Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the deal? You guys playing the game?

Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

I was told the Xsyon was releasing today.

If so anyone want to show off some screenies of the UI, maybe some shots of combat for us?

Anyone wanna give some feed back?

Playing: Rift, LotRO
Waiting on: GW2, BP

Comments

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

we are waiting for the patcher to come online. and the first 200 people to get in thats all thats being allowed today

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

200 hundred people are not being allowed in.

about 20 or 25 are

I dont know where this rumor started...

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Virtus

about 20 or 25 are

Will those people be under any type of NDA, or will they be free to post text and videos that give people a glimpse of the actual game?

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Virtus has the master list )P

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

Originally posted by Rohn

about 20 or 25 are

Will those people be under any type of NDA, or will they be free to post text and videos that give people a glimpse of the actual game?

No NDA

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Rohn

about 20 or 25 are

No NDA

Outstanding!  Thanks.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Anxiously awaiting that video. Very excited to see if this game is the real deal.

Once I see some video (provided it isn't as unfinished and bugged as MO, which I doubt a dev group would make that mistake again) I will most likely pre order the same day.

• bartillobartillo Member UncommonPosts: 190

well i was just told in IRC apparently they are going to release a screenshot of the GUI here in a bit so testers know how to work everything then they are gonna start letting people in.

Originally posted by Plutonicwoes

Anxiously awaiting that video. Very excited to see if this game is the real deal.

Once I see some video (provided it isn't as unfinished and bugged as MO, which I doubt a dev group would make that mistake again) I will most likely pre order the same day.

all mmos in BETA have bugs no mmos is perfect at release

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Originally posted by downtoearth

Yes but there is a big difference between a product with some bugs, a product that is in beta, a product that just entered beta, a alpha product, and then something that can barely be called alpha.

To me... Darkfall is a beta product and Mortal Online would be a good candidate for an alpha product. Im curious to see where Xsyon comes in.

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

Yes but there is a big difference between a product with some bugs, a product that is in beta, a product that just entered beta, a alpha product, and then something that can barely be called alpha.

To me... Darkfall is a beta product and Mortal Online would be a good candidate for an alpha product. Im curious to see where Xsyon comes in.

Mo actuly works ok with out the dysync. im hearing tera is running into the same issue now. there usign the same atlas and engine as mortal online

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

So... Noone is playing yet?

Oh well link something when you do.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

It's in beta, so bugs are to be expected. Players should even expect bugs at release, but they should also expect a certain amount of polish and bug free play.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

From what we've seen so far?

Storyboard.

• AzurealAzureal Member UncommonPosts: 235

Originally posted by osmunda

Storyboard.

Youre saying Xsyon is in a state worse than MO? Based on the 3 or so videos that have been released so far? Heh.

PAST: UO-SWG-DAOC-WOW-DDO-VG-AOC-WAR-FE-DFO-LOTRO-RIFT-GW2
    PRESENT: Nothing
    FUTURE: ESO

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by Azureal

Originally posted by osmunda

Storyboard.

Youre saying Xsyon is in a state worse than MO? Based on the 3 or so videos that have been released so far? Heh.

As of the time I posted there was the character creation video and a series of illustrations and images.

storyboard-"Storyboards are graphic organizers such as a series of illustrations or images displayed in sequence for the purpose of pre-visualizing a motion picture, animation, motion graphic or interactive media sequence, including website interactivity."   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storyboard

"From what we've seen so far" is the critical phrase.

• SofiaSofia Member Posts: 20

I bet no one is playing still. I bet there are more excuses as to why they are not letting people in.

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276

I think you both need to check out the videos Ive made. Ive made over 12.

Post here if you want to see something in a video and I will do my best to get it in a video/screen shot.

-MrDDT

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262

Originally posted by MrDDT

I think you both need to check out the videos Ive made. Ive made over 12.

Post here if you want to see something in a video and I will do my best to get it in a video/screen shot.

The videos that show the game consists of punching people, cutting down trees and jumping?  Or the video of the extensively ugly character clothing? 

• KalefenKalefen Member Posts: 57

I can't wait to see how much money they made off people who pre-ordered.  On their forums if you even mentioned the game had no videos you'd get locked deleted - even had one developer get on and type something like, "there are countless threads with this type of talk on it!!!!! We are deleting...etc etc..."

I feel sorry for the folks who got their hopes up - I don't even look at the forums anymore - it's such obvious scam. Those videos - my god seriously? But, that's another story.

• Rev2k7Rev2k7 Member Posts: 15

why do you guys fall for these fail ass indie crap sandbox mmorpgs? You guys losing all your money tisk tisk. Darkfall was one like this Not my kinda shit but w/e. Thne i hear ever1 bitching about another failbox game called mortal online they again want ur moneys to get in beta game i hear people bitchign all fucking day. Now you guys are like zomg xsyon guys its not failbox. Now everyone bitching at xsyon beign fail. STOP WITH CRAPBOXES = problem solved.

• VypreVypre Member Posts: 180

heh. the themepark community is really not please with xsyon. 

Striving for Silver Stars since Gold is so effeminate.

• Rev2k7Rev2k7 Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Vypre

heh. the themepark community is really not please with xsyon. 

Well i dont like these kinda games i was asking sandbox guys why do they keep flocking to all these sandboxes game for them only to die.

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Darkfall is the best of the bunch, nothing else is really even playable. Of Mortal Online, Xsyon, and Dawntide, I have my money on Dawntide, with Xsyon really close behind...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• OaksteadOakstead Member Posts: 455

Originally posted by Rev2k7

why do you guys fall for these fail ass indie crap sandbox mmorpgs? You guys losing all your money tisk tisk. Darkfall was one like this Not my kinda shit but w/e. Thne i hear ever1 bitching about another failbox game called mortal online they again want ur moneys to get in beta game i hear people bitchign all fucking day. Now you guys are like zomg xsyon guys its not failbox. Now everyone bitching at xsyon beign fail. STOP WITH CRAPBOXES = problem solved.

We are waiting for one that will not be a crapbox. We will know more about Xsyon shortly. Xyson has only been in phased open beta for less than a week and already it is being compared against games that have been out far longer.

Theme park games are boring, not really social, not really competitive, not really player driven, not really innovative.

Theme park games are all the same, now made by short term profit seeking companies with no vision of what could be. Indie games are where all the new gaming ideas are being experimented with. Most will fail but some will succeed. If you want to be on the cutting edge of gaming you will be interested in indie games. If you are a follow-the-flock type then you will stick to the tried and true theme park games.