Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtual weorld.

charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

Hi all just wondering if anyone knows a good virtual world mmo i mean one where you can travel entire planet and drive vehicles, there was one yrs ago but i forgot name but i been trying to find it, Im pritty board of basic grinding for levels so im just looking for something you can explore even travel into space and explore for fun al dont mention The Universal becouse that has the worse graphics i ever seen.

Comments

• ButtermilchButtermilch Member Posts: 208

1) Learn to write a successful thread. Watch your grammar, especially punctuation. It's pretty mind boggling to read your post.

2) Do you want a fantasy or sci-fi game? As for fantasy, Darkfall might be the choice. In terms of sci-fi I would say PlanetSide, but it doesn't exist any more (as far as I know). So it's hard to tell. Maybe Neocron 2?

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

As i put i want a virtual world where you got a entire planet to explore and no grinding or levels, There was one about 5 yrs ago like google earth but you walked with a AV and can drive vehicles and had buildings and tree's well everything you expect.

Also it was streaming so was always updating.

Also im not applying for a Job so as long people can read my wrighting that's all that matters and i dont really care how it looks, at least it isent line after line of continueous Wrighting with no breaks.

• riceae02riceae02 Member UncommonPosts: 180

Originally posted by Buttermilch

1) Learn to write a successful thread. Watch your grammar, especially punctuation. It's pretty mind boggling to read your post.

2) Do you want a fantasy or sci-fi game? As for fantasy, Darkfall might be the choice. In terms of sci-fi I would say PlanetSide, but it doesn't exist any more (as far as I know). So it's hard to tell. Maybe Neocron 2?

Wow how arrogant are you?  Maybe english is not his natural language, maybe he is young, maybe he did not have the benefit of the best education, it's 4:00 AM on east coast maybe he is tired, maybe he is high or drunk, handcapped, etc.  Self right arrogant know-it-alls like yourself seem to point out mistakes but provide no help in correcting them.  Why is that I wonder? If you wanted to really be constructive why not teach him and provide the corrections instead of just "Learn to write a sucessful thread".

To the OP, I understood your thread and since he gave some decent advice I'm guessing the English teacher above did too. My only suggestion for you that would contain all of what you seek is SWG (Star Wars Galaxies).

• ButtermilchButtermilch Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by riceae02

If you wanted to really be constructive why not teach him and provide the corrections instead of just "Learn to write a sucessful thread".

I would do so, but I don't think I'm able to teach him something as English is not my mother-tongue. I have a hard time myself already to come up with a readable post. ;-)

But at least I try! By the way being high, drunk or whatever is not an excuse for me. Usually you choose by yourself what to consume...

And by "Learn to write a successful thread" I am serious. If your original post looks crappy and is horrible to read, you won't get the expected replies, or at least fewer. So it is in his interest to concentrate that one minute on "word-flow", just to get some more response.

Nevertheless, back on topic:

The game you are looking for. Is it actually an MMO? It rather sounds like some sort of simulation, not even a full game.

So maybe you are in the wrong forum.

It is online becouse your friends and others can also play, Also it isent SWG. It is like the universal but much better designed and more advance graphics. Also i done over 100 posts and even created a few and this is 1st time someone complained about how i wright a post.

Hmm could it be EvE Online? Oops nvr mind can't land on Planets in EvE.  Maybe you have already done this, however the 'Game List" on this form is pretty comprehensive have you look for your MMO there?

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I can't believe I'm suggesting this, but; maybe Second Life?

As for the game he was talking about - maybe Earth and Beyond?

(I've played neither)

the 'google maps' point doesn't strike a note with me, but wouldn't it be cool to play an isometric-view mech game using it? Like if you could stroll over a current .img of Tokyo and blow up buildings and/or godzilla. I know they did something similar with a zombie game, and that was fairly recent.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Earth and Beyond was the game that got me into mmo's : ). However you couldn't explore the planet (at least not on foot) could only land for some crafting, also no ground vehicles. E & B closed waaay older than a year ago good suggestion tho.

• ScalperOneScalperOne Member Posts: 281

I think project entropia may be what you seek.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by charlespayne

As i put i want a virtual world where you got a entire planet to explore and no grinding or levels, There was one about 5 yrs ago like google earth but you walked with a AV and can drive vehicles and had buildings and tree's well everything you expect.

Also it was streaming so was always updating.

Also im not applying for a Job so as long people can read my wrighting that's all that matters and i dont really care how it looks, at least it isent line after line of continueous Wrighting with no breaks.

It really sounds like SWG but you already said it is not. I did gave a look at the universal webpage and it looks interesting. But I have no idea wich game you talk about.

I actully found a mmo that uses google maps called twinity, Still beta but once final you can ecplore entire planet and every building and place is highly detailed and you can own buildings and clubs and buy stuff.