Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do here?? Waiting ages for missions...

chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

So I downloaded the trial. I will wait before I judge it, but the first impression is fail.

Here I am, running around in the 'Dome' waiting for a mission to start... which takes ages. Meanwhile I am watching the chat. Well, it is definately the WORST chat I ever seen so far any game. It is complete rubbish going on there. Jeez. talk about immature community.

Well well, I am still waiting...

Maybe this "game" has some sort of single missions? Or maybe not...

/sigh

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

Comments

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

PvE or PvP? I've been trying the PvP missions and I don't think I've had a wait over 5 minutes.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

PvE. I am level 6. Still waiting for something to happen.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

PvE missions and 10v10 merc pvp have been nice and fast for me, pretty well anytime of the day.

Longest wait I have had between matches was maybe 7 or 8 minutes. I definitely agree about City chat though, it is pretty extreme and I usually have mine turned off for that very reason.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Sorry, this is not worth it. Not gonna spend any more time in this game. There are plenty of games that have action. This is not going anywhere. I am still in queue.

Good luck to all. This game is very far from the quality I demand for my MMO's.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I don't know what exactly you played, but if you press the balance group button and queue up it usually takes less than 3 minutes. I have never waited longer than that, and I have gotten from level 5 to 21 in two days. So I did a ton of pve. If you are a recon like every single other person who started a trial, maybe that is why the queue takes so long, they have like 30 billion in the line.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I have to agree with Panther2103. I have yet to wait longer than 3 minutes for any mission to popup. Usually, I don't even have time to run all the way to the armor merchant before the mission starts, PvE and PvP.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Yeah, I usually try to go look at the armor sets or dye before the queue pops, but I always run up there and it pops every time haha.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I'm not sure what it is that you were or weren't doing but it doesn't take any longer than 5 minutes for me to wait for even a balanced PVE mission. I'd check to make sure you hadn't made a mistake or something.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• fluffybunifluffybuni Member Posts: 29

Personally I don't see what the "wait" is all about, PvP queues are usually quite short 1-4 minutes tops for me; low and med PvE should be fairly fast, depending on when you're playing though. If you look at the amount of people queued in a certain mission you can probably tell whether you have to wait or not.

Also careful about checking Only Balanced Teams box, because you don't particularly need balanced teams to win in PvE.

Give it another go, this game is a blast.

• madonvibesmadonvibes Member Posts: 30

I find that this game is basically Unreal with character development. I can just skip the monthly fee and play Unreal, which is way more fun =)

*shrug*

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by madonvibes

I find that this game is basically Unreal with character development. I can just skip the monthly fee and play Unreal, which is way more fun =)

*shrug*

You don't need to pay a monthly fee to experience character development.

The monthly fee will be for the Conquest maps and aren't required to enjoy the game.

• templarxtemplarx Member UncommonPosts: 181

Make sure you're not queing on EUROPEAN servers, if yes, you are going to wait forever. You have to queue on USA servers...sucks..but that's where everyone is qeueing.

But ultimately it would be nice to be able to do something with bots or solo or something while you wait for queues. This is only going to get worse as the population inevitably drops....and standing around in the dome is just blah, they might as well scrap the dome and give me a text based lobby . Then i can at least watch a movie while i wait.

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

3 to 5 mins is max i ever had to wait. What time of day are you playing?

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Not sure if someone else mentioned this, but please make sure you queue on the American 'server'. Check at the top-right of the mission screen.  

Nobody queues on the European/Pacific servers.You will NOT get in a mission of you queue on them.

Also, there is absolutely no noticeable latency on the American server. (I'm in the UK). On about 20ms usually.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn