Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: 1.3.5 Brings Improved Dyes, 100% RvR Driven Cities

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Warhammer Online Producer Carrie Gouskos outlines a number of changes coming to WAR in version 1.3.5 in her latest producer's letter. In the letter, Carrie describes the new and improved armor dyes that will be part of 1.3.5 and even provides some screenshots depicting the dramatic changes. Carrie also mentions that Marauders will be receiving "true dual wield" in 1.3.5 and teases the "100%" RvR Driven" city experience which will also be part of the update.

Additional details on update 1.3.5 can be found by perusing the Dev Discussion section of the official WAR forums, where you'll discover that Bright Wizards and Sorcerers will be on the receivng end of some major nerfs, as well as discussion on Weapon DPS contribution in 1.3.5.

Read the March Producer's Letter here.

Comments

• d3x73rd3x73r Member Posts: 4

It shouldn't be a big deal, but I always thought it was silly that you could buy two dyes (say a yellow and a brown) and they would appear to be the same color on your armor.  As for the bright wizard and sorceress nerfing...about time.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

New dyes lookin' sexy. I don't understand why all MMOs don't have a dye system.

• d3x73rd3x73r Member Posts: 4

no joke, I agree with that.  SWG not only let you dye composite armor on the fly, but you could also dye your vehicles.  I think more MMOs really should consider a dye system.  Take WoW as an example, until you get set peices, all of your stuff looks different in shape and color.  At least if you could make a uniformed color scheme, it wouldn't look so silly.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Finally.... good heavens finally.... I think the corrupt dyes was one of the first things i reported and one of the things that drowe me nuts about the game. 

Good to see it fixed...

Been out of the loop for too far to comment on anythingelse

This have been a good conversation

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

It would have been nice if they provided some info on the City Siege changes.

New dyes are great, no doubt about that. However, instead of reading about the next round of band-aid fixes and the trail of breadcrumbs that lead to them I would much rather have received some pertinent information on the changes being made to the actual endgame.

The Producers Letter always seems to leave alot to be desired, imho.

• Christopher8Christopher8 Member Posts: 134

Good job Mythic, now can you please start addressing things such as Pet AI, Balance, Content, and T4 end game?

Terrible, terrible producer's letter.

• storm-dragonstorm-dragon Member Posts: 157

Yay WAR is now ofiicially Quake with swords!

went back a few days ago all the PQ's are pretty much gone 90% of the quest that were there are either goneor non-functional...I guess this weeks producer is making good on her promise to make the game 100% PVP.

Stick a fork in it this one is done.

This sword here at my side dont act the way it should
    Keeps calling me its master, but I feel like its slave
    Hauling me faster and faster to an early, early grave
    And it howls! it howls like hell!

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

Originally posted by storm-dragon

Yay WAR is now ofiicially Quake with swords!

went back a few days ago all the PQ's are pretty much gone 90% of the quest that were there are either goneor non-functional...I guess this weeks producer is making good on her promise to make the game 100% PVP.

Stick a fork in it this one is done.

i played the trial (rather than resubscribe) to have a look... found out the first PQ for Empire was quest related... then proceeded to manage to bug out the encounter with the giant within 2 mins.

i laughed.

Needs a graphic overhaul (promised back in early 2009, they were looking at, because they had new versions of the engine in testing)

And an expansion.... and fix the stuff already there. seriously...

one of the best fantasy settings does not like being anally abused by Pathetic... i mean Mythic.

(*crosses fingers* for THQ's 40k mmo) 

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• yayitsandyyayitsandy Member Posts: 363

I have no problem with this game becoming Quake with swords as long as it does'nt have a monthly subscription fee like Quake . I think theres fun to be had in Warhammer just not 14.99 worth of fun a month . Heres hoping it will go free to play at some point as did DDO .

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Comnitus

Well, Guildwars had a nice system but most developers are lazy and like to dye the items themselves and use them as another armor or weapon. It costs a lot of money to make loads of new textures when you add some items, it is easier and cheaper to just repaint some old ones.

Take EQ2, I think most sets exist in at least 5 colors with different names, levels and stats.

This is one of the things WAR did good on.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by yayitsandy

I have no problem with this game becoming Quake with swords as long as it does'nt have a monthly subscription fee like Quake . I think theres fun to be had in Warhammer just not 14.99 worth of fun a month . Heres hoping it will go free to play at some point as did DDO .

The difference is that DDO is PvE. A PvP based F2P games is no easy thing, if you sells anything that upsets the balance you will lose a lot of subs fast.

Selling cosmetic stuffs like dyes, housing and other stuff works fine. You could even sell races and classes that you add later as long as they are balanced with everything else. But as soon as you start to sell items with stats or anything else that gives a great advantage in combat you will have a big problem.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I enjoyed WAR overall for the first few months but the imbalances between the Chaos and Order sides were too much. I used to play Order of course and while I grumbled somewhat, I took it in stride assuming things would be fixed. Overall they weren't, at least not quickly enough for me.

I was truly shocked when I read this article. They are touting the fact that they have 'improved dyes'? Thats THE big fix? I just don't see how something like that can be stated as anything other than icing on the cake and in this case it seems it's the whole party, presents and all... Kind of sad IMO.

• CurraCurra Member UncommonPosts: 34

Umm. Good idea "changing dyes" when your game is "dying"  2 yearsub. done. gone!

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by Comnitus

Not everyone likes the concept of coloring armor and clothes.  It can easily make a game look worse if the system isn't done right. 

• gszebegszebe Member UncommonPosts: 214

Yay, it's fantastic that we can (t)roll again through all the Producer's Letter though we've already done it: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/274195

So, my personal opinion is the same:

"I think there is a difference between an "update letter" as a genre and a letter "gives updates on the progress since the last letter". An "update letter" should cover every tidbit and give a deep insight into the process, while a letter which "gives updates on the progress" can be as selective as the author wants it to be.

On the other hand, I can agree that she should have given SOME details about patch 1.3.5's really important parts, such as the City Siege Revamp.

(And, feel free to cast stones at me, but I like the new armor dyes; it's apparently not as important as other gameplay changing things, but anyway - I want my toons to look great :) )"

• YearightYearight Member Posts: 17

OMG, can't wait for enhanced dyes...

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Yearight

OMG, can't wait for enhanced dyes...

SURE to save the game. Watch all the old players resub!

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• warpriest812warpriest812 Member UncommonPosts: 58

I have been impressed with the recent patches. WAR is getting better and better.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

I'm more disturbed by bad and outdated graphics (of course not only). All characters (especially choppa) move like the ate broom for breakfast. Elves ... just bad. Terrible lag in scenarios. etc etc. Until they fix this ... im not sure will return. So far I'm happy with wow, aoc and co. There everything is animated very naturally.

And there is problem they can not influence a lot, for pvp game you need a lot of players online. Unless they would opt for solution as co, with only 1 server, but instancing. Only when instance is adequately filled new one open. No servers to be merged.

• gszebegszebe Member UncommonPosts: 214

Originally posted by pre_mar

I'm more disturbed by bad and outdated graphics (of course not only). All characters (especially choppa) move like the ate broom for breakfast. Elves ... just bad. Terrible lag in scenarios. etc etc. Until they fix this ... im not sure will return. So far I'm happy with wow, aoc and co. There everything is animated very naturally.

I suppose you've not played the game lately. In Ooh, shiny! settings on a moderate rig, graph is far from outdated, and lag is from acceptable to none in SCs. (Character moves and stuff like that are depends on personal tastes; for example, I have plenty of Elven chars, and I'm happy with them design-wise, but it's me, anyway.)

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Originally posted by gszebe

Originally posted by pre_mar

I suppose you've not played the game lately. In Ooh, shiny! settings on a moderate rig, graph is far from outdated, and lag is from acceptable to none in SCs. (Character moves and stuff like that are depends on personal tastes; for example, I have plenty of Elven chars, and I'm happy with them design-wise, but it's me, anyway.)

Last played about half year ago.