Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it true end-game is about cash shop?

Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572

Mmkay so I'm thinking of trying this one out sometime...but I hear you really need to empty your wallet to really be viable for end-game. Is this true or false?

Comments

• AmorienAmorien Member Posts: 142

yes yes yes , 100% yes. i used to be on the pvp server when the game was in beta , man there was this guy who dropped about 300$ on just his belt. and Trust me the Gm's took special notice of him , mostly to his advantage.

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

The end game of RoM got nothing to do with skills just push one button and watch the movie if you "emptied your wallet". Otherwice it is completely pointless to play it unless you pay tons of  $$$$$$$.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Free to try Pay to compete.

RoM's equipment advancement system is nothing less than a pyramid scheme, it is theoiretically possible to just put an assload of time into grinding stuff, but it's so much time you would need to invest that no normal player could ever remain in current gear to stay competitive at the high end in either PvE or PvP.

You will need to be prepared to spend much more money per month than in a sub game to play hardcore / at the high end consistently, & that is the "catch" with almost all so-called free to play titles.

If however you are a very casual player that does not expect to reach high end quickly, or once they have a high end character to reroll & start again on perhaps a different class then you'll not ever need to spend much.

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Originally posted by Skuz

RoM's equipment advancement system is nothing less than a pyramid scheme, it is theoiretically possible to just put an assload of time into grinding stuff, but it's so much time you would need to invest that no normal player could ever remain in current gear to stay competitive at the high end in either PvE or PvP.

You will need to be prepared to spend much more money per month than in a sub game to play hardcore / at the high end consistently, & that is the "catch" with almost all so-called free to play titles.

If however you are a very casual player that does not expect to reach high end quickly, or once they have a high end character to reroll & start again on perhaps a different class then you'll not ever need to spend much.

The big sad truth.... IMO the f2p games should be for casuals and the p2p games should be for hardcore players. But what did it turned to be? Most of the p2p games became for casuals unlike the f2p games where you must spend a fortune to compete with anyone which is really SAD.

• smile9999smile9999 Member Posts: 57

yes this game is very much cash shop dependant, but honestly if you know how to get money and ofc not playing like one hour a day you can get enough gold to buy diamonds(which is the cash shop currency) and get anything you want, in my month and a half there somewhat hardcore playing, I made about 10 mill and got all the diamonds I needed

also being in a good guild is really helpful, forget mining and all this dumb shit, you wont get anywhere with that, maybe at the start but its not the way to go, first make about 2 mill from gathering and cooking and then start stating gears and selling them, lots of noobs out there with alot of money who dont even know what a good gear is, I once sold a 100k gear for 1.75 mill, spend all your money on making a good gear for yourself and get yourself in a good guild and run instances and sell stats and gear, you will get lots of money that way too

goodluck and hope I helped

They cripple the bird's wing, and then condemn it for not flying as fast as they.Malcolm X

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572

Okay, yuck. Not worth the 7 gig dl then.

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415

yea im removing this from my harddrive as we speak..been trying allods but looks like that ones gonna be more cash dependant then dating a crackwhore.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Originally posted by lagerchobg

The big sad truth.... IMO the f2p games should be for casuals and the p2p games should be for hardcore players. But what did it turned to be? Most of the p2p games became for casuals unlike the f2p games where you must spend a fortune to compete with anyone which is really SAD.

No not at all. Free to play means you don't have to pay to download and start playing. Never has it been that you can be competitive without paying. They do this on purpose i mean they do need to make a profit so they can add more content to their games and such.

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415

Originally posted by Frostbite05

Originally posted by lagerchobg

No not at all. Free to play means you don't have to pay to download and start playing. Never has it been that you can be competitive without paying. They do this on purpose i mean they do need to make a profit so they can add more content to their games and such.

yea but if you alienate the end game to everyone but the few people out there who feel a mmo is worth pumping 40 to 50 bucks amonth then your gonna end up crippling your game.people will eventually just leave.cosmetic items,mounts,exp potions.these are all things that are ok in a cash shop.these arent game changers..ruins of magic is doing all the wrong things...which is sad for a game with so much potential.