Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StarVault CEO to make announcment today regarding release/status

Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128

Lets see what happens, I bet another delay...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/39225-please-stand-short-update-regarding-our-release-status.html#post804750

CEO Henrik

Simply buying stocks in Star Vault doesn’t help us with funds, pretty much the opposite, each time a transaction in shares have been done, we pay a small amount for that...

To actually give money to the development you need to buy the game and game time that’s it.

And to answer the OP:

If we are to sign with a publisher we have to move from hardcore to much more casual, this is pretty much what every publisher been saying so far, this is to be able to cover the profit for the publisher and us. Now since we are the publisher we can make a good profit on a smaller audience, we also don’t have to compete as much with the other great casual mmos out there which needs a lot of different work than MO does.

Simply put, we would be forced to go more casual, get rid of things like full pvp full loot and a lot more quests for the people, and also compete with the rest which means we need a lot more dev time to cover that.

The way we run it now, we own the concept 100% and can follow our vision how we want as long as we have a decent audience to cover our costs and hopefully be able to have a steady grow similar to CCPs business model.

So it’s not as easy to just find a publisher to get more funds, we have had a huge interest in MO from many major publishers, the hard part is to find what works for both partners

Please stand by for a short update gerarding our release and status.

Comments

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

6th delay?  Wouldn't doubt it.  They do not have much experience with coding as they are unable to fix the server desync after 2 months of open beta, which is why they will probably delay.

• Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128

If they don't delay the game is doomed forsure, I hope they hold off for another few months

Originally posted by Evolution8

If they don't delay the game is doomed forsure, I hope they hold off for another few months

If they do release in a few days, the game will most likely die.  Not enough hardcore fans to keep it alive (according to the other thread I made that showed most people will not sub to the game if it releases this month)

Hardcore fans = people that ignore blatent bugs, hackers/exploiters and no content.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

6th delay?  Wouldn't doubt it.  They do not have much experience with coding as they are unable to fix the server desync after 2 months of open beta, which is why they will probably delay.

its actully better plus some of was epics network code

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I get one key thing out of the candid talk about finances, they are defintiely hurting for cash, can't find an angel to assist, don't want to partner with a publisher which would demand changes to fit a new, likely more casual vision.

I admire them wanting to hold their ground and press onwards, even though it might be a doomed effort.

And no, I won't slam them today for being unprofessional, or untalented at coding or whatever.  I'm sure making a MMORPG is quite the challenge and I admire them for actually getting this far.

Better than I could do for sure.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Hey guys could we please have a little more doom and gloom as I don't think you've quite got the message over yet?

On a more serious note I think since they're an independant operation and are doing their best they should be given a break. Yeah this game isn't going to be a LotRO launch no matter how far it gets pushed back, anyone can try it for free right now and make their own judgement. Everyone already agrees that it isn't ready for a launch right now, but if they've got to launch then they've got to launch. MO will just get slated and it'll be slaughtered by the press, I think we all know this. Right now I'd just like to hear what SV is doing, the doom and glooming is just flogging a dead horse right now until we get some better info about launch.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128

I really want to see MO become a great game also, but after months of reporting bugs and issues and still seeing very minor improvements with a whole lot more lag and bugs, I just can't do it anymore, I won't bash them either today, lets see what Henrik has to say

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

CEO Henrik

Simply put, we would be forced to go more casual, get rid of things like full pvp full loot and a lot more quests for the people, and also compete with the rest which means we need a lot more dev time to cover that.

[Mod Edit]

How about use your brains and create some more complex and deep mechanics allowing both play styles - causal and 'hardcore'?

It is only your own failed game design making the game shallow and backstabbing yourself at the end.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

If they do release in a few days, the game will most likely die.  Not enough hardcore fans to keep it alive (according to the other thread I made that showed most people will not sub to the game if it releases this month)

Hardcore fans = people that ignore blatent bugs, hackers/exploiters and no content.

I don't think that is true at all.I judge a game by it's structure,if it caters to what i like,bugs will in the end ALWAYS be fixed.On the other end if a game is designed so that i do not like it,it will NEVER be fixed unless they totally remake the entire game.I thoroughly enjoyed playing the EQ games back in the day and they had tons of bugs and still do to this day,but i liked the games.Vanguard had a lot of minor bugs but it was also a great game and i liked it.

Al lof these games had bugs but the ynever  stopped me from playing them,they bugs had very little effect on my game play.

I look at it with this analogy...

would you buy a Lambourgini that is bugged if offered for the same price as a Chevette?One might say why on earth woudl i want a car that is broken or bugged?Well it is VERY simple,one has a ton more potential,the Lambourghini can be fixed to be the best,the Chevette is NEVER going to be  a Lambourghini.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by Wizardry

I don't think that is true at all.I judge a game by it's structure,if it caters to what i like,bugs will in the end ALWAYS be fixed.On the other end if a game is designed so that i do not like it,it will NEVER be fixed unless they totally remake the entire game.I thoroughly enjoyed playing the EQ games back in the day and they had tons of bugs and still do to this day,but i liked the games.Vanguard had a lot of minor bugs but it was also a great game and i liked it.

Al lof these games had bugs but the ynever  stopped me from playing them,they bugs had very little effect on my game play.

would you buy a Lambourgini that is bugged if offered for the same price as a Chevette?One might say why on earth woudl i want a car that is broken or bugged?Well it is VERY simple,one has a ton more potential,the Lambourghini can be fixed to be the best,the Chevette is NEVER going to be  a Lambourghini.

That's a terrible analogy because you think that MO is the "Lamborghini" in this case. What makes a Lamborghini an amazing car isn't the fact it says "Lamborghini", but more to the point -- the people that actually MAKE the Lamborghini.

The better analogy would be is you have two cars, one has the body of a Lamborghini but the manufacturer has never made a car in his life, doesn't know how cars really work, but he likes cars so his dad gave him the money to make one. The other car is a Honda -- with Honda's engineers behind it. Sure, it's not fancy, and it gives you the same benefits as most other cars, but you can be rest assured that it will still work well and provide you good service well into the future, with little to no extra investment.

And since I value going to work, I'd take the Honda. It doesn't mean that people won't buy the Lamborghini type car made by somebody who doesn't know anything about cars but hey -- to each his own. But best of luck with THAT GUY staying in business.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Such analogy is totaly flawed.

Lamborghini manufacturer is a brand with long history and production background.

SV is mr. Nobody. Putting money into SV is like investing in privatae equity or similar venture opportunity.

The potential might be in the idea of the game but the hands holding it are something the investor needs to consider a lot - and SV did not show much skill in business nor in software development.

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by Agricola1

On a more serious note I think since they're an independant operation and are doing their best they should be given a break.

Dude "F" that.  No one should lower their standards just because some company is Indie.  Thats the dumbest crap ever.  Why would I tell myself that a crap game like Mortal Online right now, is ok, just because they are indie?  I have been around since block A and little has changed.  Content has been added yes, but as for fixes and stuff not much.  Lag since November basically, This bullcrap with theives hasn't changed at all. The book stuff is insultingly stupid.  I bet this game is unheard of by 2012.

Originally posted by dollada06

On a more serious note I think since they're an independant operation and are doing their best they should be given a break.

Dude "F" that.  No one should lower their standards just because some company is Indie.  Thats the dumbest crap ever.  Why would I tell myself that a crap game like Mortal Online right now, is ok, just because they are indie?  I have been around since block A and little has changed.  Content has been added yes, but as for fixes and stuff not much.  Lag since November basically, This bullcrap with theives hasn't changed at all. The book stuff is insultingly stupid.  I bet this game is unheard of by 2012.

Wow Doll.Adam... I am really surprised you said that!  I am glad your seeing the truth like I did. 

Did you get a refund for MO?

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Hey guys could we please have a little more doom and gloom as I don't think you've quite got the message over yet?

On a more serious note I think since they're an independant operation and are doing their best they should be given a break. Yeah this game isn't going to be a LotRO launch no matter how far it gets pushed back, anyone can try it for free right now and make their own judgement. Everyone already agrees that it isn't ready for a launch right now, but if they've got to launch then they've got to launch. MO will just get slated and it'll be slaughtered by the press, I think we all know this. Right now I'd just like to hear what SV is doing, the doom and glooming is just flogging a dead horse right now until we get some better info about launch.

The market isn't going to give them a break, why should we? Why should we not hold them up to the standards of everybody else?

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

No I wasn't able to, I tried and tried and tried.  Then I tried to give MO a second chance.  And a Third Chance--and just recently a fouth chance. The game is less than half of what Darkfall was when it was released.  Right now the concept of the game is run around with nothing to do leveling up for the sake of leveling up.  THere is nothing beyond that....oh wait--you can build a house and crap too but to no point and purpose.  Its essentially purgatory with terrain. 

No matter which way fanboys flip it or angle they look at this game it STILL is lacking any substance.  The idea that the game was supposed to be would be awesome.  But what the game has become is nothing short false advertising(Had they actually advertised--but they did say everything that it would have.) 

[Mod Edit]

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

ROFL!

Bugs will not awalys be fixed. SWG has been out for how long? And there are bugs from launch that break certain parts of the game and content. Other games have bugs for very long periods of time.

I, too, can live with bugs. Some of them can be game breaking and drive me from a game. Some are minor and easily workable.

But I was interested in trying MO but everywhere I look it reads a horror story. I can't find something positive about the game that isn't done better in another game so I won't even subject myself to the issues this game has.

Also, the CEO is hiding something if he is telling people to not buy the stock. A company makes capital by selling stock. They are literally selling ownership of itself to people to gain capital. Thats why people who buy stock are called investors. Also, the increase in volume traded generally increases the price of the stock, which is better for a company.

To not want people to buy stock means they either can no longer viably issue more stock or something else is going on internally thats directly related to money in a bad way for the game.

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

This game is not even in beta status. They just labeled like that and came with the idea of charging people to play it. I guess they are desperate and if the supporters don't give money to SV, we may have here a case of vaporware. They should update the FAQs and say there s no game release at this time. Even a 5yo kid can edit that. But they wont do that as they want to keep leeching money from supporters. Expext another delay, release date will be around Q3. I dont think they have the nerv to delay it for Q2.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by NightCloak

ROFL!

Bugs will not awalys be fixed. SWG has been out for how long? And there are bugs from launch that break certain parts of the game and content. Other games have bugs for very long periods of time.

I, too, can live with bugs. Some of them can be game breaking and drive me from a game. Some are minor and easily workable.

But I was interested in trying MO but everywhere I look it reads a horror story. I can't find something positive about the game that isn't done better in another game so I won't even subject myself to the issues this game has.

Also, the CEO is hiding something if he is telling people to not buy the stock. A company makes capital by selling stock. They are literally selling ownership of itself to people to gain capital. Thats why people who buy stock are called investors. Also, the increase in volume traded generally increases the price of the stock, which is better for a company.

To not want people to buy stock means they either can no longer viably issue more stock or something else is going on internally thats directly related to money in a bad way for the game.

The company doesn't make money if people buy stock, they only make money if the issue MORE stock.

That means either Henrik would have to give up some of his ownership to get capital, or the ownership would be dilluted.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

It's interesting to read the last statement that SV sent to the stockholders about 1 month ago.  When I run it through Google Translator it seems that the last paragraph tells the readers that :

"We chose to postpone the launch of the game a month, which led us to February 1, 2010 initiated the launch of Mortal Online. Since our game is being launched today, this implies that we can begin our monthly subscription, which allows us now to out regular income on a monthly basis. They start a month of Mortal Online can handle our requirements for Gold Status ".

So it looks like they really better start getting that monthly income rolling before the next report is due...         http://www.aktietorget.se/NewsItem.aspx?ID=53958&Language=2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

CEO Henrik

If we are to sign with a publisher we have to move from hardcore to much more casual, this is pretty much what every publisher been saying so far. . .

Which is why the dumbed-down, half-baked nautre of most of the cruise-control pvevp mmorpgs you folks are playing from AAA publishers following overly hyped advertising and marketing, are frought with mass exodus of player bases; these publishers are out for the near-term money grab.

As Aventurine pulled out from their nose-dive, I hope SV does as well.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

It's interesting to read the last statement that SV sent to the stockholders about 1 month ago.  When I run it through Google Translator it seems that the last paragraph tells the readers that :

"We chose to postpone the launch of the game a month, which led us to February 1, 2010 initiated the launch of Mortal Online. Since our game is being launched today, this implies that we can begin our monthly subscription, which allows us now to out regular income on a monthly basis. They start a month of Mortal Online can handle our requirements for Gold Status ".

So it looks like they really better start getting that monthly income rolling before the next report is due...         http://www.aktietorget.se/NewsItem.aspx?ID=53958&Language=2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

I noticed that when it came out, and posted on the official forums about it.  A few Sweeds pointed out that it's something to do with the language.  In Swedish it carries a dif. meaning; when translated it's translated as literal, but doesn't actually mean what it says.  Or something like that.  Basically google translates it literally, but in the context of the original language it's something else.

No I wasn't able to, I tried and tried and tried.  Then I tried to give MO a second chance.  And a Third Chance--and just recently a fouth chance. The game is less than half of what Darkfall was when it was released.  Right now the concept of the game is run around with nothing to do leveling up for the sake of leveling up.  THere is nothing beyond that....oh wait--you can build a house and crap too but to no point and purpose.  Its essentially purgatory with terrain. 

[Mod Edit]

There is a US law that says you can get a refund up to 1 year.  I believe its called "Claims and Defense" act or something like that.  I will PM Slapshot and tell him to post it here.

[Mod Edit]

There is a US law that says you can get a refund up to 1 year.  I believe its called "Claims and Defense" act or something like that.  I will PM Slapshot and tell him to post it here.

Here is a link to info from the Mortal Online forums:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/30129-refund.html#post663191

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

[Mod Edit]

What does he mean when he says:

"2. You must still have a balance on your card(can't have paid it to zero balance)"

Does that mean if you paid off the balance of the card months ago you can't get a refund?

[Mod Edit]

What does he mean when he says:

"2. You must still have a balance on your card(can't have paid it to zero balance)"

Does that mean if you paid off the balance of the card months ago you can't get a refund?

Correct.