Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GDC10: ArenaNet's Daniel Dociu discusses the art of Guild Wars 2

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

This is a 9:50 min video montage of artwork for Guild Wars 2. You also see a small portion of in-game footage. Guild Wars 2 is going to look great!

www.massively.com/2010/03/16/gdc10-arenanets-daniel-dociu-discusses-the-art-of-guild-wars-2/

Comments

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

great find! thnx man!

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

A nice selection of new artwork, thanks for the link!

Anyone notice there's a lot of art focussed on vehicles? I saw what looked like a tank, a ship and some kind of airship... it makes sense given the world has progressed through several centuries of technology, I'm just curious to find out how much of that is going to trickle down into gameplay.

yeah i liked the vehicle artwork esp that huge wooden tank and what looks like an amphibious charr vehicle
    i dont think that there'll any vehicles that we can drive, they will be just part of the environs just like the beautiful istani swan ships in Nightfall

saintvictor, i didnt see any ingame footage
    i like what im seeing here and i cant wait for the part 2 of this art presentation

Edit: Martin said there will be 4 parts! woohoo!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by illyana

yeah i liked the vehicle artwork esp that huge wooden tank and what looks like an amphibious charr vehicle

i dont think that there'll any vehicles that we can drive, they will be just part of the environs just like the beautiful istani swan ships in Nightfall
    saintvictor, i didnt see any ingame footage

i like what im seeing here and i cant wait for the part 2 of this art presentation

Edit: Martin said there will be 4 parts! woohoo!

The Sylvari in the MAguuma jungle early in the video. It is super short but it is there.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I saw this on guildwars2guru as well. While his artwork mostly came from guildwars 2 and guildwars his discussion was mostly on art style and mmos. I'd like to see the whole presentation really, sounds interesting.

yeah i saw the ingame cutscene too and posted about it in guru and incgamers
    "The Dream is our connection. Our inspiration."
    our 1st GW2 cutscene!

• 3DG.E3DG.E Member Posts: 28

Yeah looks amazing. The thing I really like is that most of the concept art there we have already seen in the trailers, so it seems it's safe to say what we see in concept art has a fair chance to really look like that ingame.