Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda: New Server Added

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hi-Rez Studios has announced that they have set up a new server hardware in Singapore to better server the Pacific Rim community accessing the game. In addition, the Tradewind Territory Zone. which is open Monday through Thursday from 10:30 to 12:30 GMT (18:30 to 20:30 in Singapore), will be hosted on the new server hardware.

This latest change also marks the switch to a cloud-based computing architecture for Hi-Rez Studios, which will allow the developer to seamlessly add new servers to the game going forward. To clarify, Global Agenda is still a single shard game, the new server has been added to the back end.

View the original announcement here.

[Thanks Christopher8 for the tip!]

Comments

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

so the game remain one world server game no ?

BestSigEver :P

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

"Cloud based computing" heh. Such a fancy term for a dynamicly configurable load balancer.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by cosy

Yes. The servers are on the back end. I know you play EVE Online, think of it like the various servers they use to host different sectors in space, I suppose. :)

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

I must be misunderstanding how they do this then if you are comparing this to EVE. When I logon to EVE, there are is one server option, and everyone in EVe is on that one server. If I logon to GA and never leave the NA server, I will never be able to play with people on the Pacific or European servers correct?

• viddsterviddster Member UncommonPosts: 220

There is a lobby that you log into which are all in North America. Here you can chat, customise your character and skills. When you choose to do a mission you have a pull down box in the bottom right which lets you choose where you wish to play.

I choose the Europe selection and when I enter the mission I am playing PvP or PvE missions in Europe.

When you finish you are back in the lobby in NA again.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by cosy

Yes. The servers are on the back end. I know you play EVE Online, think of it like the various servers they use to host different sectors in space, I suppose. :)

Ehmm no you are wrong. There is only one single zone and instance of each space sector in EVE Online.

Compaire it more like Guild Wars, DDO and Cryptic's way of instancing.

At the front end (chat window) it looks like one server, but you split off into a region zone when actually playing (missions, PVP, etc).

Jer

• scabbedangelscabbedangel Member UncommonPosts: 117

New server is not looking so good. The majority of the oceanic community is getting a 200-300 ping, and a good portion of us are ~400. I actually get a better ping to the atlanta server.

• PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

It's a great move by HiRez, but unfortunately the comment above is correct ... these 'Pacific Rim' servers have got some problems.