Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Tyrannis Trailer Released

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

CCP Games has released this full trailer for Tyrannis, the upcoming expansion to EVE Online which is set to launch on May 18th.

For those of you who haven't been following EVE Online closely, Tyrannis will expand EVE's current gameplay offerings by allowing for deeper interaction with the game's planets, including developing their infrastructure and mining them for resources.

Click the image above or go here to watch the new trailer.

[Thanks Comnitus for the tip!]

Comments

• DabruuzerDabruuzer Member UncommonPosts: 123

Love EVE or hate EVE, you have to admit that CCP puts out some truly epic trailers.  I am a fan, and have been playing for over a year now, and each time they release a new expansion, it just seems to re-addict me (not a word, but oh well LOL).

A Little Dab'll Do Ya!

• AdreuAdreu Member UncommonPosts: 33

Awesome Trailer...

• DogPeeOnTreeDogPeeOnTree Member Posts: 92

wish this was f2p or atleast they sold game cards like ncsfot >.< and than i could play it but oh well.

• PrinceRiouPrinceRiou Member UncommonPosts: 6

There are Game Time Cards, can also be used to sell ingame to make isk :P

• shavashava Member UncommonPosts: 324

You can buy PLEX (months of game time) via wallie-card and a couple other methods, and they take PayPal.  There are a bunch of ways to pay for it via mobile and such around the world.  Check out this page: https://secure.eveonline.com/etc.aspx?aid=1337 for a list of vendors internationally.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

Worst thing about the game... You can buy game time cards and sell them to other players for in-game currency.  Not only is it allowed, the game facilitates the sale.  It's just like buying gold in any other game, except that CCP get's all the real cash.  So this game has no levels or XP... You are what you can afford and in-game cash is officially for sale.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Difference between "buying gold" from an item shop or a bot (assuming the person buying the PLEX isn't a bot), is that someone in the game had to EARN the isk you're getting in the first place, it isn't newly created wealth causing inflation, its a monetary transfer from one *player* to another *player* for game time<==>isk. Net change in the game's monetary supply is zero.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

Uh..... OK.  You know, gold farmers have to actually earn the currency they sell in every game that I am aware of.   I'm not sure what you think the normal gold selling process entails... I wasn't comparing the practice to an item shop, but to the act of farming and selling gold between users. 

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

All selling time cards does is take money out of the gold farmer's hands.  Why is that a bad thing?  You will NEVER, I repeat.. NEVER defeat gold farmers.  They will exist in an MMO until it's no longer profitable to do so due to the game's popularity dwindling.

So all CCP has done is provide a way to take money out of gold farmer's hands (gold farmers, which have been proven to exert FAR more server stress than a player), and make it less profitable for them to be there.  It creates balance in the economy and regulates the value of ISK.  With gold farmers, game economies often get out of hand.  CCP is simply controlling it and keeping it how THEY want it.  It doesn't get rid of gold farmers, but it certainly makes it less appealing for them to be in the game.

Edit:  Actually, the fact that you have that review linked in your signature makes me believe you'll never be happy with any explanation, and are just complaining for the sake of it.

• NytakitoNytakito Member Posts: 381

Originally posted by Salvatoris

Uh..... OK.  You know, gold farmers have to actually earn the currency they sell in every game that I am aware of.   I'm not sure what you think the normal gold selling process entails... I wasn't comparing the practice to an item shop, but to the act of farming and selling gold between users. 

Goldselling only works in games in which the economy is loot driven (mob drops).  EVE has a full on player driven economy that has been in equilibrium for quite sometime now. 

You also seem to forget one huge fact, in that regardless of how much ISK you have, if you're piloting skills are horrible, then you still can't fit all that great expensive gear on your ships.  It isn't a game where spending 100million+ will get you some god like ship.  It will get you an expensive ship that if not flown properly by a skilled pilot can and will be blasted into pieces and become a waste of ISK.

It's not a theme park game where once you've purchased a ton of gold and purchased a ton of high end gear that you can just go out and pwn indescriminately.  In fact, playing EVE with that attitude is probably the quickest way to make it to 0 isk, regardless of how much you started with.

Oh and Tyrannis... YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Back on topic. While I'm not a huge fan of Eve's "game" per se, I LOVE the visuals, the artwork, the stories and the atmosphere. I would LOVE to see Eve become a movie and tv series. We are in dire need of a hardcore scifi show. And I mean one on like HBO, that is rated R, similar to the quality of the Sopranos/The Pacific/Band of Brothers and the upcoming Song of Fire and Ice.

That being said, I really wish this game was more "action" oriented. I'm actually hoping Dust 514 rocks and gives me the actiony feel I look for in the Eve universe. Part of this trailer almost looked like it hinted at how Dust 514 will be a part of the planet aspect. Can't wait.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

CCP does it once again....these guys make awesome trailers.   ^_^

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

This expansion does make me want to play though!

I just feel like I don't have the time to invest in learning the game right now. . soon. . soon....

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314

Originally posted by elocke

Back on topic. While I'm not a huge fan of Eve's "game" per se, I LOVE the visuals, the artwork, the stories and the atmosphere. I would LOVE to see Eve become a movie and tv series. We are in dire need of a hardcore scifi show. And I mean one on like HBO, that is rated R, similar to the quality of the Sopranos/The Pacific/Band of Brothers and the upcoming Song of Fire and Ice.

That being said, I really wish this game was more "action" oriented. I'm actually hoping Dust 514 rocks and gives me the actiony feel I look for in the Eve universe. Part of this trailer almost looked like it hinted at how Dust 514 will be a part of the planet aspect. Can't wait.

How can it get any more "action" oriented, than fleet vs fleet fighting?

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by DogPeeTree

wish this was f2p or atleast they sold game cards like ncsfot >.< and than i could play it but oh well.

They do sell Game Time Cards - see shattered crystal's website for one place. Players can also sell game time to each other for in-game currency, so if you become reasonably successful, you can play for free.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• yayitsandyyayitsandy Member Posts: 363

Definatly a game I would play if its subscription fee was comparible with other mmos . Given I live in the UK and there is no option for to pay in British currency the exhange rate with the euro makes it roughly 5-6 pounds more expensive a month . Not a lot I know but I feel 8.99 is really expensive enough and 14-15 pounds a month is just a little too much given I'm a more casual gamer and dont play for hours every day .

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Worst thing about the game... You can buy game time cards and sell them to other players for in-game currency.  Not only is it allowed, the game facilitates the sale.  It's just like buying gold in any other game, except that CCP get's all the real cash.  So this game has no levels or XP... You are what you can afford and in-game cash is officially for sale.

Tell that to the noob that buys a t3 and gets blown away by a t1 frigate.

This is not a game.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

That was a great trailer for a truly epic game.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Originally posted by yayitsandy
    Definatly a game I would play if its subscription fee was comparible with other mmos . Given I live in the UK and there is no option for to pay in British currency the exhange rate with the euro makes it roughly 5-6 pounds more expensive a month . Not a lot I know but I feel 8.99 is really expensive enough and 14-15 pounds a month is just a little too much given I'm a more casual gamer and dont play for hours every day .

www.shatteredcrystal.com

The time codes are 60-day, but it works out at around £11/month. Granted it's still more expensive than your typical MMO with the exchange rates at the moment, but I buy from there to get a cheaper deal still.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• yayitsandyyayitsandy Member Posts: 363

thanks dreathor thats could come in handy i shall look at the free trial .

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by itpaladin

Originally posted by elocke

How can it get any more "action" oriented, than fleet vs fleet fighting?

By letting me shoot ships with "twitch" combat instead of "click and wait" combat. In other words I want it to be more visceral. I want to feel my ship rock when I shoot crap. I want to just barely escape hitting another vessel as I do a barrel roll under to fire on other ships in the area.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Small difference between a normal player and a gold farmer though. The gold farmer typically is a fountain of cash (usually involving exploits/multiple accounts, etc) that doesn't enhance the economy in any other way. A normal player can also make cash, yet also *uses* stuff from the economy.  One tends to cause inflation, the other does not.