Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's official

KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Don't know if this has been posted already but

It's official, Star wars the sitcom is being scripted

As is a new animation aimed at 3-5yr olds

Can we say merchandising?

Comments

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Amazing - This is being pushed ahead of a geniune live action series. 

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Karahandras

Don't know if this has been posted already but

As is a new animation aimed at 3-5yr olds

Can we say merchandising?

Of course we can. Lucas has been pimping out the corpse that was Star Wars ever since he turned Return of the Jedi into The Muppets Take Endor.

I was very unhappy when I heard the news of this sitcom until I saw it will be made by the same guys who make Robot Chicken. Their Star Wars episodes were pretty damn funny. So I'm reserving judgement for the time being.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by TardcoreOf

course we can. Lucas has been pimping out the corpse that was Star Wars ever since he turned Return of the Jedi into The Muppets Take Endor.

I was very unhappy when I heard the news of this sitcom until I saw it will be made by the same guys who make Robot Chicken. Their Star Wars episodes were pretty damn funny. So I'm reserving judgement for the time being.

Oh...Seth Green? Hmmmm...very interesting. That leads me to believe this will be more of a Family Guy/Futurama type show. If anyone can get it to work, I think Seth is the guy tbh. I'm not a fan of "cartoon Star Wars", but I am a fan of Seth's work. It will be interesting to see what he does with it.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Link here btw http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/movieextras/top10s/how-george-lucas-killed-star-wars.php

Have to say that when i saw who was writting the script i thought well maybe, but then i saw it was to feature characters from the films i switched to well maybe not

Article also poses an interesting proposition about the digital re-releases on dvd and what will be next now that blu-ray is about and the great Lucas has his eye on Avatar 3D.  Will that re-re-re-release of Empire Strikes Back where every character has been replaced with an Ewok finally make it only in 3D, let's hope soimage

Also have to wonder what it holds for the future of star wars mmo's since LA seems determined to target everything at a younger and younger audience.  NGE to SWTOR to the clone wars mmo.  Will we be seeing an mmo based of the new 3-5yr old series?  Will they be releasing star wars birthing pools with waterproof screens and keyboards so you can feel the goodness from the very day you are born?

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Link here btw http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/movieextras/top10s/how-george-lucas-killed-star-wars.php

Have to say that when i saw who was writting the script i thought well maybe, but then i saw it was to feature characters from the films i switched to well maybe not

Article also poses an interesting proposition about the digital re-releases on dvd and what will be next now that blu-ray is about and the great Lucas has his eye on Avatar 3D.  Will that re-re-re-release of Empire Strikes Back where every character has been replaced with an Ewok finally make it only in 3D, let's hope soimage

Also have to wonder what it holds for the future of star wars mmo's since LA seems determined to target everything at a younger and younger audience.  NGE to SWTOR to the clone wars mmo.  Will we be seeing an mmo based of the new 3-5yr old series?  Will they be releasing star wars birthing pools with waterproof screens and keyboards so you can feel the goodness from the very day you are born?

Nothing has changed, Lucas targeted the original Star Wars for 10 year olds, he has said it many times.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by Mazin

Nothing has changed, Lucas targeted the original Star Wars for 10 year olds, he has said it many times.

Heh true. . it is also accessable to older folks. . imagine if someone complained that the new smurf movie was geared toward kids.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

That's why everything since the original series, that Lucus had imput on, has sucked. Because that gritty, dark, almost film noir style of the first two movies wasn't what he wanted, he wanted more special effects and puppets. They need to muzzle Lucus and keep him away from anything starwars.

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

dont be so upset guys, how do u expect the new generations to love starwars if all the can see is mature starwars content of old.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Yeah, but everyone else who works on Star Wars pretty much screws it up too.

The only good Star Wars game in the past 11 years was "Republic Commando" because it HAD NO JEDI IN IT and it wad DARK AND GRITTY.

Beyond that.... everything is just rehashed tripe. I'm sorry, but Knights of the Republic was the exact same story as the original trilogy, it wasn't as ground breaking as everyone likes to think.  Standard Bioware game, it was.

Republic Commando.... and... thats been pretty much it. 

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Best Star Wars games so far have been Tie Fighter, and the original Dark Forces, IMO.

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Best Star Wars games so far have been Tie Fighter, and the original Dark Forces, IMO.

Rogue Squadron, Battlefront (I only, not II) and X-Wing Alliance as well ;)

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

*cough* Shadows of the Empire was awesome *cough*.... *cough* wasn't even about Jedi *cough cough*

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

*cough* Shadows of the Empire was awesome *cough*.... *cough* wasn't even about Jedi *cough cough*

/doh!!! That was on my mind when I replied as well. Agreed!!! Dash Rendar > Kyle Katarn

• safetysafety Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by Mazin

Lucas may have targeted the original Star Wars for ten year olds but luckily, the directors and writers who made the first two films ignored him and crafted the film for teenagers and young adults. Unfortunately, they did such a good job that the films were roaring successes and Lucas got enough money to take back control of the movies. As a result, those he made subsequently were horribly dumbed down.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Either you, or your sources are getting the term 'sitcom' wrong.

A sitcom is like Seinfeld, rarely do two episodes lead into each other, and each is based on a few select 'situations' that are meant to mock modern life (for the most part). I guess Star Trek walked a thin line where most episodes where stand-alone stories, but by all means this SW show is going to be like Battlestar Galactica, with an ongoing central plot. I just cannot see some college drama of kids in a Jedi institute talking about useless crap, but I would not be surprised to see it at some point.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by jadan2000

dont be so upset guys, how do u expect the new generations to love starwars if all the can see is mature starwars content of old.

When did Star wars ever made anything "mature"?

Star wars have always been aimed for 15 year old kids. Lucas later movies do suck badly but the problem here is not that he isn't mature or aimed at the right age, the problem is that he thinks special effects are more important than a good script and that he forgot what made him famous in the first place (that would be stealing ideas from cowboy, samurai and WW2 movies in a very good way).

Just look what he did to Indy...

• bleed0rangebleed0range Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by GTwander

Either you, or your sources are getting the term 'sitcom' wrong.

A sitcom is like Seinfeld, rarely do two episodes lead into each other, and each is based on a few select 'situations' that are meant to mock modern life (for the most part). I guess Star Trek walked a thin line where most episodes where stand-alone stories, but by all means this SW show is going to be like Battlestar Galactica, with an ongoing central plot. I just cannot see some college drama of kids in a Jedi institute talking about useless crap, but I would not be surprised to see it at some point.

The show is a comedy, and likely will be centered around what funny "situational" humor can happen to random inhabitants of the Star Wars universe each week.  Like extended versions of the Robot Chicken sketches.  Think of the one where the architect gets his hand cut off because hisfriend was screwing around. 

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I have feelings it'll be mediocre at best, for the time being I catch the Star Wars: Clone Wars CG anime from time to time- Shak'ti is cute.