Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Trial Problem

YuberekYuberek Member Posts: 205

I decided to give the trial a shot but it seems everything I try does not work. I have a SWGClient_r error and the game crashes after clicking play. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Originally posted by Yuberek

I decided to give the trial a shot but it seems everything I try does not work. I have a SWGClient_r error and the game crashes after clicking play. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I haven't played the game in a long time so I really can't help you there accept to ask if you tried the swg forums too, not sure you can post the question but I think you should be able to look it up and read atleast the faq there.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• YuberekYuberek Member Posts: 205

Yea, I did and different people found different solutions. None of those worked for me :(

• beartoebeartoe Member Posts: 62

if you'r running vista - you need to run swg as admin.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by beartoe

image If thats not it, can you give us some more info about your system? Also have you tried reinstaling?

Originally posted by spookydom

Originally posted by beartoe

image If thats not it, can you give us some more info about your system? Also have you tried reinstaling?

Thanks for the replies guys! Yes I am running SWG as admin. It still does not work. Specs:

Vista 32bits

3gigs RAM

QuadCore 2.40

I have re-installed the game 4 times. Still not working :( 

• DeltorDeltor Member Posts: 47

In the launcher, before you start the game, go to game settings and change the vertex shader option from auto to either 1.0 or 2.0. Try both. The auto gives me the same problem.

Hope it works!

----
    Games Tried: TCOS, 12sky, 12Sky2, Rappelz, LoA, GO, HO, GMU, Warrock, TR, PWI, SotNW:GE, PotC, EVE, MxO, PotBS, KO, HO, 9Dragons, LotRO, DDO, L2, Maplestory, Second Life, CoX, GW, EQ2, Ryzom, WoW, Planetside, SWG, FE, Aion, Allods, CO, etc

Originally posted by Deltor

In the launcher, before you start the game, go to game settings and change the vertex shader option from auto to either 1.0 or 2.0. Try both. The auto gives me the same problem.

Hope it works!

Thanks for the tip but that did not work :(

I failed to mentioned that I have an NVIDIA 8800GT card in my specs. This is a waste of time :(

• KestinKestin Member UncommonPosts: 5

SWG is an old game but it's not the launcher that needs to be run in admin mode, it's the .exe of the actual game.  You also may need to run it in win XP compatability mode.  It is a six year old game after all.

-Kes