Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Facebook Fans get another Bobble Head!

JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

"The Official Star Wars Galaxies™ Page More than 6,000 fans is quite an achievement. As a special thank you from the team for making our Facebook page so awesome, everyone will get their hands on a shiny C-3PO bobble head very soon (more details to come). This is definitely the droid that you are looking for."

Yes, the SWG Facebook Fans is over 25% of their active player base - While they fondle their second bobblehead, over 80k Facebook Fans await the SW-TOR.

Unaware of the Jestor?
http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

Comments

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Ehh, not news worthy.

Just leave SWG alone. let them cater to their 10k fans and hope for the best for those fans.

I'm an old disgruntled SWG player, but I've gotten over it by now ( I quit what 4 or 5 years ago?).  I would guesstimate that 85% of their player base is post NGE'ers, they all seem to have fun so let em have their fun without bashing their game. 

Myself and many others have done plenty of bashing in the past and anyone who knows anything about MMO's knows the story, basically it's time to brush the  bashing under the rug.

*Nugget*  Still hoping for a classic server or even a fresh (no transfer) new server with the current setup.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Mazin
    Ehh, not news worthy.
    Just leave SWG alone. let them cater to their 10k fans and hope for the best for those fans.
    I'm an old disgruntled SWG player, but I've gotten over it by now ( I quit what 4 or 5 years ago?).  I would guesstimate that 85% of their player base is post NGE'ers, they all seem to have fun so let em have their fun without bashing their game. 
    Myself and many others have done plenty of bashing in the past and anyone who knows anything about MMO's knows the story, basically it's time to brush the  bashing under the rug.

*Nugget*  Still hoping for a classic server or even a fresh (no transfer) new server with the current setup.

I am proud of you and please enjoy your New MMO but I give them a little more credit then 10k , would say about 20k.
    As Far as a Classic Server, that will never happen and as far as a fresh one , that could happen but I doubt it.

Unaware of the Jestor?

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Ehh, not news worthy.

Actually from my experience its more like 50-50 between pre nge players and nge players.

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640
    Originally posted by JestorRodo

I am proud of you and please enjoy your New MMO but I give them a little more credit then 10k , would say about 20k.

As Far as a Classic Server, that will never happen and as far as a fresh one , that could happen but I doubt it.

Not trying to trash on your post bro. 

I don't have a "New MMO", haven't for awhile now everything is shit lol.  And from crunching BadgerSmacker's numbers I would say SWG is closer to the 10k mark than they are to the 20k mark.  Don't forget there are still unbelievably quite a few folks who hold multiple accounts as well.

I don't have a "New MMO", haven't for awhile now everything is shit lol.  And from crunching BadgerSmacker's numbers I would say SWG is closer to the 10k mark than they are to the 20k mark.  Don't forget there are still unbelievably quite a few folks who hold multiple accounts as well.

Well , If My Good old Buddy BadgerSmackers says 10k then who am I to go around inflating it to 20k. The GCW was 8611 Last week - So Maybe you are right.

Unaware of the Jestor?

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by Jimmy562

Actually from my experience its more like 50-50 between pre nge players and nge players.

tuff to say, thier are alot that started 2007, but then again thier are still a few from 2005 and then the rare players like me from 2003.    Id say its 50/50 Elders.      Then break it down 20% 2003, 30% 2005, and 50% 2007 and on.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Well , If My Good old Buddy BadgerSmackers says 10k then who am I to go around inflating it to 20k. The GCW was 8611 Last week - So Maybe you are right.

Also, keep in mind that many more alts are likely making it in to the GCW officer ranks, including ents and crafters by way of those city invasions, or whatever they are called.

How many actual "people" are playing? It ain't 20k. Probably not even 10k.

That was clear as day during the last vet trial.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Also, keep in mind that many more alts are likely making it in to the GCW officer ranks, including ents and crafters by way of those city invasions, or whatever they are called.

i actually went back and tried it during the Vet free trial period.... nostalgic.. but..about all i can say is that it just reminded me of what it used to be, and can never be again.. SWG is truly in the past now, a footnote as it were, in MMO history - and probably will always be remembered as one of the biggest mistakes SOE ever made, though they do seem quite adept at that now don't they

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by BurntvetAlso

, keep in mind that many more alts are likely making it in to the GCW officer ranks, including ents and crafters by way of those city invasions, or whatever they are called.

Exactly!!! My best guess is less than 8k "people".

The Officer Salute is a much better indicator of the population than people give it credit for. In order to stay in it, you need to be "slightly" active in-game. It provides enough of a bonus (buffs) that PvEers and PvPers alike stay in it. The lowest you can fall after reaching an Officer rank is to 99.99% of the unlisted rank, making even ONE NPC kill list you the following week. Yeah, it's a helluva lot better indicator than people think.

Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by BurntvetAlso

, keep in mind that many more alts are likely making it in to the GCW officer ranks, including ents and crafters by way of those city invasions, or whatever they are called.

Exactly!!! My best guess is less than 8k "people".

The Officer Salute is a much better indicator of the population than people give it credit for. In order to stay in it, you need to be "slightly" active in-game. It provides enough of a bonus (buffs) that PvEers and PvPers alike stay in it. The lowest you can fall after reaching an Officer rank is to 99.99% of the unlisted rank, making even ONE NPC kill list you the following week. Yeah, it's a helluva lot better indicator than people think.

20k 10k 8k , it gets easier with ever passing day. Strange that us, abandon have seen this day from many days gone by but the masters of money and time have prevent the rest of you to see.... the truth.

Unaware of the Jestor?

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

GCW metrics are not a good way to estimate player population. Plenty of people don't give a flip about the current GCW system and are not faction officers.

Originally posted by djmtott

GCW metrics are not a good way to estimate player population. Plenty of people don't give a flip about the current GCW system and are not faction officers.

I'll bet you well over 75% of all the players ARE Officers - I think 80%+ is more likely. But you are correct...the current GCW is a pathetic joke that nobody "really" cares about. All they want are the buffs and trinkets.

I stand by my assertion that the GCW metrics of 8600 "Officers" is a very good indicator of the current population. Of those 8600, I'd bet 25-30% are multiple accounts/toons and 5% are listed on multiple servers. So like I said, I bet there are no more than 7500 current players.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Ehh, not news worthy.

Mine too, with the margin of error going to the vets. Most of the people I know in  game have been playing all along. Most of the new members of my guild have played on other servers. Read the forums you will see mostly vets. most new players don't stay long.

Now to be fair I hardly play anymore myself so this may have changed or may be changing.

I'll bet you well over 75% of all the players ARE Officers - I think 80%+ is more likely. But you are correct...the current GCW is a pathetic joke that nobody "really" cares about. All they want are the buffs and trinkets.

I stand by my assertion that the GCW metrics of 8600 "Officers" is a very good indicator of the current population. Of those 8600, I'd bet 25-30% are multiple accounts/toons and 5% are listed on multiple servers. So like I said, I bet there are no more than 7500 current players.

I would say most are NOT officers.

I would have no idea how many there are but I would say 8600 officers might translate into maybe 20K - 25K players. No idea really though.

I would say that most "highly active" players (play a few days a week) are officers but not most players.

Personally, I have ZERO officers. Never have. Even my officer class character is not an officer.

However just remember I am mostly there to watch how it all turns out in the long run.

Originally posted by Fishermage

I would say most are NOT officers.

I would have no idea how many there are but I would say 8600 officers might translate into maybe 20K - 25K players. No idea really though.

I would say that most "highly active" players (play a few days a week) are officers but not most players.

Personally, I have ZERO officers. Never have. Even my officer class character is not an officer.

However just remember I am mostly there to watch how it all turns out in the long run.

The last bit of "new content" made GCW stupidly easy to get. During the vet trial, I saw ents and traders moving up the GCW ranks, something that was exceedingly rare before. City invasions were/are base busts writ large.

During one day of the vet trial, I got 50k GCW in one day. One day. It was a joke. Shoot 10 STs, get 500 GCW and some stupid no trade tokens, doable many many times during the city invasions. Prior to that, GCW used to be relatively hard to come by, by way of restuss and PvP. 

That might have been the way it "used to be" with officers, but not any more. Just leaving yourself logged in dancing in a city invasion city will get you several k per day GCW, doing absolutely NOTHING.

And, as a side note, if you had an acct that was not given a vet trial, all you had to do was send a mail in and they validated your acct for it. The acct I tried it on has not been active since 2005. Still haven't paid SOE in a long while.

• ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210

What is this post trying to say?

Other than troll bait that is?

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Originally posted by Chuckanar

In a nutshell it's saying that this game sucks and it's a big fat piece of "We told you so pie" served up by Jestor, and I really don't have a problem with it at all neither should anyone who currently plays SWG.  I don't feel as strongly about the whole SWG debacle but I think this post makes it obvious many players are still smarting some over the way we were treated and I think they have as much a right to post about that as do the people who want to post positively.

I don't know if you are a current SWG player or not but a post like this shouldn't be taken personally by a SWG player there is no malice shown towards those willing to play the game still as usual with Jestor it goes directly to those braniacs at SOE, firmly where it belongs.

On another note gang even if we could say this game has 50k players that is a sad state for a game that at one time was so beloved and that carries the Star Wars ip, just sad.....

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

Originally posted by jaxsundane

Originally posted by Chuckanar

In a nutshell it's saying that this game sucks and it's a big fat piece of "We told you so pie" served up by Jestor, and I really don't have a problem with it at all neither should anyone who currently plays SWG.  I don't feel as strongly about the whole SWG debacle but I think this post makes it obvious many players are still smarting some over the way we were treated and I think they have as much a right to post about that as do the people who want to post positively.

I don't know if you are a current SWG player or not but a post like this shouldn't be taken personally by a SWG player there is no malice shown towards those willing to play the game still as usual with Jestor it goes directly to those braniacs at SOE, firmly where it belongs.

On another note gang even if we could say this game has 50k players that is a sad state for a game that at one time was so beloved and that carries the Star Wars ip, just sad.....

/hi5!!!

Great reply and I completely agree! I encourage people to speak up about how they feel about SWG. Maybe some of us are wrong, maybe some playstyle we haven't tried thrives with halos, fairy wings and transgender matchmaking events. Maybe flying pink Ewoks with purple hearts and zombies really do scream "STAR WARS" more than stormtroopers to some...that's what makes this forum so great...we have ALL opinions posted here!

My opinions are not personal - they are simply MY opinions based on my experiences.

Originally posted by FishermageI

would say most are NOT officers.

I would simply reply that you are mistaken. MOST accounts have an Officer. I have no doubt about it. If you truthfully never did, fine. That doesn't make it the norm. This is, after-all, a game based on Star Wars where shooting Rebels and Stormtroopers is the basis. Even pilots have to kill factioned NPCs...by the time you finish Legacy, you are well into your ranks by default.

I would simply reply that you are mistaken. MOST accounts have an Officer. I have no doubt about it. If you truthfully never did, fine. That doesn't make it the norm. This is, after-all, a game based on Star Wars where shooting Rebels and Stormtroopers is the basis. Even pilots have to kill factioned NPCs...by the time you finish Legacy, you are well into your ranks by default.

Well, in my guild which has over a hundred people, I would say maybe 10% are officers. Most players I know have nothing to do with the GCW. That's the way it has been since they knocked every Colonel down to private. We are a noob-friendly guild, but most of our members are elders.

I know the supposed basis of the game is the GCW, but SOE destroyed that basis and I haven't seen that basis return. I would say most players have nothing to do with it.

kiling animals and criminals is the basis for the game -- not the GCW. I wish it were otherwise but it isn't.

Since I haven't seen any stats I have to go by my experience in game and my guild (and what I see on the boards when I read them).

You may be right but nothing you said convinces me of that.

Well, in my guild which has over a hundred people, I would say maybe 10% are officers. Most players I know have nothing to do with the GCW. That's the way it has been since they knocked every Colonel down to private. We are a noob-friendly guild, but most of our members are elders.

I know the supposed basis of the game is the GCW, but SOE destroyed that basis and I haven't seen that basis return. I would say most players have nothing to do with it.

kiling animals and criminals is the basis for the game -- not the GCW. I wish it were otherwise but it isn't.

Since I haven't seen any stats I have to go by my experience in game and my guild (and what I see on the boards when I read them).

And the one friend I have that is still playing has 100% of guild as officers. Including traders and ents. You can stand dancing in a building, in the invasion cities, apparently, and get the "reward" of GCW points and tokens (whatever those are good for) for doing ABSOLUTLEY nothing. AFK play has been running wild in this game for a long time, but now you can get GCW AFK. Nice SOE.

That is how easy it is to become an officer.

The numbers now are much, much higher in all likelyhood, because of this "new content".

And the one friend I have that is still playing has 100% of guild as officers. Including traders and ents. You can stand dancing in a building, in the invasion cities, apparently, and get the "reward" of GCW points and tokens (whatever those are good for) for doing ABSOLUTLEY nothing. AFK play has been running wild in this game for a long time, but now you can get GCW AFK. Nice SOE.

The numbers now are much, much higher in all likelyhood, because of this "new content".

Got a link showing they are much, much higher? I can't find any trend graphs or anything like that on it. I'd appreciate some help here :)

As I said I am going by personal experience -- and I guess you are too in bringing up your friend's guild. I'm just looking for the truth here as always. I do not think our community is served by bad info.

Thanks in advance!

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Seems like so much time has passed since the first day of NGE.  If they only changed a few things here and there to make it more bareable.  Ah but they didn't, and never will.  More bobble heads and posters and silly lame trinkets to put in your house.  A great game with potential pissed away.

Got a link showing they are much, much higher? I can't find any trend graphs or anything like that on it. I'd appreciate some help here :)

As I said I am going by personal experience -- and I guess you are too in bringing up your friend's guild. I'm just looking for the truth here as always. I do not think our community is served by bad info.

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps I should have been more clear. I meant as a percentage, the numbers are much higher. Which is frankly a no brainer, No one can deny that GCW points are stupidly easy to get now, and have become easily attatinable even when AFK. This is just another example of SOE kicking in another giveaway to the current, mostly post NGE playerbase who complain that "Things are too hhhhaaaaarrrrddddd." and resent anyone else getting any reward or advantage (GCW buffs / vehicles, whatever), even if those other people had to put in the time to get it.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder, and there are damn few facts available, because SOE wants to keep the lid on the real number of paying accts, to obscure their non-success. It would be easier to get a better idea if SOE ever released the sub numbers, but they don't, and even if they did, SOE has cooked the books in the past, citing Station pass number as active sub numbers, even when it was not the case.

But, a few facts to think about: 1. GCW points are now easier to get than ever before, because of city invasion content. 2. This will lead directly to more officers, especially among the non-combat toons, as there is non-combat GCW point generating content especially for them. 3. People can up to 8 toons per acct, and many people play toons on multiple servers, and can/do have multiplt officers on the same acct. 4. For these reasons the number of officers has become a worse indicator of player accts, as more officers are going into the mix, but the number of actual live players is still probably  declining, by virtue of the fact that more and more servers are going dead, which they are.

In the end, no one except SOE really knows, and there is no way to "prove" anything, and it is all largely irrelevant in the face of continuing server declines.

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps I should have been more clear. I meant as a percentage, the numbers are much higher. Which is frankly a no brainer, No one can deny that GCW points are stupidly easy to get now, and have become easily attatinable even when AFK. This is just another example of SOE kicking in another giveaway to the current, mostly post NGE playerbase who complain that "Things are too hhhhaaaaarrrrddddd." and resent anyone else getting any reward or advantage (GCW buffs / vehicles, whatever), even if those other people had to put in the time to get it.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder, and there are damn few facts available, because SOE wants to keep the lid on the real number of paying accts, to obscure their non-success. It would be easier to get a better idea if SOE ever released the sub numbers, but they don't, and even if they did, SOE has cooked the books in the past, citing Station pass number as active sub numbers, even when it was not the case.

But, a few facts to think about: 1. GCW points are now easier to get than ever before, because of city invasion content. 2. This will lead directly to more officers, especially among the non-combat toons, as there is non-combat GCW point generating content especially for them. 3. People can up to 8 toons per acct, and many people play toons on multiple servers, and can/do have multiplt officers on the same acct. 4. For these reasons the number of officers has become a worse indicator of player accts, as more officers are going into the mix, but the number of actual live players is still probably  declining, by virtue of the fact that more and more servers are going dead, which they are.

In the end, no one except SOE really knows, and there is no way to "prove" anything, and it is all largely irrelevant in the face of continuing server declines.

Ah, okay, I have hardly any disagreement with this :)