Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Mythic Announces the "BLAAAGHER" Invasion

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Mythic has announced that well, since they love their blogging community so much, they would invite the four most active WAR bloggers (Gaarawarr from Gaarawarr Gabs, Werit from Werit’s Blog, ShadowWAR from Shadow-WAR and Mykiel from the P-O-D-C-A-S-T! ) out to the studio for a special trip this week on April 8th and 9th.

The four bloggers will have the opportunity to sit down with the WAR dev team and grill them on any aspect of the upcoming 1.3.5 patch, as well as general WAR issues.

The benefit for us mortal players not making the trip is the fact we'll be able to submit questions via Twitter to any of the aforementioned bloggers, which may then be answered by the developers in a special blog post to appear on their sites. Be sure to follow the WARHerald Twitter and look for the call for questions sometime after 2PM this Thursday.

The four bloggers' Twitter accounts are below:

Gaarawarr - http://twitter.com/Gaarawarr

Werit - http://twitter.com/werit

Shadow-WAR - http://twitter.com/ShadowWAR

Mykiel - http://twitter.com/MykielWAR

View the original announcement here.

[Thanks Christopher8 for the tip!]

Comments

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

For a second there, i thought they announced an exspansion, ah well.. :)

edited for some spelling.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Sounds a little like an "Advisory Council" to me. I guess Mythic's grown tired of dealing directly with what little player base they have left.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• gszebegszebe Member UncommonPosts: 214

Originally posted by LordDraekon

Sounds a little like an "Advisory Council" to me. I guess Mythic's grown tired of dealing directly with what little player base they have left.

I guess you have no idea about the player base.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Originally posted by gszebe

Well, by all means, o sage one, do enlighten this poor pilgrim. Down to 4 servers and eliminating content to try to give PvPers more targets. This does not speak of a burgeoning population. There appear to be two groups - the freeloaders running the unlimited trial over and over and the holdouts who are, for the most part higher levels in guilds running the same content over and over.

I came back recently after dropping this thing like a hot potato after release. What am I missing?

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• UtopiUtopi Member Posts: 61

Most people don't realize how HUGE this patch is for Mythic... ...  80% of the playerbase left because of End Game Content and because the citys were Instanced.   Now they developed HUGE ORVR cities and (Attempt to make end-game UBER.  We shall see about it and I am part of the Guild testing so I shall post about it.)  and there has been ALOT of class balancing going down in this patch with some good tidbits like the dyes.  

So YES why not have 4 of the best bloggers get a Sneak Peak to boost some PR.

Well, by all means, o sage one, do enlighten this poor pilgrim. Down to 4 servers and eliminating content to try to give PvPers more targets. This does not speak of a burgeoning population. There appear to be two groups - the freeloaders running the unlimited trial over and over and the holdouts who are, for the most part higer levels in guilds running the same content over and over.

Well, at least I can finish guessworking; you have apparently no idea about the player base :)

• UtopiUtopi Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by etlar

There will be an expansion soon and the GoA dev's even confirmed it.

http://forums.war-europe.com/warhammeronline/board/message?board.id=generaldiscussionEN&thread.id=14972&page=1

P.S.S.  I BET they will announce an expansion in June (The Gamer Convention in june, forgot the name.) and Release on the 2 year mark like EVERY MMOrpg has done.  It's always the 2 year mark for the first expansion and this would be the second.

• shr4pnelshr4pnel Member UncommonPosts: 99

Thsoe are the only WAR bloggers left. Not surprised.

• shr4pnelshr4pnel Member UncommonPosts: 99

I have only this to say -- from 60+ servers down to 4!

I think that means the game is growing in terms of number of subs/playerbase, right?

Originally posted by shr4pnel

I think that means the game is growing in terms of number of subs/playerbase, right?

Yeah, the game is growing in terms of subs, you are right. Nowish (in the last couple of months), and not compared to the state of  game's release date, of course.

You can be as selective in "facts" as you wish, and I can be as well; it's mere rethoric.

You would be definitely surprised by how many active WAR blogs are existing. But blatant assertions ftw, ofc...

• JorikuzaJorikuza Member Posts: 46

Don't know why people say it's on life support, if it is, why is it still spewing out news?

I mean, games like AC, Vanguard: SOH and AO are on life support, I haven't seen a single announcement about them for quite some time.

"I went to the store to buy a candle holder. They were out, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg

• Christopher8Christopher8 Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by Jorikuza

Don't know why people say it's on life support, if it is, why is it still spewing out news?

I mean, games like AC, Vanguard: SOH and AO are on life support, I haven't seen a single announcement about them for quite some time.

Eh.... I will wait for a few more facts before I believe that. Sure there is no doubt they have an idea about an expansion(s) that is obvious, but is one in the works...? Then again it would make since to announce a xpac before War 40k MMO is set to debut.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by Utopi

Originally posted by etlar

There will be an expansion soon and the GoA dev's even confirmed it.

http://forums.war-europe.com/warhammeronline/board/message?board.id=generaldiscussionEN&thread.id=14972&page=1

P.S.S.  I BET they will announce an expansion in June (The Gamer Convention in june, forgot the name.) and Release on the 2 year mark like EVERY MMOrpg has done.  It's always the 2 year mark for the first expansion and this would be the second.

Ahh yeah, read that one, and if anyone can give this game some much needed depth or "rpg" feeling, its certainly bioware :)

• GreenLanternFanGreenLanternFan Member Posts: 374

Yeah, the game is growing in terms of subs, you are right. Nowish (in the last couple of months), and not compared to the state of  game's release date, of course.

You can be as selective in "facts" as you wish, and I can be as well; it's mere rethoric.

You would be definitely surprised by how many active WAR blogs are existing. But blatant assertions ftw, ofc...

Not that you'd admit it if you did, but I'll ask anyway. Do you work for Mythic? I can't think of any other reason for such combativeness in your replies.

The truth is, I left shortly before the end of last year partly due to the fact that I was tired of watching everyone I played with head for the exit and even more tired of transferring to a new server after the one I was playing on was slated to close. This happened multiple times, not just once. It's also really hard to play a game focused around RvR when there is barely anyone left to RvR with.

To act like people are fools for thinking that this game is a mere shade of what it once was shows a bit of ignorance on your part. If the game is in fact 'growing'. I think I'll wait til they start adding a few more servers before I jump back into the mix.

Your fail comment, failed.

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

I think what's really amazing here is the WAR still has four people who blog about it!

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• storm-dragonstorm-dragon Member Posts: 157

Well, by all means, o sage one, do enlighten this poor pilgrim. Down to 4 servers and eliminating content to try to give PvPers more targets. This does not speak of a burgeoning population. There appear to be two groups - the freeloaders running the unlimited trial over and over and the holdouts who are, for the most part higer levels in guilds running the same content over and over.

Well, at least I can finish guessworking; you have apparently no idea about the player base :)

i do know the player base.

It is 99.9% endless trial players, fours servers still have abysmal numbers, most rational people are betting two servers by Christmas , the PVE game has been raped had it's throat slit and has been left to bleed out as have most PQ's, because Mythic is still listening to the same six counter strike kids that got them into this mess, and from talking to a very good friend who works for GW in Nottingham, GW is trying with all of their might to get the IP away from Mythic, anyone who went to last year’s GT in Baltimore heard the exact same thing, GW is embarrassed over how EA has destroyed one of the single most promising IP's out there.

[mod edit]

This sword here at my side dont act the way it should
    Keeps calling me its master, but I feel like its slave
    Hauling me faster and faster to an early, early grave
    And it howls! it howls like hell!

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

Originally posted by storm-dragon

It is 99.9% endless trial players, fours servers still have abysmal numbers, most rational people are betting two servers by Christmas , the PVE game has been raped had it's throat slit and has been left to bleed out as have most PQ's, because Mythic is still listening to the same six counter strike kids that got them into this mess, and from talking to a very good friend who works for GW in Nottingham, GW is trying with all of their might to get the IP away from Mythic, anyone who went to last year’s GT in Baltimore heard the exact same thing, GW is embarrassed over how EA has destroyed one of the single most promising IP's out there. Only a complete idiot would think that WAR is nothing but a monumental failure.

i'm guessing a lot are trials but i wouldn't be surprised if the subs surpassed that of CO and STO together still.... just a shame in 2008 they were talking about an expansion to WAR as well as an engine update.. and everythings went downhill since..... sigh... fantastic fantasy setting.

hopefully THQ does a lot better in Warhammer 40,000 (i really hope so, because that is my favourite sci fi setting)

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• storm-dragonstorm-dragon Member Posts: 157

Originally posted by describable

i'm guessing a lot are trials but i wouldn't be surprised if the subs surpassed that of CO and STO together still.... just a shame in 2008 they were talking about an expansion to WAR as well as an engine update.. and everythings went downhill since..... sigh... fantastic fantasy setting.

hopefully THQ does a lot better in Warhammer 40,000 (i really hope so, because that is my favourite sci fi setting)

I have a lot of faith in THQ, but apparently after being burned by Mythic and EA GW is a lot more cautious, they have doubled the size of their  Electronic Licensing dept and added a shit tons of thou shall not or we have the right to pull the IP immediately caveats in their contracts....they didn't do this with Mythic, and now they are trying to pry away  the mess that was made.

This sword here at my side dont act the way it should
    Keeps calling me its master, but I feel like its slave
    Hauling me faster and faster to an early, early grave
    And it howls! it howls like hell!

• Lo-KiLo-Ki Member UncommonPosts: 98

It is 99.9% endless trial players, fours servers still have abysmal numbers, most rational people are betting two servers by Christmas , the PVE game has been raped had it's throat slit and has been left to bleed out as have most PQ's, because Mythic is still listening to the same six counter strike kids that got them into this mess, and from talking to a very good friend who works for GW in Nottingham, GW is trying with all of their might to get the IP away from Mythic, anyone who went to last year’s GT in Baltimore heard the exact same thing, GW is embarrassed over how EA has destroyed one of the single most promising IP's out there. Only a complete idiot would think that WAR is nothing but a monumental failure.

I have played the miniature wargames Warhammer and Warhammer 40K religiously for over 15 years.  When I heard a MMO was being made I was stoked.  When I heard Mythic had it I admit I was stoked as well, because I was a big fan of DAoC when it was first released.  Now...I should've listened to my gut instinct and stayed away from this because look what Mythic did to DAoC over the years.  First impressions mean a lot for the MMO player base and gamers in general.  And WAR failed that miserably.  That's no opinion mind you, that's common knowledge posted over and over on numerous sites since the day it was released.  (I couldn't even log in for more than 2 minutes for the first 3 weeks, the server would always end up being unresponsive once the world loaded.)

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288

meh... forget WAR - it's like  everyone from Daoc moved to WoW despite the superior RvR system, so they figured all they needed to do is make a game more cartoon-ish, idiot-proof, and gear-dependent and that would get them more subs.

Go back to daoc, upgrade the graphics engine to cryengine 2 or something, revert back to old frontiers, promote a new expansion, and get back to what you were before EA bought you out. crossfingers.gif

I want some damn 300 vs 300 vs 300 sieges again, not what I'm forced to settle for with Aion ><

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Originally posted by versulas

meh... forget WAR - it's like  everyone from Daoc moved to WoW despite the superior RvR system, so they figured all they needed to do is make a game more cartoon-ish, idiot-proof, and gear-dependent and that would get them more subs.

Go back to daoc, upgrade the graphics engine to cryengine 2 or something, revert back to old frontiers, promote a new expansion, and get back to what you were before EA bought you out. crossfingers.gif

I want some damn 300 vs 300 vs 300 sieges again, not what I'm forced to settle for with Aion ><

To me its not the graphics. Its the outdated movement system. Well, also the DPS has gone crazy. DAoC went to crap well before EA happened. ToA and the massive increase in DPS brought about by that and other expansions just ruined the game for anyone not in a dedicated 8 man. Its like they stopped listening to the majority(the silent ones paying the subscription), and listened to the whining 8 mans on VN.

• JormungaandJormungaand Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Utopi

Most people don't realize how HUGE this patch is for Mythic... ...  80% of the playerbase left because of End Game Content and because the citys were Instanced.   Now they developed HUGE ORVR cities and (Attempt to make end-game UBER.  We shall see about it and I am part of the Guild testing so I shall post about it.)  and there has been ALOT of class balancing going down in this patch with some good tidbits like the dyes.  

So YES why not have 4 of the best bloggers get a Sneak Peak to boost some PR.

Is there any actual information out on the city changes? The only thing that has been officially said is that they will be more RvR oriented.

But either way, the latest series of patches have killed oRvR. And they still need to address how every T4 lake besides Praag is a waste of space. Hell, the Dwarf/Greenskin pairing won't even be touched unless no other options remain. Did hear that forts will most likely make a reappearance with relics, but who knows when that will happen, and how that will actually work.

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

Oh God, enough already, Mythic.

GIve us what we want: DAoC 2.

Originally posted by MrcdesOwnr

Not that you'd admit it if you did, but I'll ask anyway. Do you work for Mythic? I can't think of any other reason for such combativeness in your replies.

The truth is, I left shortly before the end of last year partly due to the fact that I was tired of watching everyone I played with head for the exit and even more tired of transferring to a new server after the one I was playing on was slated to close. This happened multiple times, not just once. It's also really hard to play a game focused around RvR when there is barely anyone left to RvR with.

To act like people are fools for thinking that this game is a mere shade of what it once was shows a bit of ignorance on your part. If the game is in fact 'growing'. I think I'll wait til they start adding a few more servers before I jump back into the mix.

Oh, so boring: "sure", I'm a fanboi, and I work for Mythic at the same time, what else? Lol... pathetic. May I ask: do you work for a competitor? 

It is obvious that ONLY naysayers and self-appointed and so-called "critics" can have right for a "valid" OPINION, everyone else is supposed to work for Mythic... Again: pathetic.

You know, to act like people are fools and/ or purposive liars for thinking that this game is not that bad as YOU think shows a bit (?) of ignorance on *your* part.

• GreenLanternFanGreenLanternFan Member Posts: 374

Originally posted by MrcdesOwnr

Oh, so boring: "sure", I'm a fanboi, and I work for Mythic at the same time, what else? Lol... pathetic. May I ask: do you work for a competitor? 

It is obvious that ONLY naysayers and self-appointed and so-called "critics" can have right for a "valid" OPINION, everyone else is supposed to work for Mythic... Again: pathetic.

You know, to act like people are fools and/ or purposive liars for thinking that this game is not that bad as YOU think shows a bit (?) of ignorance on *your* part.

And now you're twisting my post into something it was not, in true fanboi fashion, because you have no intelligent way to debate your point. The facts are there for anyone who can see things from an honest perspective, without delusions of grandeur in regards to this game.

I'd go on, but I don't enjoy wasting my time.

Your fail comment, failed.