thinking about you and hoping you get better can help just as much as medicine sometimes.  The will of the person fighting the disease can help fight it off better than you would think.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

My prayers go out to her.

Thats a really nice thing that community is doing.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• weirdtimesweirdtimes Member Posts: 52

This is really something a game that is dying shows how strong their community is, I love seeing stuff like this gives us hope for our communities

I wish tink the best of luck I dont know her personally or even in game but any battle for your life is one that you need support for, I hope her friends can show her  how much she has to live for and she keeps on fighting the good fight

Games Waiting for: FF14, Tera Online, Blade and Soul, and Rift

• ThrawlThrawl Member Posts: 271

This is one of those articles that is truly special. Because it's about a real person with a real crisis. It's not about good games vs. bad games, hardcore vs. casual, or sandbox vs. themepark. And it's about something more profound than the latest level you just achieved, or the  uber gear you just looted off a mob.

It's about flesh and blood and reality. It's about the realization that all of us will meet our end, but while we are here we will  fight for every breath of life we can. It's about our ability to put  our petty differences aside and come together as one. It's about realizing that something beyond our desire for instant gratification is actually more important.

This article touched my heart more than any article I have ever read on this site. Partly because my aunt passed away from cancer last year, July 31. She originally had breast cancer which surgery was performed on. The surgery was at first successful, but than slowly the cancer spread through her body over 5 year, until her body could take no more.

The point I'm trying to make when talking of my aunt is that the doctors eventually came to the decision that her cancer  was  terminal. Even with this 'label' she alway maintained  the perspective that she was LIVING with cancer, not DIEING from cancer.

I'm telling you right now, Tinkerhell, to look at life with that same perspective and attitude. Don't you EVER stop the fight. Do everything you can to embrace all of the good in your life. Blanket yourself with the encouragement of your family, your friends, your spirituality, your online community, and everything else that is so dear to you

I promise you, if you look for positive ways to LIVE, than you will find them.

Best of luck to you, and if you do read MMORPG.com and read this post, please drop me a message. I would be honored to be part of your support. 

Don't hesitate for a minute girl. And remember, no matter how much life may seem unfair, don't you ever, ever, stop LIVING. . image

Our spirit was here long before you

Long before us

And long will it be after your pride brings you to your end

• AcacianLeaveAcacianLeave Member Posts: 2

As a former badlands player who has since deactivated, I know Tinkerhell is a great player and a very active member of the community. Best of luck to Tink and seeing community like this almost makes me want to reactivate.

• IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568

Not only is it support to let them know you care, but praying does help.

• elusivexelusivex Member Posts: 86

Good luck Tink!  

A man or "gamer" should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

This was an uplifting read and wonderful to see a better side of a community for a change.  My thoughts are with you Tink.  You can do it.:)

• JuicemanJuiceman Member Posts: 167

SMILES and green tea.  And maybe some pressed fruit juice. Thats all you need to survive cancer, or so I've heard.  Good luck lots of smiles and love darlin

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208

A message from a spaniard war player:

Keep on fighting Tink!!!! Dont let that bastard disease beats you! Burn to hell that cancer with your will and the help of those who appreciate you.

Hope you get well soon . Mucha suerte amiga.

• backwoods660backwoods660 Member Posts: 5

I was not there in that SS but I did participate in the events and changed my last named and dyed my armor, It is nice to see that even though there is so much anger towards each other in game we are still human and can put our differences aside to support someone. I am an active player on badlands and although I do not know Tink I have a heart and no decent human being deserves to go through something like that and I hope that even though I didnt donate money or anything that tinker knows that I do care and I hope she can beat this illness. I thank everyone else who atleast changed there last names and dyed there armor atleast to show that you care.

• SauronasSauronas Member Posts: 183

Hehe she's killed me I dunno how many times but it's all good.  Best of luck.

• SuperHansSuperHans Member Posts: 87

This is as pointless as pointless gets.

I'm just cool like that.

• SauronasSauronas Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by SuperHans

This is as pointless as pointless gets.

It's called community moron.

• Dom1337Dom1337 Member Posts: 2

Lol breast cancer what mythic needs to do is to delete one of her toons since she plays a Dok and a Bright Wizard on Badlands and last time I checked cross realming is against the rule.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Originally posted by Dom1337

Lol breast cancer what mythic needs to do is to delete one of her toons since she plays a Dok and a Bright Wizard on Badlands and last time I checked cross realming is against the rule.

Actually, they changed the game to allow you to have characters on both realms on same server now... learning to read helps a lot.