Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how is pvp in this game

galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

game has nice graphics and i heard there are 5 races and 9 classes which is many. seems promising

please tell me this game has pk friendly system with pvp death penalty. 

Playing: Rohan
Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

Comments

• asciiriderasciirider Member UncommonPosts: 16

Actually the PvP system is totally, well I can't describe it without resorting to vulgarities.

Unles syou're in a safe area such as a city you can PK, or be PK'd anywhere.

There seems to be no level restrictions so a level 25 player can go PK a level 10. Also, if you're not in PK mode you can STILL be attacked. By the time you realize it.. .go to hit the PK on icon and try to target the person attacling you... oops you're already dead.

I'm curently level 18 in game, have around 400 HP and I've bene one hit killed by players. Pretty unbalanced as I can fight 10 mobs of my level without having to stop to heal.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

thx for reply. i figured out already that death penalty is pretty harsh, decent amount of exp loss

this is a game for me, where true badasses are born (either as villains or heroes) 

Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by asciirider

Actually the PvP system is totally, well I can't describe it without resorting to vulgarities.

Unles syou're in a safe area such as a city you can PK, or be PK'd anywhere.
    There seems to be no level restrictions so a level 25 player can go PK a level 10. Also, if you're not in PK mode you can STILL be attacked. By the time you realize it.. .go to hit the PK on icon and try to target the person attacling you... oops you're already dead.

I'm curently level 18 in game, have around 400 HP and I've bene one hit killed by players. Pretty unbalanced as I can fight 10 mobs of my level without having to stop to heal.

sounds cool. oldskool all the way :)

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• asciiriderasciirider Member UncommonPosts: 16

Well, like I said there's no PK off option other than you not attacking people.. you can be PK'd at any time once you hit level 10 and not in a safe area.

Quite a few have complained about the system. .if it's a ranged class attacking you, you won't even see them come up behind you until it's too late... and seems you lose 2X more exp for that han you do for a mob killing you.

I can't see poeple playing the game if it keeps up.. you go to do a quest.. and actually lose more than you gain due to idiots lying i nwait.. usually in groups to PK ppl for fun.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

the success of Darkfall means there are a lot of people in need of hardcore pvp, so i on the other hand can see people playing Karos. Heck, even Everquest is still pretty popular.

I dont need weak minded community anyways. If some carebear prefers safe game, let him stay there. 

• IsisphIsisph Member Posts: 11

PvP features strongly in Karos Online, and is very tightly linked to the social and economic system of the game. Players who enjoy PvP can choose from a variety of experiences, all rich with opportunities to show off their skills and write their own histories in-game.

* Guild alliances and rivalries : In Karos Online, every guild leader can register other guilds as either allies or enemies. All members of the guild can then immediately recognize these players as friends or foes, and decide to help them or kill them on sight when they meet in the world of Asmara. Expect the game of alliances and rivalries to be intense and political!

* Mine takeovers : The precious mines where players dig for the magical energy Fletta become vulnerable to takeovers once each week, and guilds can fight over them in massive PvP battles. The victorious guild earns the privilege to control the Fletta resources of the region, and decides when the next takeover will be (within a timeframe of 4 to 7 days).

* Castle sieges : After commercial launch, regular castle siege battles are planned in Karos Online, allowing hundreds of players to experience truly epic warfare!

• Neat graphic, unbalanced characters, Massive PK. High lvl people are laying in wait just to find low lvls and PK them. It is hard to lvl since you lose XP getting killed and you get PK'ed 11-30 times a day, Quests are hard to do because of PK.

I tried it for a week, got to lvl 30, got PKéd many times a day. All my friends left because of PK, and seems the majority left so they reduced the servers from 3 to 2 because of lack of players.

Lvl 40+ chars are not many, as I read it on Karos forum they are max 20, and skills are bugged so as a healer it is hard to heal, if you survive that long since clerics are easy to kill and get PK´ed first.

If you are into PK and like to do it constantly and constantly getting PK´ed then this game is for you, otherwise Ill advice to stay away.

It will soon be a history game because of lack of players.

Ill give it 3/10

• kitch08kitch08 Member Posts: 2

the pk system works: once u go over lvl 11 u can pk and b pk'd, when u get pk'd with +MoralValue u lose exp, if u get pk'd while having a -MoralValue(gained from pking) u lose random items/armor/weaps/money and exp. Yes higher lvl players do farm flettapoints(gd thing to add bonus stats to player) from lower lvl players, but unlike what seth said it isn't11-30 times a day if u get pkd once in a day ur unlucky, u can avoid being pk'd by teleporting away, being in parties with guild members gives safety and being on channel 2 which rarely has pkrs on due to less ppl to kill on that chnl.

Sure the classes are unbalanced but that is going to addressed and also the classes are unbalanced because they should work to support each other e.g. cleric buffs and heals players, sorceress debuffs enemies, blader tanks and smashes, archer supports from range, rogues sneak up and attack fast. I believe the game has good potential in the future but having played since the start of this year i've had loads of fun but grinding is a big part of the game and also the updates atm aren't addressing the games player numbers.

I would give the pk system a 6/10 because it's fun but does hurt players who don't want to fight others yet.

The i would give a 9/10 because with a good guild it's fun, it's expanding nicely and has lots of future potential e.g. castle seiges being introduced when it ends beta.

•  Sure Kitch...

Let people try it, they will uninstall the game after a week. Also check the forum to see 10-15 people active at most, that tells it all.

• kitch08kitch08 Member Posts: 2

i've been playing since start of this year and still having fun, u just seem to be one of the people who whines in the forum seth, if u don't like the style of play etc go play some other game... also as many times the GO's have said: it's still open beta and they are updating glitches more often than before.

I still recommend the game even though numbers aren't amazing in the game, it's a fun, social game. ^^

Crusix

• Thanks for the replay.

I wasted 3 weeks on this game, and tbh wont ever return to it for several reasons. Unbalanced, bugs, slow work on the game, unbalanced PvP, no customization of the characters, and much more. It is a low budget game mate and I disliked it.

Personally I am working 40-60 hrs a week in Medical business, and I like to relax with a game when I have 30m- 1hr break, or free, which one rarely have. When a 8yrs lvl 40 come and repeaditly kill your lvl 15 char, OR  character of same lvl can kill your with 1 blow then it is not a game I am looking for.

Wheening? for what, a game? I rarely have time to take a game seriously mate.

I am saying that people should read Karos forums before downloading the game, It gives a perfect view of the population, spirit and the age of the community.

There are so many free games out there which are a lot better, which is my point.

Karos is nothing less that a underpopulated low-budget game that will soon die.

But if it makes you happy  sure then ...great game.

• suizendosuizendo Member UncommonPosts: 67

I personally like a game where the PvP / PK system is totally open.

I dont want my hand held, i like my virtual worlds brutal, dangerous, and full of surprises. Makes for better play experience.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

how did i miss this tread so your telling me this is actually a massive game just like aika

crap !have to download again !

ho!well its worth it since aiak went awall!

global aika wont be up for awhile might stay here if massive pvp is good!

changing dungeon is actually a nice touch too in fact!

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

I've been waiting for this game to finally come out. Looking at the website now, the classes, open dungeons, and pvp, this game looks like Lineage 2. 

I'm downloading the game now. Can't wait to try it out.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Originally posted by Arezon

I've been waiting for this game to finally come out. Looking at the website now, the classes, open dungeons, and pvp, this game looks like Lineage 2. 

I get the same impression, sounds like fun.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

it would have been nice (maybe)but the fact i cant remove or deactivate the acid trip look!some told me its the BLOOM that does that!whatever it is i cant play for more then little at a time so its a nono  no mather how good this game is

this team look speady tho because i couldnt log in early in the day because of gameguard error

not long after they restarted the server(might be luck lol)we ll see.

the idea they have put out so far sound nice if they can add a function to deactivate bloom or whatever give it the dreamy

acid trip look we ll be ably to trully test the feature in it !so far i couldnt go further then lvl 12 i had had a major headacke

(a first  for me!)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Arezon

I linked the PvP with L2 myself as well. THough there's no "red" PK flag, PKing will have a side effect indeed:

Player-killing in Karos Online is guided by a Moral Value system. If you kill players, your Moral Value Score (shown on your character bar) will decline. If you engage in PK a lot, your MV score might fall to a point where you start incurring penalties: town guards will attack you on sight, your access to shops is restricted, you may drop items when killed and earn less experience. However, killing monsters and players of low Moral Value will increase your MV score and remove these penalties.

Where ASCIIrider complains about an unbalanced system, I see a system that will even itself out through time, much like it did on the L2 servers. The game yells server politics from all sides ;)

The only problem I see is that PK button. Why the hell did they add this feature to an open world  PvP game where both servers are PvP servers? Adding this to PvE servers and make the the player with PK turned off invulnorable I can understand it, but as it is now..? I think it's kinda lame. You should ALWAYS be allowed to defend yourself, even if your PK flag is off. Or even better, remove the button completely from the game...

Oh, as old L2 player, I'm giving Karos a try as well ;)