Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Initial Version 2.0 Patch Notes Released

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

As promised, NCsoft has released an initial set of translated Aion version 2.0 patch notes from the 2.0 build currently in testing on the Korean public test servers.

While the patch isn't slated to go live in the states for some time (given the fact 1.9 hasn't even been deployed yet!), player interest in the 2.0 patch has been high, and for good reason! Version 2.0 will make some major changes and additions to the game, and while I won't go through all of them here you can read below for some highlights.

• Introduction of the Balaur homeland: Balaurea, which includes two new regions, with monsters level 51 and above. Each region will also be home to two fortresses and four artifacts.

• Balaurea will also feature new a number of new flight options, one of which includes the previously covered "windstreams." Windstreams can be flown into by daevas where they are then boosted through at high speeds. Some windstreams can be left early if the daeva chooses, while others are too powerful and will require the daeva to remain within until they arrive at the end of the stream. Flight time will not be used up while a daeva is within a stream. 

• Updrafts and geysers are also being introduced in addition to windstreams, and these will allow players to gain ascend to higher areas by either catching an updraft with their wings, or by riding the eruption of a geyser beneath them.

• Many new instanced dungeons have been added as well, including: Udas Temple, Udas Underground Temple,Taloc's Hollow, Nightmare, Beshmundir Temple,  Haramel, Debris of Abyss, and Chantra Dredgion.

• The level cap has been raised to 55, and there are many new skills introduced to the game to fill out the new level range.

• Crafting has also seen a raise in skill cap, now maxing out at 549, and harvesting vitality of Weathered Shapes near windstreams may produce unique weapons.

• Tons of new quests have been added.

• A new pet system has also been added in version 2.0, introducing pet categories such as Warehouse (storage pets ranging anywhere from 6-24 slots), Alertive (alerts its master when an opposing race character approaches them), Productive (feeding this pet may produce a manastone, enchantment stone, or a number of other resources), and Multi-type pets, which as their name would imply, feature multiple functions.

• And much more (seriously!)

Go through the massive set of notes here for even more details on version 2.0 of Aion.

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Funny how this game has fallen off most people's radar.  I just don't think that NCSoft understands the western audiences taste when it comes to MMO's.  Beautiful game, yet for not very popular on this side of the pond. 

When you get down to it, it is too much like many of their previous titles.  So if you like them, you probably liked Aion.  While popular in Asia, it is just another niche game here.

• GreyedGreyed Member UncommonPosts: 137

*scrolls through changelog*

Huh, nothing about cracking down on botters and kinah sellers. Soooo, no changes worth mentioning.

Not just another pretty color.

• DarbiusDarbius Member Posts: 15

Frankly for me it was the whole Gameguard fiasco.  After saying they would never get rid of it, they finally caved and got rid of it just before launch but said they would be looking for ways to reintegrate it without causing problems.  I just never believed that they wouldn't bring it back and now that I believe they actually might never bring it back...I just don't care about the game anymore.

Also, I like well-developed PvE and instances so for pretty much the same reasons as Warhammer it probably wouldn't hold my attention for very long.  Some people find PvP exhilarating, I just tend to find it annoying.

Yoink.adios\losers

• DarbiusDarbius Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Greyed

Huh, nothing about cracking down on botters and kinah sellers. Soooo, no changes worth mentioning.

Hah, they'll probably bring back Gameguard to try to fight it.  What a horrifying program.  I think it's actually the most intrusive program I have ever had installed on my computer that has a live external connection.  One pissed off employee and you're all screwed.

But seriously, a staff of GM's and a banhammer would do wonders for this kind of crap, I just get the feeling that they don't want to invest in it.

Yoink.adios\losers

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Why would NCsoft crack down on botters and kinah sellers when China made gold farming a legal profession this past year?  I imagine there are tons of new sweatshops running lan parties now to farm gold in any form online.

• vickter420vickter420 Member UncommonPosts: 37

this game has been outa so long and NA servers are so far behind in content STILL. I really liked Aion until you hit level 40 and you see the massive grind ahead of you, yes I know you grind in every MMO but alteast most of them have more content then whats offered in Aion. If they would have either dropped xp needed for levels, or made it so you got a lot more xp from quests (insead you get the same xp as if you killed two-four mobs). I really hiope they make a great game with Guild Wars 2!

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Some pretty interesting new stuff there, about time the game gets a solid new content update, not just 51~55 but also on lower levels.

This is my fix for classic theme park MMOs, also subbed on EVE as my current sandbox. And hopefully we'll get a fresh wave of next-gen classic fantasy MMOs next year we won't even call theme parks. Miracles and "WoW-killing" aside, I'll stay with the now until the future comes.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

blah blah guys, old records spinning here. Dont just hate Aion for the sake of it. read the notes.

Alot of changes are being made in 1.9 and 2.0 to cope with the moaning west.

Not very popular? hah its very popular thanks.

Botter and sellers?? old news now, they were taken care of ages ago.

Just goes to show, as soon as a Aion post pops up on mmorpg.com its slag slag slag.

Aions a great game and doing well and wil continue to do well :D

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

It's actually a very popular game, but I won't play it again until 1.9 is released, or possibly even 2.0. They didn't listen to the player feedback before and during beta. I think their biggest fallout was the fact it was still too grindy, and too little variety in the mid-level range. They shouldn't of even launched before 1.9 or 2.0 was a launch version of the game, over here. But I do believe once these updates are live this game will see more success.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Originally posted by Valentina

It's actually a very popular game, but I won't play it again until 1.9 is released, or possibly even 2.0. They didn't listen to the player feedback before and during beta. I think their biggest fallout was the fact it was still too grindy, and too little variety in the mid-level range. They shouldn't of even launched before 1.9 or 2.0 was a launch version of the game, over here. But I do believe once these updates are live this game will see more success.

Yeah, it's still #9 on Xfire (considering Xfire as a valid way to have an idea on popularity) losing only to the "elephant in the room" of the MMO genre, though they could use some merges though, that amount of servers was okay (okay, not really okay, as there were multi-hour queues but then they released two new servers and made you unable to AFK to save yourself a spot, killing private stores in the process) when it was ranked #4 with over twice as many hours logged in it.

Grindy isn't really the issue as levels are some imaginary number, the fun should be measured in content, and that's where the lack of variety plays its role on higher level ranges, it's fine if you want to repeat an instance or grind an area for a specific reward, but that shouldn't be the norm, variety being available for those that seek it.

Apparently it's what they wish to partially address in 2.0, further tweaking quest rewards and adding some low and mid-level instances, there will even be a solo instance for levels 18~22 (Haramel) and another for levels around 37~42, and coin quests will get more useful with the ability to directly purchase something you want and the additional of new, higher-grade equipment.

They still have a solid base and a considerable player base, by taking it in the right direction they can still manage to hit a release-like population someday (no MMO becomes #1 at release day, they are grow as a result of being successful in the test of time like EVE, LOTRO and WoW).

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

Stop spreading lies. It's not worse atm than in any other mmo.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Originally posted by Malevil

Stop spreading lies. It's not worse atm than in any other mmo.

This.

Last time I played Aion like a week or two ago, there was hardly anybody selling gold that I could see. Hardly any botters (although I did see a couple harvesting). The game has just as bad of a problem with bots as any other game. The only difference is people are looking for problems like that in asian mmo's.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

haha yea like Aion is the only game with cheaters and RMT.

This is an ok game what ever people say. It doesent have more problems then any other mmo out there. other words of that is just made by kranky pants, and people with no clue 

• LasciviaeLasciviae Member UncommonPosts: 18

Kinah sellers, bots, and gameguard... You guys are so full of it. Gold spam was nipped in the bud 3-4 weeks after launch. Gameguard was removed immediately! All of these issues have been addressed already. I am actually surprised when I have to block someone in the chat window that gold spams. It happens less than once per week. You can't say that's a problem.

Stop distracting people who want to try the game with this nonsense. I am really confused why you still keep reading about this game that you hate on so much.

Content is/was a proplem. Now with the new zones; they are safely on their way to solving it.

Keep it up!

L.

• IdtaIdta Member UncommonPosts: 24

I honestly liked this game when I played it up to when the grinding started and when it was almost necessary for me to party with people to do anything.

It has quite a big focus on PVP since the PVE is incredibly grindy at higher levels..But it is a beautiful game and the mechanics were pretty good.

As for botters and hackers, the only thing I can say is I have never received a fake e-mail from NCSOFT telling me to go check out some fake links...Nor have I ever had my account stolen as opposed to the billion times it happened on WoW.

I don't trust WoW anymore due to the constant account stealing, I would not dare to put any information on my account there...Too dangerous in my opinion.

So the only thing stopping me from playing Aion is the grind and the emphasis on PVP as opposed to PVE which is what I enjoy.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

I hope people realize they don't post things about goldsellers/botters in a patch list because it's really not something you patch in. Unless it's something like adding a security program, e.g. Gameguard Anyways, notes look lovely, can't wait to delve into 2.0.

• JadetoothJadetooth Member UncommonPosts: 372

Hm, guess i'll wait for 2.0 instead of 1.9 to hit live before i resub now.

------------------------------

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

How the fuck do you patch for a gold seller.. gold sellers are players who play the game, farm items, and then horde the gold to sell later. THey dont keep it all on one player so do you realize how difficult it is to seperate a goldseller from a hardworking player?

If you go to those gold selling sites they have EVERY MMO listed, not just aion so dont make it seem like NCSOFT is fucking up and not controlling their game. People need to stop acting like gold selling and botting is unique to asian MMOs. and confinded to asian mmos only.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

Uhhh, sorry, kinah sellers weren't "nipped 3-4 weeks after release." I played for 2 months after release and finally quite because I got sick of reporting my 10 bot limit in under 7 minutes. For a while I was reporting every bot I reported to #aionbot on twitter just to track how fast the reports went and who I was reporting day in and day out. After their huge sweep of removing bots I went from 10 reports in 7 minutes to 10 reports in *gasp* 8 minutes! Since then there has been mum about new initiatives to address the real botters and sellers.

People who say Aion has as much as other MMOs must not play any other MMOs aside from, say, Lineage 2.

Since playing Aion I have played WoW, LotRO, FE, RoM and Allods. Number of bots reported in those games in total since playing Aion? 0. Number of gold farmers blocked in those games since playing Aion? 0.

"But Greyed, you don't play any more, you don't knoooowwwwwwww."

Don't have to play to be in an inter-MMO guild and hear reports of botting/kinah sellers from my guildmates there, bub.

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788

does this mean everyone gets pets and if so how do u get them

• DwarvishDwarvish Member Posts: 208

Just a couple quick points. 

Gold sellers are no more or less numerous  than on any popular MMO.  I had just about had in early on ( by the way  Greyed..the list was 100 and could be changed) but it is rare I have to ignore anymore. This issue will continue to be a problem and will ebb and flow as the Bot  folks find new ways to get thier message in.....this wouldn't happen on a 'dying' MMO.

Gank fest..ummmm, yup!   It can be a major pain in the butt for those nights when I just want to collects mats or at the most just wander a bit.

Grind fest....it can be..see gank fest.  

No, 10. You got 10 reports then had to wait a certain amount of time (1/2 hour? Hour?) before you got another report. I was talking about the people I reported, not the people I blocked.