Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online Users Repeatedly Overbilled: Don't give Mythic CC/Debit Card info, ever!

Slashdot

"A screw-up in EA's Warhammer Online billing system has resulted in many players being charged upwards of 22 times for a one-month subscription, filling bank accounts with overdraft fees and the Warhammer forums with very angry players, who are discussing the issue quite vocally. EA has said that refunds are in progress and that '[they] anticipate that once the charges have been reversed, any fees that have been incurred should be refunded as well.' They haven't specifically promised to refund overdraft charges, only to ask customers' banks to refund them once the actual charges are refunded. They seem to be assuming banks will have no problem with this."

Here's the billing thread on the support forums: Link

People have been billed anywhere between 5 and 50(!) times! Some people are out over $2000! And it's still happening a day after they said they took care of it! And the worst thing of it is, this is not the first time they waffled this up either.

I highly recommend to not EVER give Mythic your debit/credit card info. This is beyond sad. If you want to sub/stay subbed, use time cards, but save yourself this headache. Even cancelled/closed accounts have been affected.

Comments

• faefrostfaefrost Member Posts: 199

I don't think 'Mythic" has had anything to do with billing since the DAoC days. They are a wholly owned subsidiary of EA now, who is the games publisher and operator. Mythic is mearly the developer. So it's EA's billing service that you need to be wary of.

Which really should be raising alarm bells regarding SW:TOR

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by faefrost

I don't think 'Mythic" has had anything to do with billing since the DAoC days. They are a wholly owned subsidiary of EA now, who is the games publisher and operator. Mythic is mearly the developer. So it's EA's billing service that you need to be wary of.

Or another third party company. Regardless, Mythic doesn't operate the billing system in place for WAR, but there has already been a thread and the topic discussed on here.

• yayitsandyyayitsandy Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by jm3334

Originally posted by ANDRIOD

This very well maybe the death of Warhammer Online. lol

TROLL!

How is that trolling ?  I quite like Warhammer but its plain to me that people would think twice after whats happened recently with the billing . Good game but I would'nt want the hassle of trying to get my money back if this happened to me . It does'nt matter if its an mmo or another type of internet buisness this sort of thing is always bad news . It will most likly kill Warhammer .

• gszebegszebe Member UncommonPosts: 214

I know that it's always fancy to start a new thread, but we already have two topics about this, here and here

Shit happens, but It's a dishearthening issue for sure, indeed...

• MmocountMmocount Member Posts: 194

Originally posted by gszebe

I know that it's always fancy to start a new thread, but we already have two topics about this, here and here

Shit happens, but It's a dishearthening issue for sure, indeed...

If it disturbs you this much feel free to see it as "Billing issues continued' , which it is basically.

This discussion has been closed.