Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes of Might and Magic Online: Closed Beta in May

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

TQ Digital has announced that Heroes of Might and Magic Online, their 2.5D MMORTS based on the Heroes of Might and Magic IP, will begin closed beta testing this May.

Read below for the announcement and a brief description of the game:

Licensed by Ubisoft and developed by established China-based online games developer, TQ Digital, Heroes of Might and Magic Online (HoMM Online) weaves all the classic gameplay elements from a previous iteration of the franchise, Heroes of Might and Magic III, with the stunning updated graphics of Heroes of Might and Magic V, into a turn-based massively multiplayer version worthy of its place in the esteemed Heroes of Might and Magic dynasty. The closed beta will commence in early May 2010.

View the official Heroes of Might and Magic Online website for more information on the game.

Comments

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

I can't wait for this game. I remember playing HOMAM 1 and losing track of days.

• HathiHathi Member Posts: 236

I sure miss HoMM. I played Heroes of Gaia for awhile to satiate my fix.  Hopefully this will live up to the name Heroes of Might and Magic

Finally - Best site for Chuck Norris
    http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by Hathi

I sure miss HoMM. I played Heroes of Gaia for awhile to satiate my fix.  Hopefully this will live up to the name Heroes of Might and Magic

I tried Heroes of Gaia and I couldnt get into it because it was always autobattle, and thats no fun. I want to be in control of my army hehe

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Atlantica players must be looking at this game with envy.  Strategy combat where you can actually move your pieces.  Atlantica's movement restrictions are ridiculous in my mind.  Hopefully the rest of the game will be good also.

For turn based strategy they have already upstaged Atlantica.

• ThrawlThrawl Member Posts: 271

Interesting idea. Hopefully the turn based stradegy won't become an 'alternative' type of repetitive clickfest.

Our spirit was here long before you

Long before us

And long will it be after your pride brings you to your end

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

Here's gameplay for upcomming Closed Beta.

Gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNoVNr4yrI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIVf2bDnQbI

Graphics looks promising. And one more thing UBIsoft have only license for that title, TQ Digital is developing this game. Some ppl are confuse and think that game is same as http://mightandmagicheroeskingdoms.ubi.com/en/ , but it is'nt.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Archeminos

I can't wait for this game. I remember playing HOMAM 1 and losing track of days.

I played a demo of HOMM 1 and then went out and bought HOMM 2. Loved it as a solo game, and tried playing it in some online tournaments, but the downtime between my turns was ridciulous: 7-10 mintues. I found myself falling alseep waiting for my next turn.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• smile9999smile9999 Member Posts: 57

I love the HOMM series, I still have HOMM 3 till now and play it from time to time, great game, dont know if it would make a good mmo though

They cripple the bird's wing, and then condemn it for not flying as fast as they.Malcolm X

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Heroes of Might & Magic mmo? Sign me up!

but wait...

TQ Digital? No thanks, that name alone makes any game an automatic pass for me. They know all too well how to make their games completly dependant on cashshops. Seeing as this is going to be an RTS then I would assume it's community is will be more pvp focused, and like in all TQ games it is going to require heavy spending to even be able to play semi-competitive.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

this one might do insanelly good!

(you guys do remember it right!this was the once you played for years before online became the norm!

• nirvanetnirvanet Member UncommonPosts: 95
    OMG !!! I'm playing hmm2 since too many ! May the luck be with us because the last chapter (hmm5) was crappy as hell. Please : go back to the real hmm spirit !
    Excellent information :)
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

So one of the best gaming franchises is being turned into an asian grinder powered by a cash shop. I guess it was inevitable.

As much as I enjoyed previous HoMM games, this is is an automatic pass for me. First of all, It's not made by the original developers and second of all, it's being made by TQ Digital.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Atlantica players must be looking at this game with envy.  Strategy combat where you can actually move your pieces.  Atlantica's movement restrictions are ridiculous in my mind.  Hopefully the rest of the game will be good also.

For turn based strategy they have already upstaged Atlantica.

Hello! there are ppl who don't like moving their units. I guess games like Final fantasy sucks becouse you couldn't move your characters on a battlefield. ==; Not being able to move your units is a design choise they made.

As much as i love HoMM series this HoMM online doesn't look good.. the first mistake they made was to base it off HoMM 5 =/ but still I hope I'm wrong and it will be ok.