Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is going to be individual about GW2 and what it is going to need

HochmeisterHochmeister Member Posts: 70

GW 2 has alot in it . The most individual for me is the Races wich some are not too human like and not too weird that u can't relate 2 them. and then ext would be the mix of tanks guns helicopters( i only saw helicopter on concept art) charr see tanks or ships( again only saw on concept art) and the Asura high-tech  is something new and it only seems to share these things with only one other big MMO. Final fantasy! Its great F2P but kind of P2P style

what it needs: GW2 need flight (not commfermed if there is or not going to be flight) less colourfull rpetetive combat. And maybe a changeable story line like SWTOR. And to leave NCsofts crap customer support.

Comments

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

It has been confirmed that there will be no flight for players in GW2. They decided to go underwater instead. But perhaps their new engine supports it, so it can be added later?  Also story will be a big focus in GW2. There should be many different story-archs to follow through the game, but very little have been said on how this will play out in game.

• Dave3216Dave3216 Member Posts: 133

Will the Hall of Heroes make a return? Best PvP experience i have had yet.

• HochmeisterHochmeister Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by Leonona

It has been confirmed that there will be no flight for players in GW2. They decided to go underwater instead. But perhaps their new engine supports it, so it can be added later?  Also story will be a big focus in GW2. There should be many different story-archs to follow through the game, but very little have been said on how this will play out in game.

Thanks, GW2 looks like it is gona be a huge succes. Just to get people to know about it now is AreaNets next problem.

I have done some research on the other big upcoming games. None of them are at the scale that GW2 is at

but people don't know about this game that well. But people know alot about SWTOR because it is made by BioWare

it is star wars and it is a new Star wars game. People know about Final fantasy 14 because it is Final fantasy and it is the newest one.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Originally posted by Hochmeister

Thanks, GW2 looks like it is gona be a huge succes. Just to get people to know about it now is AreaNets next problem.

I have done some research on the other big upcoming games. None of them are at the scale that GW2 is at

but people don't know about this game that well. But people know alot about SWTOR because it is made by BioWare

it is star wars and it is a new Star wars game. People know about Final fantasy 14 because it is Final fantasy and it is the newest one.

These days, I think it might be better to have less info on a MMO, and less hype.  It seems like every game that gets hyped too much doesn't do too well.  People's expectations become way too high, and they are disappointed in the end.  When I first started playing MMOs with almost no knowledge of the game, it was fun.  These days they have so many videos and shit floating around, and you know so much about the game before release.  It kind of ruins the surprises you may encounter in the game. You could not watch the vids, or read, but I don't have the self control to do that =D.

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

They didnt say they wont add flight but they said that you cant fly.Like in aion with wings. Thats a big difference.

These days, I think it might be better to have less info on a MMO, and less hype.  It seems like every game that gets hyped too much doesn't do too well.  People's expectations become way too high, and they are disappointed in the end.  When I first started playing MMOs with almost no knowledge of the game, it was fun.  These days they have so many videos and shit floating around, and you know so much about the game before release.  It kind of ruins the surprises you may encounter in the game. You could not watch the vids, or read, but I don't have the self control to do that =D.

Hmm i get what ya mean. I like Lore and stuff but knowing about a game 3 years before release or 4 years. And u already know evrey detail in a damn Area u really want to play it and it drives you crazy. You crave more info But it is just repeats of what u know so all u have to do now is wait for the game to be released. wich is boring. So games should only let people know that the game is there maybe 3 months before release not 3 years.

Hmm i get what ya mean. I like Lore and stuff but knowing about a game 3 years before release or 4 years. And u already know evrey detail in a damn Area u really want to play it and it drives you crazy. You crave more info But it is just repeats of what u know so all u have to do now is wait for the game to be released. wich is boring. So games should only let people know that the game is there maybe 3 months before release not 3 years.

I agree,almsot all mmorpgs except free mmorpgs is always announced years before it is released and that drives me crazy. I get bored in the first 6 months,but  GW2 has kept me in hype for years..but now it get really boring,cant wait.Knowing it is about 6 months left til it released..yeah you know..damn.

Originally posted by SweetZoid

They didnt say they wont add flight but they said that you cant fly.Like in aion with wings. Thats a big difference.

. Yh and these guys are crafty. u have to read the fine prints.

for example "Yh we will have your mum in this game" is alot diffirent from "your mum is a very good and more or less great option we will take on for this game" Quote number 2 doesn't say they will. It sais they will consider it. 

Back to the flight thing. After seeing some of the concept art Flight is proberbly going to be in it. That or they were just tricking us with the Heli

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Originally posted by SweetZoid

Don't u mean that there will be NO flight like in Aion. Yh and these guys are crafty. u have to read the fine prints.

for example "Yh we will have your mum in this game" is alot diffirent from "your mum is a very good and more or less great option we will take on for this game" Quote number 2 doesn't say they will. It sais they will consider it. 

Back to the flight thing. After seeing some of the concept art Flight is proberbly going to be in it. That or they were just tricking us with the Heli

http://www.guildwars.com/aion/

Q: Will Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2TM feature flight capabilities?

A: No, flight is not a featured character capability in Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2.

I think flight will be in it but not controled flight. Proberbly traveling flight. again i think tanks might be a Ally NPC not a actual 

controlable thing

File:GDC 2010 charrtankfront.pngFile:GDC 2010 vehicleinwater.jpgFile:GDC 2010 woodconstruct.pngFile:GDC 2010 aerialvehicles.pngFile:GDC 2010 helicopter.jpg

• BannneBannne Member Posts: 244

Originally posted by bleyzwun

True dat! seriously i think the hype for swtor is really setting up BioWare for a shock. Will swtor be a failure,nope i can't see it because bioware have a loyal fanhbase but it will not be all it's cracked up to be. As of now not many people are taking notice  of GW2 because they are not aware that GW2 is not GW1,it's a true mmorpg more akin to WOW-eq mode.

They can keep the hype, for hype is the killer.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I'm just happy with Guild Wars 2's quest system. It makes for a far more interesting and random gameplay type relative to real-world situations.

Originally posted by Lydon

I'm just happy with Guild Wars 2's quest system. It makes for a far more interesting and random gameplay type relative to real-world situations.

me 2. GW2 rules why can't the game be released sooner. As they say the later the better or the later the better quality that or i just made that up accidently

SWOTR hype is only because people have made them selve to believe it is great because they are loyal star wars fans and addicts. They have over blown the diffirent story lines and the evrey character has a diffirent voice thing other than that SWTOR has nothing. 

GW 2 traits

1) Weather not just in certain places like in SWTOR

2) night and day cycle

3) destructible environment

4) Unique quest system that makes things happen as u walk by and do not always come up. Accepting it may affect the future of what is going to happen to u and not accepting it does thisame

5) great detail that matches and even beats SWTOR to me

6) 3 races that have never bean in fantasy before (we are sick of elves and dwarves)

7) Mix of Future and past technology (it shares this trait with Final fantasy 14)

8) lots of story arches( shares this with alot of games)

9) NO SUB FEES

10) A mentoring system that lets higher lvls help  lower lvls fight at thisame skill and level up faster.

11) crafting system(not sur if SWTOR has one)

SWTOR traits

1) Unique character voices

2) lots of story arches (shares this with a lot of games)

3) lots of planets

4) Popularity

5) never done before star wars MMO set in the time before the movies

6) (Not sure if SWTOR has crafting system)

Who do u think is making the better MMO so far now?

http://www.guildwars.com/aion/

Q: Will Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2TM feature flight capabilities?

A: No, flight is not a featured character capability in Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2.

read the fine print. It sais it is not a Character capability. It does not say machines can't fly with people in them.

• TrihfluTrihflu Member Posts: 97

They've said there isn't going to be flight.  They've hinted that there might be more dynamic story lines.   No comment on the costumer support.

Oh and don't compare GW2 and SWToR.  Don't ask me why, it just makes me angry.

This statement is false.

LETS STOP TALKING ABOUT FLIGHT NOW!

lets talk about the destructible environment

and mentoring system.

WHO KNEW U COULD CLIMB TREES IN GW2?

WHO KNEW OTHER RACES OTHER THAN THE 5 WE KNOW WILL BE ADDED BUT NOT IN INTIAL RELEASE

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2/FAQ

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

and mentoring system.

WHO KNEW OTHER RACES OTHER THAN THE 5 WE KNOW WILL BE ADDED BUT NOT IN INTIAL RELEASE

Nice link, thanks :)

Destructible environment sounds interesting, although I'm wondering what the use will be, and also whether it will be realistic or sort of 'comical' (i.e. if you hit some rocks or a tree and they kind of crumble/ disintrigate or if you realistically chop down a tree). Will it perhaps tie in with crafting? (e.g. chopping down a tree for wood)

Originally posted by dubledub

Destructible environment sounds interesting, although I'm wondering what the use will be, and also whether it will be realistic or sort of 'comical' (i.e. if you hit some rocks or a tree and they kind of crumble/ disintrigate or if you realistically chop down a tree). Will it perhaps tie in with crafting? (e.g. chopping down a tree for wood)

That crafting u said is cool. Chopping down trees would be awesome. I think they might actualy put that in so you can make your own armour from the trees(wood planks) u cut and from metal(metal for armour) u mined. I think u could also make your own weapons. That would be awesome. I hate having to find materials and get money. I prefer reaching a certain lvl in that crafting so i don't waste money. The destructible environment might be comical because this is the first time Anet have tried it but then again alot of the things are first time and in the vids they look cool. Does any one have any more ideas on what crafting, Destructible, enviro and climbing trees might be like. Any ideas for what kind of  additional races they might make?

for the races they might put in expansions to GW2 inital release.  i think amphibious race might be good. naga or a completley new ,fish like one

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

and mentoring system.

Wow. That sounds VERY cool.

One of the things I loved about Vanguard is chopping down trees. :)  I loved that the TREE actually came down and crashed to the ground.  As a matter of fact....I liked all of their harvesting system.  The rocks would crumble when you mined, and then you would "pick out" the ore....etc.

Hmmm. For the first time I actually feel like looking up information on GW2. So far it's managed to stay off my radar. Guess I might want to look again. :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by girlgeek

and mentoring system.

Wow. That sounds VERY cool.

One of the things I loved about Vanguard is chopping down trees. :)  I loved that the TREE actually came down and crashed to the ground.  As a matter of fact....I liked all of their harvesting system.  The rocks would crumble when you mined, and then you would "pick out" the ore....etc.

Hmmm. For the first time I actually feel like looking up information on GW2. So far it's managed to stay off my radar. Guess I might want to look again. :)

I love Vanguard,best Pve game that you can possible find atm :) You could mine on stone mobs,cut walkign tree mobs and Reap plant mobs. That was very cool :)

• ContrasterContraster Member Posts: 11

I think GW2 is great game I'am  new to this hole thing. I wonder if  crafting may be able to build things like camps.I don't think thatwill be in it. Making clothes (not armour) I'am hoping is also in the game but again slim chance.

Destructible enviro might be not only for crafting but also for movement and quests.example 1) Like imagine bolder is in your way you just blow it up and there u go. U need to  cross a gorge so u chop down tree and walk across on that tree. example 2) Some villagers are having trouble with pirates.U go to pirates stolen hut house and u burn it  to the ground with a torch like in pictures below. I think Pirates will be in it because I saw the concept art.File:PirateMan3 concept art.jpg

File:GDC 2010 weaponset2.png

File:GDC 2010 weaponset1.png

Johnny

Contraster those are some great ideas u got there. Sorry i stole your avatar except diffirent character. I think ArenaNet should come to this forum and take a few ideas. by the way. By the way  Cambridge sucks Oxford rules Contraster >:D