Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta date and client download

Dear players,

Your patient waiting has almost ended! We are proud to announce that after a long term of work, the closed beta client is now ready to download! ( 1.36Gb)

For the first step, please make sure your system meets the following minimum requirements:

1. Windows 98(SE)/2000/XP/Vista.

2. 800 MHz or faster processor speed.

3. 128 Megabytes of RAM.

4. Video Accelerator Card (for 3D graphics) with 16MB RAM or higher.

5. 1 Gigabyte of free hard drive space.

6. Internet connection with 56 Kbps or faster connection speed.

7. DirectX 8.1 or higher with compliant video and sound card.

Thanks for your attention! Please keep an eye on the upcoming closed beta, starting on May 7th!

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

LOL No beta keys O.o

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Uhm, did the Windows 7 OS fall of the system reqs or something?

A lot of players have it (like me on both my computers) and I can't involve myself in a beta for a game that doesn't support it even if I am an old heroes fan.

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Looking forward for the official release but still... no beta keys :S so sad.

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

Windows 7 will work same as Vista. For beta key chance go here http://bbs.homm.91.com/showthread.php?t=58 and read.

Originally posted by petersand

Windows 7 will work same as Vista. For beta key chance go here http://bbs.homm.91.com/showthread.php?t=58 and read.

Ok (not sounding totally convinced) or I guess I could run it in XP mode instead if that doesn't work, I actually give that better chance until 7 actually is tested. Sucks to have 7 home if you must do that of course but it is at least a second option.

Beta Keys are here for free: http://contest.mmosite.com/giveaway/heroes_of_might_and_magic/  Login and grab ur key.

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Really big fking THANKS m8!

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

WHen I click the link to activate/create an account it takes me to a page that has two rows of what looks to be Chinese writing with the words "Web" interspersed in the Chinese. There are no links. If I can't create an account I can't link the beta key to it. Is something wrong with the account creation page? If so, eta of when it'll be back up?

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Lotta keys left.  Had to reload the HOMM page several times to get it to load where we activate the key...no biggie though.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Khalathwyr
    WHen I click the link to activate/create an account it takes me to a page that has two rows of what looks to be Chinese writing with the words "Web" interspersed in the Chinese. There are no links. If I can't create an account I can't link the beta key to it. Is something wrong with the account creation page? If so, eta of when it'll be back up?

Same! I also get a sign-up page randomly, but soon after starting to fill it in get randomly re-loaded to that Chinese page....

• sakkathsakkath Member Posts: 5

I've created an account, downloaded the client, fired it up and I get a welcome page that is mostly a big black box. Looks like there's a main window missing. I click the play button and it brings up a little graphic of a title bar with a minimize and close icon only. Nothing else.

I have to end task to get rid of it, and the client seems to be still mostly localized in Chinese from what I can tell.

Epic fail.

Originally posted by sakkath

I've created an account, downloaded the client, fired it up and I get a welcome page that is mostly a big black box. Looks like there's a main window missing. I click the play button and it brings up a little graphic of a title bar with a minimize and close icon only. Nothing else.

I have to end task to get rid of it, and the client seems to be still mostly localized in Chinese from what I can tell.

Epic fail.

It is a beta you know... I had the same thing but it opened up the right window in the background. It say however that both servers are down.

It isn't a epic fail until the game releases, you make a beta to find problems and that includes the client and patcher. If you want a game that works fine you probably shouldn't sign up for betas, I seen a lot of weird problems in my days.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

hm i did got a key from giveaway here on mmorpg.com, made an account, downloaded and installed client, but when i try to login, on both of offered servers it tells me "server is down".

any idea what (if something) i do wrong?

also on login screen i have a strange strange black rectangle in most of the right part of the window

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by Benedikt

hm i did got a key from giveaway here on mmorpg.com, made an account, downloaded and installed client, but when i try to login, on both of offered servers it tells me "server is down".

also on login screen i have a strange strange black rectangle in most of the right part of the window

Because if you had read the first post of this thread, you would've noticed that Beta starts on the 7th of May.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by ABRaquel

Originally posted by Benedikt

Because if you had read the first post of this thread, you would've noticed that Beta starts on the 7th of May.

ehm ..... sorry :)

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Any information about the exact time of start, timezone etc?

From this moment is 1 Day and 54 minutes till start.

Counter is here: http://homm.91.com/

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

5 hours remaining... :[

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

Game is not woking for me, I can log in, create char.. than its just freeze out.

Never had problem with any game before. Any idea?

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Originally posted by Draftbeer

Game is not woking for me, I can log in, create char.. than its just freeze out.

Never had problem with any game before. Any idea?

Try to close / restart your client.

I got past the char creation phase, the intro movie and I`m now standing in [beeeeeeeeeep NDA beeeeeeeeeeep]. 

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• NosferazielNosferaziel Member Posts: 64

I can't log into the game, my account is activated and I checked that i have the good password but it keeps saying "Invalid account/wrong password"

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

I got the same problem too Nos .....

it's a conspiracy, 'they' are out to get us !!

I have updated Adobe Flash Player.. and the game working fine now.

• BobRossBobRoss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 213

Hmmmm , its not letting me in. Correct account name and password , but it says its invalid , Dunno