It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Are you looking for an old-school, large world, complex MMORPG? Take a look at Vanguiard!
I didn't play during the early phases of Vanguard, and have heard the launch was bad. But I can say that today, Vanguard is a great game:
- large, open, beautiful world. Vanguard is large, huge even, with lots of towns, cities, and even large cities. Lots of variety, mountains, swamps, forests, caves, underwater, flying, etc.
- lots of content, lots. There are newbie zones for each race, with different quests to level up on. For every level you are at, there are at least two whole ways to level up, and usually more. You could play several characters and never repeat the content. Many classes and races.
- best pet class of any game. Vanguard has superior pets; these pets have complex commands, excellent pathing and AI, and usually their own powers. I was looking at my Bird pet last night, he has 10 commands! Pets don't get stuck on stuff, they don't run away, they don't go crazy.
- excellent harvesting and crafting is part of Vanguard.
- good community, and since it is fairly small, there are NO GOLD SPAMMERS!
- house, boat, and guild-house construction is full featured.
In short, I was looking for another DAOC, an old-style large world game, and I found it in Vanguard.
Give Vanguard a try on the free trial island!
RIP City of Heroes. One of my favorite MMO's.