Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The STF .... Conundrum !

FelconianFelconian Member Posts: 103

Well at some point in time we all knew that somthing had to give regarding the so called endgame content "STF's" which Cryptic has been adding at a snails pace of two per month? (End Game Content - Which should be mid game content)

But every now and then a glims of how functional and fun these "STF's" are seem to bleed through, now considering the llifers are posting this i find it hard to miss the obviouse!

They are have problems finding people to fleet up for the "STF's" ... now considering the fleet size is only 5 ... we can only speculate as to WhY ... there are no fleets doing the STF's.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=151002

PS: I enjoyed the post on forum use by the mod today ...so to clear up why i post negitive info... I feel Cryptic does not deserve the right to take an IP and undervalue it in the manner they did. They outright neglect client ethics and stall for subscriptions(which by just monitoring there progress on can see) and employ maketing tactics to entice poeple to through more money(LTS) at this MMO which does not offer any value beyound the box price. This is misleading people when the game is unfinish and shallow they flaunt the addition of content which is not do able by inividual players all while the so called two factions in Launch had one incomplete .... and is still incomplete ..3 months later... but LTF's recieved extra exlusive content.(Yea yea ..i know about "They done it in there spare time BS!")

I like your hair .... Craig Zinkievich ...

..Agree ..Or Dis- embowl

Comments

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

"They are not "hard". Their difficulty is only slightly above that of sleeping. They are just overly long and drawn out for no real reason"

It seems some people are starting to see what cryptics vision of end game is.  I thought at one point one of the devs said they did not want to get into the gated raid philosophy but here we are. If you don't complete any of the priior stf's you can't start the new one. I wonder if all the future stf's are just going to be add on's to the present ones or will some form their own arcs?

What was the mod post? I didn't see anything.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

First off for the love of god OP check your spelling

A spear is something you throw at someone you don't like very much.  Spare was the word you where looking for.  Cyptic and their (not there) faults aside, this is the same crap we see in every MMO that gets released.  Little or no endgame content that gets slowly pushed out as the game gets tweaked and patched.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• FelconianFelconian Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Death1942

First off for the love of god OP check your spelling

A spear is something you throw at someone you don't like very much.  Spare was the word you where looking for.  Cyptic and their (not there) faults aside, this is the same crap we see in every MMO that gets released.  Little or no endgame content that gets slowly pushed out as the game gets tweaked and patched.

ThanX M8T...

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Two things I find interesting: One, that you have to finish previous STFs to advance to the next one. City of Heroes had a series of Task Forces that you could finish in any sequence you wanted. Two, that you can only have five people per team. City of Heroes had a maximum team size of eight.

In both cases it looks like Cryptic games are devolving.

• PermianPermian Member CommonPosts: 78

Pretty much like everyone else I spent or wasted hours in The Infected never managing to complete it. I found out what the trick is to complete it but you know what? Even though I know I just couldn't be bothered with it any more. It was boring, boring, boring ditto for the rewards. From what I've read about The Cure and The Khitomer Accord they're the same.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Interesting that even blue names are agreeing STF are yet more fail.  Funny most agree that ground combat is much weaker than space combat, and yet all these worthless STFs appear to be mostly ground combat.  Is Cryptic the MMO equivalent of "The Producers"?

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Permian

Pretty much like everyone else I spent or wasted hours in The Infected never managing to complete it. I found out what the trick is to complete it but you know what? Even though I know I just couldn't be bothered with it any more. It was boring, boring, boring ditto for the rewards. From what I've read about The Cure and The Khitomer Accord they're the same.

All I saw was more borg missions and I hated fighting the borg in the normal story missions. I don't think i ever finished the last borg story mission because apparently cryptics idea of increasing difficulty is simply to increase the number and rate of spawns in the end game. 

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Most MMO companies seem to be getting away from gated content. 

• JounarJounar Member UncommonPosts: 142

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

Interesting that even blue names are agreeing STF are yet more fail.  Funny most agree that ground combat is much weaker than space combat, and yet all these worthless STFs appear to be mostly ground combat.  Is Cryptic the MMO equivalent of "The Producers"?

+1

As someone who hates the ground side of the game due to it being boring as hell, having all the endgame content made up of 90% ground based combat really turned me off.  It dosent help that STO's retarded skill system makes you have to pick between either space or ground skills due to lack of points to do both, and just shows the Cryptic dev team really have no fucking clue as to how to make a fun game not to mention how to fix STO.

Apart from pretty cool character creation system the only other good part of STO that most players/reviewers have agreed on is the space combat half of the game being fun so seeing Cryptic make nothing but ground based content has to prove them to be the MMO equivalent of "The Producers"

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Jounar

+1

As someone who hates the ground side of the game due to it being boring as hell, having all the endgame content made up of 90% ground based combat really turned me off.  It dosent help that STO's retarded skill system makes you have to pick between either space or ground skills due to lack of points to do both, and just shows the Cryptic dev team really have no fucking clue as to how to make a fun game not to mention how to fix STO.

Apart from pretty cool character creation system the only other good part of STO that most players/reviewers have agreed on is the space combat half of the game being fun so seeing Cryptic make nothing but ground based content has to prove them to be the MMO equivalent of "The Producers"

True,  space combat is fun for the first couple of levels, but you soon find that you are doing the same combat over and over with each level.  It is to the point now that I know when i have a "Defend Yourself" mission I know exactaly where they are, how many of them and which way they will attack.

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Maybe it is some sort of ironically devious plan. Except in 'The Producers' the show was an unexpected success, whereas Cryptic have an epic fail.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

I think it's more likely that they either honestly thought everyone was going to drink this swill and like it, or it was a deliberate attempt to rip end users off.

Maybe both.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by ScribbleLay1

"

True,  space combat is fun for the first couple of levels, but you soon find that you are doing the same combat over and over with each level.  It is to the point now that I know when i have a "Defend Yourself" mission I know exactaly where they are, how many of them and which way they will attack.

i actually sprained my space bar playing this game. True story.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by saxifr

Originally posted by ScribbleLay1

"

i actually sprained my space bar playing this game. True story.

I believe it.  There are no tactics in this game.  Who ever shoots the most and the fastest wins.  But I do like how you can shoot thru rocks and the corners of buildings.