Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X-Trap error

mysticquemysticque Member UncommonPosts: 36

[ X-Trap] The game security module update has failed. Anyone else got the same error?

I wonder if win 7 security level has something to do with this.

[email protected]
www.youtube.com/411mysticque

Comments

• If you right click the game shortcut and click "Run as Administrator" you shouldn't get the x-trap error. Worked for me anyway.

• ufosydufosyd Member Posts: 2

It's stupid.  Here is the fix: http://aika-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1838

"We have received reports of users having difficulties with X-Trap when attempting to run Aika under Vista or Windows 7. This issue can be alleviated by making sure that the installation path for Aika is C:gPotatoAikaOnline, not C:Program FilesgPotatoAikaOnline."

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

Wow, a hardcoded path.   That's so 90's.   Bunch of rocket scientists made this one.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

either way they get the full access without you having any say!why does microsoft bother putting security on if game dev work this hard to get them down.ho well another game down the drain(wait it was already down the drain because they re not global and have to ipblock (doo)double wammy!

IF YOU INSTALL A  GAME IN PROGRAM MICROSFT GAME FILE AND IT DOESNT WORK DONT PRESS ANYTHING JUST DELETE IT !WILL SAVE YOU LOT OF MONEY AND HEADACKE!

• Lime_KirbyLime_Kirby Member Posts: 1

Run as Admin... Always works :) Worked for me! Can't believe I forgot to do that :P