Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need some help/info

jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355

Not sure if im getting ahead of myself here but I hope myself and a few RL friends will be able to play soon. what is stopping us is out ISP. I was told the fix is comming soon. Anyway we played from beta till around 2001. Any tips for a noob i guess? All I remember was you needed motes for the atlan weapons, the nexus armor , Axe was garbage. The bandit hilt sword thing, and Lugians where weak against lightning. So whats a good build for an old but noob player without a guild but will have about 7 other old but noob players with him. Thx guys

Comments

• jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355

or are we so far behind its not worth playing?????? I remember subway lol

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

WOW, I had no idea Asheron's Call was still alive and kicking.... Unbelievable... I remember spending weeks farming those sandstone golems for 18 motes to make my Peerless Atlan Sword.. I reached level 25 and I remember I was able to take out level 69 shadows, lol... Anything was possible for chanters. :)  That game was fun for a while, but then I was introduced to EQ..

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

In any MMORPG if you don't play for years then you forget how to play and miss content, the difference is not many MMORPG out there with 10+ yrs of content.  You stopped in 2001? Huge amount of content in your case you have missed, so much in fact that I would not dare to start to list and what it is all about.

Best for you to just head over to the wiki or main site to get updated on what has taken place. There was a graphic update years ago for starters, the next thing was MS zone was handled directly to Turbine when they took over and all old accounts had to be migrated over from that system, so if you are using an old account there is a small chance Turbine ( NOT TURBINE ANYMORE) may not be able to migrate it over.

If your starting new then good luck the game is one the best games ever made but it is also one the hardest if not most frustrating new player starting games to get into. If you have patience and time to learn the new stuff then it is worth it.

The ultimate build is a mage with specialized defense, more details can be had from other AC sites that show you current builds or from just asking around in game but don't let the chat system frustrate you at first, it is hard to get hang of for new players.

The best server is Frostfell it is most populated.

Some helpful links >  http://vnboards.ign.com/frostfell/b5153/p1   http://asheron.wikia.com/wiki/ACC_Wiki_Home

PS: There is no real UI, and playing AC without the old decal addons will make playing very difficult and boring.

Good Luck.

Originally posted by bezado

In any MMORPG if you don't play for years then you forget how to play and miss content, the difference is not many MMORPG out there with 10+ yrs of content.  You stopped in 2001? Huge amount of content in your case you have missed, so much in fact that I would not dare to start to list and what it is all about.

Best for you to just head over to the wiki or main site to get updated on what has taken place. There was a graphic update years ago for starters, the next thing was MS zone was handled directly to Turbine when they took over and all old accounts had to be migrated over from that system, so if you are using an old account there is a small chance Turbine ( NOT TURBINE ANYMORE) may not be able to migrate it over.

If your starting new then good luck the game is one the best games ever made but it is also one the hardest if not most frustrating new player starting games to get into. If you have patience and time to learn the new stuff then it is worth it.

The ultimate build is a mage with specialized defense, more details can be had from other AC sites that show you current builds or from just asking around in game but don't let the chat system frustrate you at first, it is hard to get hang of for new players.

The best server is Frostfell it is most populated.

Some helpful links >  http://vnboards.ign.com/frostfell/b5153/p1   http://asheron.wikia.com/wiki/ACC_Wiki_Home

PS: There is no real UI, and playing AC without the old decal addons will make playing very difficult and boring.

Good Luck.

We will be starting new. not sure what skills we will spec but I remember the olthoi arcade was a good place to level up, for starters. Deacal was not around when I was playing. split pea was. is that still around?

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Split pea is gone there is better stuff. I to played in 2000-2004 then quit then came back off and on.  But things change and much of the decal system doesn't even support the new WIN7 that great but you can get to work. Try here http://acheaven.buwahaha.com/ for list of the decal plugins, you first need find decal working site to install update the software needed to get to work.

Man wish I could play now. I hope they fix the network thing soon.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Originally posted by bezado 

Good Luck.

Do get a bit tired of hearing decal users say such ridiculous statements.

I have never used decal or any form of a third party app and I never plan to.

The game is extremely easy to use and play without a single add on. It's also more fun without addons as many of them tend to just play the game for you.

• markfromindymarkfromindy Member UncommonPosts: 36

This was one of my favorite games back in the day, right after Ultima Online. Is a life/item/ archer still a viable build? Archers were always my favorite character to play.

Did Turbine change their stance on bots and proggies like decal?

I always considered those cheater programs for mouth breathers and lamers, and is one of the reasons I eventually quit.Well that, and we all thought that AC2 was going to be the next big thing and well...We know how that movie turned out.