Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes of Might and Magic Online: Closed Beta Key Handout!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com has been given 5,000 beta keys for Heroes of Might and Magic: Online - a new and unique turn based rpg strategy game based on the legendary Heroes of Might and Magic games. Get your beta key while supplies last!

Note: The game servers are hosted in the Asian region. Players from other areas may experience slow connection speeds.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Thanks, but based on that one preview video of them I would pass since it was just some artwork pictures etc. If they truly had a nice video preview I would give it a go but it seems they lack providing anything good to look at before install and test.

I will stick to my Shining Force series ROMS for now hahahaha. They should do a Shining Force MMORPG!!

• alien1984alien1984 Member Posts: 119

I was also unable to find any real gameplay videos, just the artwork. I was hoping the game was a mmo type of game but then i noticed it was turned based strategy game... I also think the website is a little strange too. 91.com?

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

Here are a couple gameplay videos

Castle view : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNoVNr4yrI4

Combat : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIVf2bDnQbI

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

This game looks like such a waste of time.

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

omg it looks so bad!

lol the music makes it "sound" good though!

• HaradeasHaradeas Member UncommonPosts: 252

I completed all parts from 1 - 4 + all addons, and I was shocked to see so little amount of monsters and classes to choose from : / Never the less I still gonna try it.

• GothikaboyGothikaboy Member UncommonPosts: 119

Originally posted by alien1984

I was hoping the game was a mmo type of game but then i noticed it was turned based strategy game...?

DEERP DI DERPTI DUM DUM

Please do not hype any gam.. oh wait, nevermind... forgot what forum I was on.

• alien1984alien1984 Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Gothikaboy

Originally posted by alien1984

I was hoping the game was a mmo type of game but then i noticed it was turned based strategy game...?

DEERP DI DERPTI DUM DUM

They do make titles like this smart guy.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

I clicked the link, and went to the website and I think my computer got infected with a viruses/spyware.  My protection is going nuts and now every time I open internet explorer (yeah I use IE), it tells me that whatever website I type in my harm my computer and it always leads me to a virus protection page.

So...I guess I am saying, watch out with this link, I am not sure if this virus/spyware is from the webpage, but it all began just now (I am using a different computer to type this), so be careful.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

Do you mean the mmorpg beta giveaway link?  If so that means mmorpg.com would be infected which would suck.  If you mean the homm  website link.   I have seen no problems with it.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Having downloaded the client, I clicked "install". I expected a window to pop up, but nothing happens. I clicked again, still nothing, clicked again. Suddenly I notice my computer slowing down. I check the task manager and it tells me that HoMM Online is currently extracting lots of files. Where it extracts them to? I'm not sure. The stupid program didn't ask me. Since I clicked it several times, it extracts them several times. And since it extracts them to the wrong place (not the harddisk for games) that partition is running out of disk space, causing the installer to abort, without removing the files it half-extracted to a directory I didn't find yet.

Yeah, nicely programmed, really. /sarcasm

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• isaboooisabooo Member UncommonPosts: 16

I didn't have any problems installing the game at all, went quite smooth. I'm certainly not expecting great things out of the game, but being a fan of the series, will be fun to give it a try

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

No idea what this game might be like, definitely loved the series so will give it a chance.

• ET3DET3D Member UncommonPosts: 325

This is one of these "if I had more time I'd love to test it" kind of thing. I can spend ages on HOMM. And what's with the busty elven babe in the video, that you can gift items to? I find that really out of place in this game (yet stragely appealing).

• OlliebolOlliebol Member UncommonPosts: 11

Definetly gonna try it, I have played 3 or 4 of the games in the series, loved em. Still play homm 4and5 with my friends every now and than.

hi

• MadGeloMadGelo Member UncommonPosts: 110

looks asian

no thx

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

I have downloaded, installed it and had no problems at all, just can not play cause servers are offline atm

• hanslauferhanslaufer Member UncommonPosts: 13

im still a big fan from the homm series and quite curios how the whole persitend world and mmo stuff plays out in that game. will give it a try for sure.

hope there is quite a bit char developmend to it and not to much asian manga style grafics.

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

It's not Asian manga style, but HoMM5 WoW style.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Originally posted by maji

Having downloaded the client, I clicked "install". I expected a window to pop up, but nothing happens. I clicked again, still nothing, clicked again. Suddenly I notice my computer slowing down. I check the task manager and it tells me that HoMM Online is currently extracting lots of files. Where it extracts them to? I'm not sure. The stupid program didn't ask me. Since I clicked it several times, it extracts them several times. And since it extracts them to the wrong place (not the harddisk for games) that partition is running out of disk space, causing the installer to abort, without removing the files it half-extracted to a directory I didn't find yet.

Yeah, nicely programmed, really. /sarcasm

It does, in fact, ask you where to install, so I'm not sure what happened with you. It sounds like you just launched the installer so many times that the basic extraction of the temporary installation files (which every installer on Earth does) was multiplied many times.

Though I honestly can't see how:

1. You didn't hear your hard drive working when you clicked the first time.

2. A 1 GB installer can fill up anything.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • bubu_3kbubu_3k Member UncommonPosts: 108

doesnt look great at all but as a fan of the series and huge fan of homm 3 (still play it with friends from time to time) i gotta give it a try

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” A. Einstein

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

I love me some Heroes of Might  and Magic, I don't know about this one though.... it looks just like HOMM5, but is online multiplayer? Maybe I'm missing something but I really don't  get why they'd try to take the basic formula and shoehorn it into a MMO, just doesn't make much sense.

My fave part of the games was always the single-player campaign, I mean, yeah taking my fully decked out army into battle against some friends or others might be fun for a bit, but I think it'd get stale. Especially if all the "Massively Multiplayer" aspect of the game turns out to be is just a glorified lobby. 

I will give it a try, and it'd be nice if it turns out to be a good game. I'm not holding my breath though.

• goofwadgoofwad Member Posts: 1

i must be missing a translator program or something, takes me to non-english pages after each step

• TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

It only takes me to a weird jibberish page for the sign up step. Meaning, I can't sign up >.> Even does it when I click sign up from the actual site.

�务器应用程���用

您试图在此 Web �务器上访问的 Web 应用程�当���用。请点击 Web �览器中的“刷新�按钮�试您的请求。

管�员注�事项: 详述此特定请求失败原因的错误信��在 Web �务器的系统事件日志中找到。请检查此日志项以查明导致该错误�生的原因。

Figure that one out XD

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• jotulljotull Member Posts: 256

Such a huge dispointment, I have been waiting for years for a M&M MMO, I was expecting graphics and gameplay like HoM&M: DM, instead we get this shit.

Blizzard has zero worries.