Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide: Mysterious Countdown Teasing PlanetSide Next?

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The folks at Massively have discovered an interesting new countdown clock that has appeared alongside a new comic on the official PlanetSide website. With 18 days and change to go, could we be hearing about PlanetSide next in the near future? Only time will tell. (I know, I know.)

Check out the countdown clock and comic here.

Comments

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

I speculate they will unveil a item mall....

i kid...

(god...i hope im wrong)

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

Please. Please. Please be a new Planetside.

I would love another AAA, big budget, monthly fee MMOFPS like the original, but I'm ok with the fact that it will probably be a free2play with some sort of alternative subscription model (aka Free Realms for "adults")

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

hope it's not as lame as the Bioware one...man that sucked hard

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• SlineerSlineer Member Posts: 246

Probably a countdown to news or maybe some concept art/video. Doubt we'd even see any type of gameplay or game graphics this early, but  we can always hope!

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342
    Planetside Next is the only game I can see myself giving SOE another chance for, maybe.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• GunstraGunstra Member UncommonPosts: 13

It's gotta be going free to play, I used to play but it has lost most of it's fun with none or very few updates to it, it's not worth $15 a month to play the same old stuff day in and day out.

Aion - Gladiator/Chanter Class
    War - Warrior Class

• CzargioCzargio Member Posts: 183

PLANETSIDE NEXT!

A man can dream, can't he?

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

I don't give a damn for the billing model except it isn't gon too far like Allod

HoweveR !! DAMN GIVE ME PLANETSIDE NEXT !!!!!!

I want it so bad open world FPS !! damn it I WANT IT NOW !!!

• NoyjitatNoyjitat Member Posts: 39

Heres to hopping soe doesn't screw up.

image,image

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Woohoo. Very rarely SOE holds my interest. Planetside is a great game, you do get bored after a few months, but it's a thrill while it lasts. Planetside 2? YES please.

• JimLadJimLad Member CommonPosts: 187

I'm surprised no one has tried to make a better Planetside already. Not that it would be easy, I think the game is pretty much perfect aside from the maps becoming stale.

• HetNetHetNet Member Posts: 48

I want more PanetSide desperately....But, I really can't help but feel trepidation....I mean, look at what all the "Great, wonderful" changes in PlanetSide have been like....CC, The Bending-Over, BFRs.....None of these improved the game in any way, and they ALL drove huge masses of players away....

As much as I want an updated PlanetSide, i won't get all fired up until I can SEE what they intend to produce....and, to be honest.....I really expect to be terribly disappointed....It would have to be pretty close to the original gameplay and environment to attract me.....and I predict that they'll change everything so radically it will bear no real resemblance to PlanetSide.

• HetNetHetNet Member Posts: 48

It just occured to me.....It's possible that they may be going to "re-integrate" Auraxis...Now THAT I'd like to see...

The whole Bending-Over, asteroid/planetoid thing never DID make any sense and was bad for the game and the immersion, to me.....The premise, the execution, and the result all sucked badly....

I'd almost rather see Auraxis again that a new PlanetSide.......

• ZorkenZorken Member UncommonPosts: 54

lol if i did press a button like that dude does in the last pic i would break my finger.

Benjamin Franklin wrote the best quote to use for MMOs in development.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

• Dionysus187Dionysus187 Member Posts: 302

I know for a fact that its a new planetside. I got an e-mail in September 09 that literally had the subject line "Help Us Design the Next Planetside Game" that had me fill out a survey for it.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Oh yes, please let it be, LET IT BE!

Yes, you guessed it. I won't say more.

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

Free Planetside!!...And they are going to anounce Planetside 2!!!

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Planetside was one of my first MMOs along with SWG.  The ONLY thing that would ever redeem SOE from what they did to SWG would be to release another Planetside...  Only because I think it would be crazy of them after Planetside really did not do very well, and I LOVED it, but NEVER thought they could ever make a new one, so if they did make a new one, OMG I would worship SOE like I once did when SWG was released.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Give me PS with space being a part of the game where spacial battleships can rain Orbital Strikes (piloted by players) down to the surface, and reavers and mosquito's can go into space and dogfight as well.... God that would be so epic... Planetside/Starside comebined into one (Not that starside exists, but I can dream). And I don't care about BFR's, just give me my thumper with an EMP nade and a big fat decimator to shove up the newbs ass that's piloting it. YEAH BABY!!! God I almost want to resub to PS again, I will let SOE grab my money as long as they deliver the game and at least an ant shit of development.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• SlineerSlineer Member Posts: 246

Its not a secret that they are working on a sequel for planetside. They haven't made a major announcement about it yet but its well known among current PS players as well as anyone who inquires about it. Also the Planetside Universe fan site pointed out that the count down actually ends on  the anniversery of the original planetside, so there is a good chance it may be related to the original more so then the sequel, or maybe both.

Source: http://www.planetside-universe.com/

After the whole payment model bullshit RTW announced for APB after a year of misleading and decieving people on what it would be, I can say I'm honestly hype up again for PS Next! I need a good online shooter to break free from all the fantasy MMOs on the market.

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

@cerebrix we are all thinking the same thing :)

if you noticed in the comic they are launching nanites, weren't nanites the ammo for the repair gun?

Current Games:

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

hm bit suprised they would make a planetside 2, when already busy make the agency.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Looking at how planetside was handled I am surprised at all the optomism for a sequel.  

I'm torn between this countdown (if it leads to anything major) being for planetside 2 [a PS3 free to play microtransaction game] or the original game going F2P. 

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188

What SOE failed to understand with PS is that the basic conept of the game is what rocked about. We didn't want all that extra swill like mechs and dungeons and asterodis.We wanted them to fix the game mechanics not add more broken stuff.

I won't hold my breath for anything I'd want to play. SOE has proven to me they've completely lost their mind when it comes to MMOs.

I say that, but I realize I find myself wishing I could fly a Galaxy again... dropping in tanks and troops on the front line...*sigh* PS was so good until they screwed with it...

• BravnikBravnik Member UncommonPosts: 158

I wanted another PS type game but NOT one from SOE because they screw up everything they ever touch. Smed needed to leave a long time ago as he is an idiot.