Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developer Log updated

DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Yay! New update on the developer log on the main site.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Finally, a crack in the veil of silence

www.citadelofsorcery.com/news/index.php

"There is still no time table on completion, which is actually impossible to predict. With cutting edge development of new technology (which is very unpredictable), and a new system of quest writing never done before and many other innovative (and therefore at times painful) design goals, we often hit snags that slow up that part of the development. But, we have a goal and so far we have not had to compromise on what we are building. It will be done when we think it meets the original design goals, and not a moment before. However, we are slowly nearing a time when we will be willing to show the game to various publishers."

I wonder about if Jatar left the team, might explain his absence on the forums recently.

"The team expanded up to thirty people recently, but then we lost a few people to other endeavors and the complications of life, so for the moment we are holding at twenty-seven.

Though perhaps the 7 day a week schedule is consuming all of his time these days.

"Our team is working seven days a week to bring it to you, be patient."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TanqueTanque Member UncommonPosts: 46

Would not be the first time there aren't posts by Jatar for a while but we will see.

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348

Now why in the world would I go and leave a project this fun?  I haven't been posting here simply because no one has asked any questions that I need to (or can) answer.  Contrary to what you might think, I spend most of my time working with the rest of the team on the game and only check these forums occasionally.  I'd be happy to reply to any questions that might come up.

Glad to see you're still kicking Jatar, now get back to work and get this game built.

Geez, we build interstates in less time :)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348

Originally posted by Kyleran

Glad to see you're still kicking Jatar, now get back to work and get this game built.

I wish we only had to build the interstate.   We're building an entire planet, that's a lot of blades of grass, and rocks and bushes and trees and houses and forts and caves and castles and towers and villages and swords and... well, you get the picture.  It's a lot of stuff.   Now, if we could just squeeze a few more days into each week...

Originally posted by Jatar

Originally posted by Kyleran

I wish we only had to build the interstate.   We're building an entire planet, that's a lot of blades of grass, and rocks and bushes and trees and houses and forts and caves and castles and towers and villages and swords and... well, you get the picture.  It's a lot of stuff.   Now, if we could just squeeze a few more days into each week...

I've been wishing for extra days in the week since my children were born, so I feel your pain.

Software is ready when its ready, and not a day before....take your time and get it right, you only get one shot to succeed.

• VayrelVayrel Member Posts: 4

Well I'm new to the following but me and my wife are going to patiently wait this game's arrival. It sounds great and I hope ya'll hold to your guns and do not compromise concepts to save time and release.