Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars Fans Unite

kjames423kjames423 Member Posts: 47

Let's face it Guild Wars isn't the most talked about game in the world, and Guild Wars 2 is even less talked about. We need to get the word out there that GW2 is on it's way and it's packing a lot of firepower.

Just a few of the features in GW2:

-Unique playable races that haven't been introduced in any games except the Guild Wars trilogy (Norn, Asura, Charr, and Sylvari).

- No more of that constant instancing that GW1 had.

- An interactive world with crafting, underwater exploration, destructible structures, and, yes, jumping.

-Free to play. Most people shun this feature but it is what makes GW one of those games you can keep going back to.

- Time of day depth.

You may say what's so special about all that stuff loads of games have that. These things are what brought down GW1, so the dev team at arena net listened to suggestions to improve the game. All we need to do now is get the word out. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that played GW1 and quit because of what it lacked and the main point for GW2 is improvement.

All we have to do is get the word out. Just talk about the game and ask people what they think about the improvements, and if they haven't heard of it inform them. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks we need to get the word out and those few people who do read this may think I'm an idiot for trying, but I'm going to do my best to support the game i love.

Past: Can never go back to Wow.
Present: Nothing interesting out.
Future: Looking forward to GW2.

Comments

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

They need to release big advertisement on television and in newspaper and in stores in all countries. I hope i can se a GW2 ad on tv in sweden,would be so awesome! : )

• kjames423kjames423 Member Posts: 47

I know. Everyone has seen the Mr. T commercials for WoW and all of the ads on websites. But the lack of advertising is probably due in part to the f2p aspect. Some may argue that ads may increase profits but arenanet probly doesn't have the kind of money to risk that since NCsoft isn't play as much a role in GW2 as it did in GW1. So i say it's our job to inform people :)

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

That is a good idea. I am behind this crusade!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I complained they weren't marketing/introducting GW2 enough on GW2guru but the response we got was  "we will when the time is right". My guess like always they will market heavy 6 months before release, like always the last minute. ArenaNet is awesome but their marketing philosphy isn't so hot.

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I complained they weren't marketing/introducting GW2 enough on GW2guru but the response we got was  "we will when the time is right". My guess like always they will market heavy 6 months before release, like always the last minute. ArenaNet is awesome but their marketing philosphy isn't so hot.

Yeah i agree. I don't think i've ever seen even an old commercial/advertisement for GW1. Hope they do something for GW2. They added a lot of demanded features and people should know that it isn't like GW1 in some aspects.

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

I think there is great interest in this game, Arenanet is just sitting rather tight on info. If release is still a year away thats probably for the best. Since development of new content for GW1 was abandoned, GW has become a niche game. The game has its hardcore fans and many fans in slumber waiting for more info before getting excited.

But if you read some of the other threads it seems like people don't even know the stuff that's already been released. They keep complaining about how GW1 was instanced and such.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Don't use F2P. It has such a bad ring to it. Use B2P which is short of "Buy to play". Much better.

Also you must stress that there will be instancing. Less, yes, but missions, PvP, WvW are all done in separate zones.

And unless you mention that the crafting will be a minor feature, many people will get disappointed.

We don't want to make enemies don't we?

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

I prefer to wait until a preview before making a fan campaign for the game. It's much better to explain the game and then say "come play and see it".

And saying it's "free to play" will actually be worse. Asian grinding or pay to win (item malls) stereotypes that have been glued to the word aside, there is actually an entry cost equal to every other non-MMO retail game out there.

I'm anxious to see what else they are going to put into the game. It's said to release late 2010 but it's probly on valve time so i'm guessing 2011 tbh.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

The word will get out there and people will say "oh it's turned into WoW" ect ect... basically once people can buy the game and start playing, the word of what it's really like will spread.

As for right now.. I don't think the problem is that they aren't advertising it enough... I think the problem is they announced it WAY too early. I mean the game wont come out untill next year.. they should have announced it at this year's E3. Not like 2 years ago. I think that was a bit of a mistake on their part. And for me personally it made me stop playing Guild Wars since I knew they were coming out with something better and putting their attention there. I loved Guild Wars though and Guild Wars 2 sounds even better.

I was excited for GW2 about two years ago.. but it's since died off.. I'll get excited again closer to it's release.

• HochmeisterHochmeister Member Posts: 70

ArenaNet is anoyying because they mite have just made the best MMO But they do not want to advertise it. they want to be in the dark corner of the room. When this game is released only a few hundred people i think that didn't play GW1 will play GW2 because no one outside the GW1 universe knows about the game. ArenaNet isn't poor. games like Heroes of Telera are coming out of no where and are getting so compliments about somethings that are in GW2 and people only realise it something that only HOT has and they are getting acclaim for this while GW2 sits in the shadows with thisame and more things to offer. SWTOR is nothing on GW2 but alot of people know about it and think it is the best MMO since WoW. When GW2 has more in it and is the best MMO ever. Thisame with FF, APB, Earthrise, black prophecy, TSW and the list goes on. The only people that know how much better GW2 is than all these games that are getting acclaim because they are advertising and making lots of vids  is the people who played GW1 and a few people who accidently clicked on GW2 on the gamelist and desided to read on. ARENANET wakeup if u don't let people know your there GW2 will fail. Arenanet will be gone. people that enjoyed all your games will be dissapointed and angry.  >:(

Evreybody HYPE GW2 10 because thats how much it means to us