Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

December 28 or Spring 2011?

Would someone from MMORPG.com or the community clarify what I read in the Fan Friday update.  It stated that the novel based on the Deceived trailer will be coming out at the same time as the launch date of December 28, 2010.  Did I read that right?

Comments

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

yea you did. Unfortunately, the game probably won't be ready by then since it's not even in closed beta yet... The novel by Paul Kemp will be out December 28th, but the game most likely won't be out until spring of next year...

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Originally posted by Heidi

Would someone from MMORPG.com or the community clarify what I read in the Fan Friday update.  It stated that the novel based on the Deceived trailer will be coming out at the same time as the launch date of December 28, 2010.  Did I read that right?

Maybe they meant that the book will come out on the same day they announce the release date for the game, cause that makes more sense.

And if that is the case, just means that maybe Beta will be starting in the next couple of months.

Edit: just read the FFU and it says the book will be launching on Dec 28th. No mention of the game at all.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

Some one is going to have to quote it, but I did not read anything in relation to the book's release with any date of TOR.

The only thing I read was the story was written in the same time period as TOR.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• DervischDervisch Member Posts: 23
    It would seem a bit silly for them to push for a game launch date that's 3 days right after Christmas. I imagine it will be released well into spring if they can't safely manage a Christmas season release.
  • impulsebooksimpulsebooks Member Posts: 561

I cannot believe any MMO would launch 3 days after christmas, so I'm staying with spring 2011.

Mark E. Cooper
    AKA Tohrment
    Proud member of Damned Souls since 2007.
    http://www.damnedsouls.eu

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by impulsebooks

I cannot believe any MMO would launch 3 days after christmas, so I'm staying with spring 2011.

In My Rodo Report last month , I comment on the New Street Date of SOEs The Agency being 12/29/2010 .  I doubt that that game will be ready be then. SOE can not get its act together  in making in-house products for the PS3 .

I would not advise an MMO to some out over the Hoildays . Its a Family Feud in the making.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• Maverz290Maverz290 Member Posts: 447

Originally posted by JestorRodo

Originally posted by impulsebooks

In My Rodo Report last month , I comment on the New Street Date of SOEs The Agency being 12/29/2010 .  I doubt that that game will be ready be then. SOE can not get its act together  in making in-house products for the PS3 .

I would not advise an MMO to some out over the Hoildays . Its a Family Feud in the making.

Great present though!

Longing for Skyrim, The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

The Agency isn't even in Beta yet

But they plan to launch their Facebook Teaser game soon.image

• Maverz290Maverz290 Member Posts: 447

Originally posted by GamerAeon

The Agency isn't even in Beta yet

But they plan to launch their Facebook Teaser game soon.image

At first I thought that was the most random post I've ever read, but I see what you mean.

I highly doubt BioWare would release the game early, unless they are trying to surprise us.

Longing for Skyrim, The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

I'm saying maybe December sometime in the year 2012.. Maybe we'll be able to play a bit before the world supposedly ends? ;)

• gaiusmariusgaiusmarius Member UncommonPosts: 39

We'll all probably die before 2012.

The sun will ignite cow flatulence, and it'll create a massive bang and a new universe will be spawned.

^ New armageddon trend in the making.

[Playing] SW:ToR
    [Played] AoC, WoW, Rift, EQ 1, 2, SWG, DAoC, WAR, GW1, EVE, PotBS.
    [Watching] GW2, Archage

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Around the same time, so Spring 2011 is only a couple of months away, which might still classify as 'around the same time' :p

Well if you stretch it a bit.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Hopefully they take their time and release a final product, unlike recent MMORPGs we have seen.  I have more interest in a game that releases a polished product.