Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i tried, still cant play, MO not ready to even be beta IMO.

phennexionphennexion Member Posts: 63

I bought the game a long time ago, noticed it was in open beta, so i redownloaded it,

Made a char, walked out of town with no idea how to kill anything, or gather resources, ganked.

I'm dead and the priest is like 2 miles away.

Whatever, make a new char, and im missing skills for some reason, cant rest or do anything,

makea  few new chars with random missing skills until i get one that works,

FINALLY after like 7 attempts at new characters, i got one i can play, so with some help of random players I kinda get an idea on how to play the game, and I go hunt some boars, and get the stuff , sell it and get the money

but as im tryin to deposit the money into my bank to keep it save, someone is stealingit from me adn the game is too bugged to let me drop the rest of it in the bank, i have to log in and log out just to put stuff in and out of the bank

UNPLAYABLE, Not newbie friendly, i dont care about gettin ganked, its the type of game it is, but theres a limit on just how unfriendly a game can be on a newbie before they will quit, and this is just ridiculous. I've played darkfall and been pwned in darkfall alot, but this game is pure stupid, when it comes to new player experience

It needs like another year of development and polishing.

Comments

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Game is going to be released at the end of this month as an alpha release because of the bugs and lack of content...   

PS - Make sure you get a refund from your credit card company before the game officially releases or your SOL.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

today i was killed by a mounted moron in full plate armor wile i was trying to tame a buffalo. yes, not ever a few weeks of beta and people are already so bored they are killing any naked nube they can find. 

So i rezzed at closest priest and then i walked 1 hour trying to find a single animal.

1 whole hour looking at horribly rendered green ground sliding under me......and not 1 animal.

nothing, just empty ground with some trees and rocks....oh yea and a river.  whoho!

This brings me to this question: what is the point of this game?

With no quests, extremely empty world, full loot, full pvp, very simple crafting this game will turn into a moronic gank fest where full armored band of veterans will be camping priests/choke points/gathering places/horse spawns/etc.  all over the place. you name it and there will be one or more ,bored out of their mind, ganker looking for anything to swing his weappon at.

have fun guys.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

With no quests, extremely empty world, full loot, full pvp, very simple crafting this game will turn into a moronic gank fest where full armored band of veterans will be camping priests/choke points/gathering places/horse spawns/etc.  all over the place. you name it and there will be one or more ,bored out of their mind, ganker looking for anything to swing his weappon at.

Welcome to PVP MMOs.

I agree with you. I love PVP, but I also am wise enough to understand you cannot build a PVE game around PVP.

You cannot have one without the other AND expect to charge a subscription fee.

Some of the greatest PVP MMO games were built around an intuitive PVE game that left a player feeling accomplished in the lore as well as access to PVP mostly on their terms. 

• GobwarGobwar Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by phennexion

I bought the game a long time ago, noticed it was in open beta, so i redownloaded it,

Made a char, walked out of town with no idea how to kill anything, or gather resources, ganked.

Whatever, make a new char, and im missing skills for some reason, cant rest or do anything,
    FINALLY after like 7 attempts at new characters, i got one i can play, so with some help of random players I kinda get an idea on how to play the game, and I go hunt some boars, and get the stuff , sell it and get the money
    but as im tryin to deposit the money into my bank to keep it save, someone is stealingit from me adn the game is too bugged to let me drop the rest of it in the bank, i have to log in and log out just to put stuff in and out of the bank
    UNPLAYABLE, Not newbie friendly, i dont care about gettin ganked, its the type of game it is, but theres a limit on just how unfriendly a game can be on a newbie before they will quit, and this is just ridiculous. I've played darkfall and been pwned in darkfall alot, but this game is pure stupid, when it comes to new player experience

I'll do some Q&A kay?

You made a character, what was your starting town? You can see the names in the character creation. 

Did you read user quick guide before starting playing or while playing? Yes / No ( Did you even use the ingame help desk)

Did you contact AI's customer help desk to ask few things? Did you contact GM or another players to guide you?

Can you specify how did the game "bug" so you couldn't drop the coins in bank..? I think you have only faced Desync there, don't know. But if you have found a bug, please report it to here: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/bugtracker.php

The game is in open beta which is dedicated a lot to stresstest and bug smashing to avoid release problems.

Not newbie friendly? Well, if you would just have read the guides and spoken to people it would make the experience a lot more smoother. The starter protection flag isn't implimented yet, it will make the experience a lot more better in start.

Also, you played alone? It's very rough if you play alone as many of the things in the game require friends / or contacts to other players in world. Only the big skill system requires you to do that. You need to search for specialized people to help you.

This means that MO has a big selection of diverse skills, tons of possible interactions, and possibilities for all kinds of crafting, trade, and co-operative combat.

I think in total, your problem with the first experiences were that you didn't read the guides nor do contact with players around the world. Mortal Online aims a lot in player interaction. You didn't take the time to dig in the sand and figure out how things work, for example crafting is very complex and you would have no idea how it works if you try.. It's something, that you must speak to others to figure things out.

You can burn me, but i wont die.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by Gobwar

I'll do some Q&A kay?

You made a character, what was your starting town? You can see the names in the character creation. 

Did you read user quick guide before starting playing or while playing? Yes / No ( Did you even use the ingame help desk)

Did you contact AI's customer help desk to ask few things? Did you contact GM or another players to guide you?

Can you specify how did the game "bug" so you couldn't drop the coins in bank..? I think you have only faced Desync there, don't know. But if you have found a bug, please report it to here: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/bugtracker.php

The game is in open beta which is dedicated a lot to stresstest and bug smashing to avoid release problems.

Not newbie friendly? Well, if you would just have read the guides and spoken to people it would make the experience a lot more smoother. The starter protection flag isn't implimented yet, it will make the experience a lot more better in start.

Also, you played alone? It's very rough if you play alone as many of the things in the game require friends / or contacts to other players in world. Only the big skill system requires you to do that. You need to search for specialized people to help you.

This means that MO has a big selection of diverse skills, tons of possible interactions, and possibilities for all kinds of crafting, trade, and co-operative combat.

I think in total, your problem with the first experiences were that you didn't read the guides nor do contact with players around the world. Mortal Online aims a lot in player interaction. You didn't take the time to dig in the sand and figure out how things work, for example crafting is very complex and you would have no idea how it works if you try.. It's something, that you must speak to others to figure things out.

Fanboi Defense 101: If the user did not like the game it is because he played it wrong; the game did not fail, the player did...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by kakasaki

I'll do some Q&A kay?

Fanboi Defense 101: If the user did not like the game it is because he played it wrong; the game did not fail, the player did...

IS that mean all RTS games failed because some ppl in the world hate RTS? I mean seriously, dont bring fails argument in here please.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

I'll do some Q&A kay?

I agree that if there is a manual or quick guide then it should be read, but if a new player has to start asking GMs or customer service just how to play the game then something is seriously wrong, and if its happening to a substantial number of people then that indicates a problem with the game rather than the individual. Even "hardcore" games should be intuitive to a certain extent, and in this regard MO fails horribly, the crafting in particular is ridiculously complex and cannot be done without online research. I don't play games where I have to keep alt-tabbing out to figure out what to do and from the looks of it I'm not alone in this regard.

Brushing off the OP's technical issues as just a bit of desync is all very well, but remember that the majority of people who will be trying this game for the first time don't care why the game doesn't work, they just see it doesn't work. I'm sure Vanguard's issues on release could all be explained away quite comfortably in simple terms, but that didn't make the game any more playable for it. Starvault have to sort this out fast.

Those same newcomers will also be starting alone except for a few who were introduced by a friend, so saying "group up with people so they can help you" isn't as easy as it sounds when you're in a starter town and everyone else is in the same boat as you, trying to figure out how to even play the game, let alone do something constructive like craft a sword. When I was playing the MO beta the chat was just full of people saying "how do I do this?" or whining about bugs and thieves, and to tell you the truth I was just as clueless as they were and fed up. I'm assuming the people who knew what to do were out, busy ganking newbies.

MO has the possibility to be a very deep experience, however just throwing a newcomer straight in at the deep end is not good for customer retention. Having a gradual incline leading into the deep area doesn't make the game any more shallow, nor does it prevent the self-styled "hardcore" players from jumping right in should they want to figure it out for themselves. Eventually those customers who quit after an hour of running around aimlessly will start hurting MO, particularly since faction warfare just screams for a big, healthy population to really work well.

• TraxexTraxex Member Posts: 31

lol, the ingame help guide is enough, ive soon played for month and i think i know pretty much about the game, advanced extraction is rly complex but basics arent, ore+cataclyst, you learn by doing. atleast i did.

its kinda rough but i think its more rewarding after you learn it!

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

Agree 100% with the OP. Very unfinished game, back to BETA, one year, NEXT.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• qazqaz123qazqaz123 Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Game is going to be released at the end of this month as an alpha release because of the bugs and lack of content...   

PS - Make sure you get a refund from your credit card company before the game officially releases or your SOL.

I highly doubt they gonna loose any money to that, as their rules is well within their countries laws, the bank they use accepted the terms too. So if you get a chargeback, its your own bank paying from their own pockets!

Do that too many times with your creditcard company, and you risk a real investigation of your account, and a possible trip to court to pay back the debt  you now own the CC company.

1. The priest when dead is easyly located by beacons, if you coulndt figure out to go back to the city where you just walked out off, your own fault. its not 2 miles by far.

2. the char creation dosnt give random missing skills, but random skills. Wich meens different start out skill set for different "type" you chose, and a few for race.

3. To steal your money they have to wait for a second timer, once getting snooped you should start moveing. Its a feature in the game, live with it or play anotehr game., Thou i agree stealing in its current form is still lame.

4. Yes its not newbie friendly, you obvious cared about beeing ganked, and not beeing able to easyly locate the priest around the corner, further more you cared about getting robbed at daylight. 

• phennexionphennexion Member Posts: 63

wow pretty hardcore fanbois.

I want this game to do good, I wana play a game like this, It's why I paid for it. But it does seriously need work. You hardcore fanbois can make up stupid excuses like "didnt contact GM for help" , or "didnt move cause you were gettin snooped", but how the hell is a newbie know to do this, the fucking help files are retarded and sound like they were writtin by some player on the forums, I read them all and it didnt even help me figure out much.

You shouldn't have to start playing the game in a guild/group of people to enjoy it, cause thats not always the circumstance in 90% of the people who buy the game.

It's clear as day, that the game isnt ready for release, it needs another year of polishing to be playable by the masses and not the hardcore nerds who aint got nothing better to do with their day then figure out a broke ass mmo and gank noobs then lol at them on the forums when they complain. If it's like the poster said where the creator of the game doesnt want noobs in the game then fine, it's a sinking ship, gg. Back to wurm online if you want real sandbox anyway

I want this game to do good, I wana play a game like this, It's why I paid for it. But it does seriously need work. You hardcore fanbois can make up stupid excuses like "didnt contact GM for help" , or "didnt move cause you were gettin snooped", but how the hell is a newbie know to do this, the fucking help files are retarded and sound like they were writtin by some player on the forums, I read them all and it didnt even help me figure out much.

You shouldn't have to start playing the game in a guild/group of people to enjoy it, cause thats not always the circumstance in 90% of the people who buy the game.
    It's clear as day, that the game isnt ready for release, it needs another year of polishing to be playable by the masses and not the hardcore nerds who aint got nothing better to do with their day then figure out a broke ass mmo and gank noobs then lol at them on the forums when they complain. If it's like the poster said where the creator of the game doesnt want noobs in the game then fine, it's a sinking ship, gg. Back to wurm online if you want real sandbox anyway

its nice of you to call us fanbois, mby we want the game to succeed, mby we like this play style, mby you dont like the playstyle.

But to use negative terms as fanboys :((( 

WoW got fanboys too, harder to bash, as it actualy got shitton of ppl playing it, yet, some of us dont cuz we simply dont like it.

We mearly giving you advices, if you allready read em, and still cant figure out how to hit WASD and cant deal with the losses from getting pked or stolen from, this game is clearly not for you, and you should move on, theres no reason to start the personal insult campaign.

• 0guz0guz Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by qazqaz123

2. the char creation dosnt give random missing skills, but random skills. Wich meens different start out skill set for different "type" you chose, and a few for race.

try making new chars. i born with no skill when i choose weapon crafter once.  and you need to logout-login everytime you finished reading a book to take the skill.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087
    Originally posted by Neoptolemus

I agree that if there is a manual or quick guide then it should be read, but if a new player has to start asking GMs or customer service just how to play the game then something is seriously wrong, and if its happening to a substantial number of people then that indicates a problem with the game rather than the individual. Even "hardcore" games should be intuitive to a certain extent, and in this regard MO fails horribly, the crafting in particular is ridiculously complex and cannot be done without online research. I don't play games where I have to keep alt-tabbing out to figure out what to do and from the looks of it I'm not alone in this regard.

Well, your profile doesn't indicate your MMO of choice, but  just going by what is available it's likely to involve complex quests as part of the advancement in the game.  Typically, groups (or someone in the group)  does internet research to find out the specifics of the quest.   No one needs to engage in crafting.  If the complexity is daunting, don't be a crafter.  If the complexity is an interesting challenge, then do become a crafter.  Crafting is meant to have the potential of being most of a persons game experience (should they so choose) and pose the same level of challenge as quests and raids do in more "theme park" games. 

• lucabrasilucabrasi Member Posts: 43

This bit of information is for the fanboys who will really defend this game to the death of it.

The brain does not simply gather and stockpile information as a computer's hard drive does. Facts are stored first in the hippocampus. But the information does not rest there. Every time we recall it, our brain writes it down again, and during this re-storage, it is also reprocessed. In time, the fact is gradually transferred to the cerebral cortex and is separated from the context in which it was originally learned.This phenomenon, known as source amnesia, can also lead people to forget whether a statement is true. Even when a lie is presented with a disclaimer, people often later remember it as true.

With time, this misremembering gets worse. A false statement from a noncredible source that is at first not believed can gain credibility during the months it takes to reprocess memories from short-term hippocampal storage to longer-term cortical storage. As the source is forgotten, the message and its implications gain strength...

...Psychologists have suggested that legends propagate by striking an emotional chord. In the same way, ideas can spread by emotional selection, rather than by their factual merits, encouraging the persistence of falsehoods...

• phennexionphennexion Member Posts: 63

I'm too much of an idiot to really understand what your trying to say, but are you trying to say they're believing a lie?

• PzfaustPzfaust Member Posts: 26

I'm too much of an idiot to really understand what your trying to say, but are you trying to say they're believing a lie?

I think they are suffering from selfdelusion, being emotionally attached to the idea of creating a "perfect sandbox".

There was a B-movie in the 80s, I cant recall the name of it, where bikers gang was in search of "perfect beer".   When I visit MO forums and read some discussions, it's as funny as that movie.

So when one is emotionally attached to something it is very easy to make them follow the piper - in our case all that is needed is to repeat as often as possible the key words: "sandbox", "hardcore", "absolute freedom". Next one is "those who are not with us are against us".

Next thing you have people on "sandbox jihad".

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390

Sad to that the new opium of the people turns out to be none other than "Sandbox" these days.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

I highly doubt they gonna loose any money to that, as their rules is well within their countries laws, the bank they use accepted the terms too. So if you get a chargeback, its your own bank paying from their own pockets!

Actually that's not true.   While a customer IS protected if a company goes out of business.. as long as the charging company is not bankrupt they will be hit with the chargeback... after that it's either the card company or the bank.. not sure which but I believe it's the charge company.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• jagorhighjagorhigh Member Posts: 43

OP..sadly... i had the same experience.

Tried to play it but the combination of lag, bugs, broken features, empty world and poor game design decisions make me rage quit.

Some said this game should be the Darkfall killer lol ...I don't this so..

Devs made one big mistake: preorders for alfa version of their game. I really hope this wont eat their heads now :S

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

the devs made a big mistake when they started to make a game without real programing skills

Fanboys STFU :)

if they knew what kind of game they want to make , they should have picked an other network engine

Atlas won't support big open world sandbox mmo's,cause it's instance based.

This game will never going to be able to get rid of the desync/lag problems...they can only change the rates,and packets...but that won't solve the problem,eversince it's a real time pvp game,with hitboxes.face with it.Beta no beta,alpha no alpha this game is **** from the beginning.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I disagree that it's unplayable (I play it) but I agree it's not ready to launch. The only circumstances they should launch under are if they have no choice but to launch due to financial obligations. This game and SV are going to get slated so hard even Tasos would think himself fortunate to have escaped such venom!

Darkfall killer? I think Darkfall has enough problems right now concerning the lack of good sieges in game. I don't think as MO stands now it's going to kill off Darkfall, however due to circumstances in game coupled with the release of MO (albeit a shitty unfinished version of MO) Darkfall is going to see a drop in the playerbase.

I have both DF and MO and haven't been playing DF for a while now due to the fact I play for PvP (mainly sieges) and that isn't happening right now. So I'm playing MO with all of it's bugs and desync crap, but I can still play and enjoy it. For me one game has never killed another, but people just mistake it for the game killing itself. The political situation in DF now is killing it for alot of players, so I'm playing MO until something changes in DF.

These guys are launching a year too early but I say **** it! Anyone there at SWG launch? And that was about the greatest sand box game in my opinion!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Originally posted by Agricola1

I have both DF and MO and haven't been playing DF for a while now due to the fact I play for PvP (mainly sieges) and that isn't happening right now. So I'm playing MO with all of it's bugs and desync crap, but I can still play and enjoy it.

Just curious how you are enjoying the sieging in MO?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Do that too many times with your creditcard company, and you risk a real investigation of your account, and a possible trip to court to pay back the debt  you now own the CC company.

Your wrong.  they are not replying to credit card companies at all. . or paypal. . so since they are non-responsive they do get charged back and there is no debating it later.

It is SVs "history" etc that will be hurt by this regarding credit card companies. 

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!