Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$13.95?? O.o

StarshakerStarshaker Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 28

I can't believe they want me to pay that much for this thing. Waaaay overpriced. Graphics suck, hardly anyone around to accomplish group tests so you can level up, lag...don't get me started on that.

I don't expect many to shovel out almost $14 for this. And if you think you might like it, don't even bother.

Out of five stars I'd say it goes negative two. There goes a couple days of my life I'll never get back. :P

Comments

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Don't trash the game. It may not be what you're looking for but it's deep and engaging and is a lot of fun for the social player. Also deep in on the city-building and the you build the world aspects.

If you want a similar MMO in a different setting for free, I'd check out Wurm Online. However, Wurm has a steeper learning curve and certain design decisions may frustrate a newbie.

• Stones07Stones07 Member UncommonPosts: 1

Personally I do think its a rather high price to pay for a game like ATITD but its still a really fun game to play. Yea i know the graphics arent but to date but the concept and community are really awesome. Im sure if they brought down the price to about $8.00 - $10.00 then that would be alright but for now i just play for free and maybe later on consider paying for it...but dont let the price and the graphics stop you from playing, atleast try it out.

• czedlitzczedlitz Member Posts: 27

if it costs $14 but you can play for free, what does the $14 do for you in the game or what is the $14 for in general?

• VGTheoryVGTheory Member Posts: 110

Subscribing allows you to play past 24 hours of played time.  It also allows you other benefits such as earning travel time and being able to do offline chores.

The game is not in my opinion worth subscribing to.  Wait until the begining of the next telling to play if you want to, the game is in the worst part at the moment....the end-game and wrap up.  Bastet is in the begining/early mid game, but it is so under populated it's not worth playing on.

• RosethorniiRosethornii Member Posts: 8

Bastet's population is actually great.  I would suggest anyone wanting to check out the game to try out Bastet, unless you want to see how end-game works.

Originally posted by Rosethornii

Bastet's population is actually great.  I would suggest anyone wanting to check out the game to try out Bastet, unless you want to see how end-game works.

The real problem is that bastet hasn't hit a critical level of population needed for the game.  That and there is a lack of players skilled in certain areas of the game (For instance, getting distillation coils has been a major problem for crossbreeding research at the moment.)  Having players is one thing, having players that can make the things needed for research is another.

• RosethorniiRosethornii Member Posts: 8

Hehe the reason distillation coils are tough right now is because I'm out at a game conference.  I'll be home this weekend. :D

Originally posted by Rosethornii

Hehe the reason distillation coils are tough right now is because I'm out at a game conference.  I'll be home this weekend. :D

Still relying on one player with the skill to make them is a bit ridiculous.  No matter how addicting and life-stealing the game is.

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by Starshaker

I can't believe they want me to pay that much for this thing. Waaaay overpriced. Graphics suck, hardly anyone around to accomplish group tests so you can level up, lag...don't get me started on that.

I don't expect many to shovel out almost $14 for this. And if you think you might like it, don't even bother.

Out of five stars I'd say it goes negative two. There goes a couple days of my life I'll never get back. :P

1) Overpriced? 14$ is hardly over priced especially considering you get major discounts if you buy a 3, 6 or 12 month sub. The 12 month sub gives you the EXTREMELY uncommon perk of having a developer "design" your camp. What other game offers that? Hmmm? The Answer is ZERO

2) As far as graphics goes, I'm pretty sure it's coded in C++ so what do you really expect. Coded from scratch by the way and considering it looks half decent that's saying a lot.

3) Lag? LAG?! Are you on dial-up or something? I've NEVER experienced any lag what so ever playing ATITD and I've played t1,t3 and t4 so that's a mute point.

4) ATITD is designed like this; there are populous regions close to the Nile and empty regions in the far corners of the world. I personally decided in t3 to make my camp as far away from people as I could (Ironicly in a region called "Nomad's Paradise"), be self sufficiant living a nomadic lifestyle and had one of the best times in any MMO I've ever played. So it's not the lack of people in game, it's the lack of common sense in choosing a region that fits your play style. My best option for you is to settle in Shabbat-Ab or Cat Claw Ridge. Here's a direct link to the Atlas. Do your research.....

Final point...

5) If you played for a "couple of days" and are angry about the time you wasted I believe it has to do more with your 24 hours ran out rather then you actually hating the game for the reasons you gave...

Hope that helps anyone who is considering this game. Don't listen to the OP, he's just mad his trial ran out :P

MrTRiot

aka "JudahSavahna"

• DanbaccaDanbacca Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by MrTRiot

Originally posted by Starshaker

1) Overpriced? 14$ is hardly over priced especially considering you get major discounts if you buy a 3, 6 or 12 month sub. The 12 month sub gives you the EXTREMELY uncommon perk of having a developer "design" your camp. What other game offers that? Hmmm? The Answer is ZERO

2) As far as graphics goes, I'm pretty sure it's coded in C++ so what do you really expect. Coded from scratch by the way and considering it looks half decent that's saying a lot.

3) Lag? LAG?! Are you on dial-up or something? I've NEVER experienced any lag what so ever playing ATITD and I've played t1,t3 and t4 so that's a mute point.

4) ATITD is designed like this; there are populous regions close to the Nile and empty regions in the far corners of the world. I personally decided in t3 to make my camp as far away from people as I could (Ironicly in a region called "Nomad's Paradise"), be self sufficiant living a nomadic lifestyle and had one of the best times in any MMO I've ever played. So it's not the lack of people in game, it's the lack of common sense in choosing a region that fits your play style. My best option for you is to settle in Shabbat-Ab or Cat Claw Ridge. Here's a direct link to the Atlas. Do your research.....

Final point...

5) If you played for a "couple of days" and are angry about the time you wasted I believe it has to do more with your 24 hours ran out rather then you actually hating the game for the reasons you gave...

Hope that helps anyone who is considering this game. Don't listen to the OP, he's just mad his trial ran out :P

MrTRiot

aka "JudahSavahna"

Lmao! you were looking so good up to about here. I know it's 3 months old but, My boss says words wrong all day and this is one that I laugh out loud about when he uses it in meetings. My other favorites are flustrated and Ideal ( he uses the latter in place of "Idea".  "hey that's a great ideal ya had in the meeting but,  the meeting is over so that's a mute point. Lmao. www.dictionary.com people.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Originally posted by johnmatthais

Don't trash the game. It may not be what you're looking for but it's deep and engaging and is a lot of fun for the social player. Also deep in on the city-building and the you build the world aspects.

If you want a similar MMO in a different setting for free, I'd check out Wurm Online. However, Wurm has a steeper learning curve and certain design decisions may frustrate a newbie.

Gonna give a plug to Wurm here. Even tho I don't play it or understand it's allure, it has sucked my roommates in like a black hole. They sit like zombies in front of their computers building, mining, husbandrying(lol). Seems like all the people crying for a sandbox should be playing this, even if it looks like a colossal waste of time to me.

• SimperFiSimperFi Member Posts: 108

Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to throw in my opinion here. I've played a good portion of the F2P MMO's to date. I've played ATITD on a trial as well. I'm a social gamer so this game has a lot that I can really call enjoyable.

However I have to admit that given the price of other games, almost 14 USD is just too far. I've seen free games that offer city building and given the lack of population that I saw in this game I would rather play a single player game. It's sad because for a social game you need people, but few will be willing to pay that much for a game that simply seems like it should be free. The game has been out more than long enough to be free and the learning curve and overcomplicated interface are only going to drive people away if the cost is too high.

Let's be realistic. The US economy is in a recession, which is indictive of the entire world's economy. There are very few people who are going to pay for this when there are so many free to play games. I'm not trying to trash a game here but in all honesty, I will never be able to convince myself or my gaming club to join this game and pay that much money. Most of the players I speak to, recruit, or compete against are all in the same situation: NO MONEY. With people playing WoW (gag) and Guild Wars, etc. How can we expect people to pay the SAME AMOUNT for this?

So, the bottom line: The developers have my respect and gratitude for making a social game. But with Farmville on Facebook, WoW on the P2P MMO scene and with the massive amount of F2P games, this one will simply never see success. It's under published, overpriced and behind the times.

Good Luck developers, Judgement has been passed. :)

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131

I would not mind to pay that if I just knew how to create an account. WHERE THE HECK IS THE LINK TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT???

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by RPGForever

I would not mind to pay that if I just knew how to create an account. WHERE THE HECK IS THE LINK TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT???

Homie, nice necro. Also, i think you can make a new account using the client after you install the client.

Originally posted by Jimmac

Homie, nice necro. Also, i think you can make a new account using the client after you install the client.

I downloaded and installed the client and never could play the game, never knew how to log in. 

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by Jimmac

I downloaded and installed the client and never could play the game, never knew how to log in. 

If you run the executable, the log in screen will give you the option to make a new character. You don't make an account on the website. You don't need a browser at all, except to download the client. Just run the executable and you'll see the option to make a new character.

http://www.atitd.com/billing.html

"The subscription price is $13.95 US Dollars per month. Subscriptions can be paid for with a MasterCard or Visa (from within the game, click on yourself, choose Utilities, then Billing, then Start My Subscription (Credit Card)), or by using PayByCash.com. Note that PayByCash is a company independent of eGenesis. " etc

Thank you, I would try it again with those instructions but if they don't accept paypal I don't think I could play it anyways. That is the reason why I don't play Ultima Online, they don't accept paypal.

• RealedazedRealedazed Member UncommonPosts: 105

I think you would have to contact the staff to get started with paypal. I thnk if you go to the billing screen, it says that some where.

Its been a little while since I played, though