Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Trooper Screenshots

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Today, MMORPG.com is pleased to present these new Trooper class screenshots from Bioware's upcoming MMORPG, Star Wars: the Old Republic.

Check out the Trooper Screenshots.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Still no female trooper screenshots? Burn Bioware!

edit - btw, the boots on the jedi consular look awesome!

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Wait a minute. Why are there other people around the trooper? Everyone says this is a solo game! FAKE PIC!!!!!!!!!!

• ThanosxpThanosxp Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by brostyn

Wait a minute. Why are there other people around the trooper? Everyone says this is a solo game! FAKE PIC!!!!!!!!!!

Totally true! These trolls keep posting that SWTOR is a solo game,but now a screenshot is there totally proves that the game revolves totally in teamplay and everything is going to be great.Yeah! hhmmm...yeah.right

• fanitafanita Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by Thanosxp

Totally true! These trolls keep posting that SWTOR is a solo game,but now a screenshot is there totally proves that the game revolves totally in teamplay and everything is going to be great.Yeah! hhmmm...yeah.right

'Daniel Erickson: So there are two very separate things that we have going on: your personal story, which is your class story, and then the world stories. And to be clear, there are large ongoing world stories as well. There are a whole series of quests that will take you double digit hours to do, that you can do multiplayer, and that you can make all the decisions, and you guys can go through the whole thing together.'

http://darthhater.com/2010/03/15/interview-story-time-with-daniel-erickson/

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074
    Originally posted by Thanosxp

So some troll posting personal speculation on the forums holds more water than a screenshot of the actual game + developers statements? hhmmm...yeah.right

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Well it certainly looks like group play to me. You sure those trolls weren't not fanboys of a certain popular mmo that is scared everyone will like The Old Repulbic and leave their current game ? Hmmmm interesting.....

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Maybe only one of those is an actual player and the rest in the screenies are hirelings?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Nice screen shot.  I really like the art direction they are going with.  Hopefully low-end machines will be able to handle this game so players will not be reluctant to join because of hardware issues.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Gotta say TOR is looking rather impressive with the art direction. I love stylized graphics over  high gloss graphics. It gives the game more of a balanced feng shui feeling to it's world and it's inhabitants.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

I'm going to chime in on this one. In my opinion, these screen shots are already good enough to make the game enjoyable, everything else being equal.

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

I think these screenshots look pretty good. I admit I was a little reluctant about this title awhile back, but if they can pull off a more open world than has been speculated, then I think i might give this one a go when it comes out.

• AffinityjbAffinityjb Member Posts: 3

I'm going to disagree with a lot of people and say I'm not impressed at all by these screens. The graphics look dated and the game is no where near release. I will concede that it's way to early to judge, but I seriously hope they polish the game's looks or else it won't live up to the hype.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Originally posted by Affinityjb

I'm going to disagree with a lot of people and say I'm not impressed at all by these screens. The graphics look dated and the game is no where near release. I will concede that it's way to early to judge, but I seriously hope they polish the game's looks or else it won't live up to the hype.

Welcome to mmorpg.  Why do you think this?  I think the graphics look great for what they are doing.

It's not AoC graphics. It's not LotrO graphics. Both are great in what they are presenting.  I think how TOR is presenting their graphics, it's great.

The armor looks different and polished.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Originally posted by Swanea

Welcome to mmorpg.  Why do you think this?  I think the graphics look great for what they are doing.

It's not AoC graphics. It's not LotrO graphics. Both are great in what they are presenting.  I think how TOR is presenting their graphics, it's great.

I love the art, not impressed by the graphics.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• AffinityjbAffinityjb Member Posts: 3

Hey thanks. From these screens (and a few others I've seen here), the textures seem dull and the models look a bit blocky. I'm not a big fan of hyper realistic graphics. I'm a loved the art direction WoW went with, even though that now looks dated to me. But the game simply doesn't look 'next gen' to me. I'd expect the next gen Star Wars to raise the bar similar to what Aion did. 

Again, this isnt the final product by any stretch and I look forward to more screens as the game develops.

Also, is this an in-house engine they developed? What are they using?

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I agree that it COULD be better; I still think their stylized realism wasnt such a good choice. Esp. landscapes could be more stunning - see LOTRO: few polys and still stunning vistas.  This grass looks a bit edgy. But then, its beta and its ok, generally. I understand they strife for a recognizable look.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by skeaser

I love the art, not impressed by the graphics.

Actually this is the strong point of the game, combined with some great combat annimations it will make people happy. Just look at the game that shall not be mentioned.  having resource easy graphics like this will allow for mass combat in PvP and such...

You can't have top knotch graphics in an MMO, just look at AoC siege combat lag... that explains why an MMO needs graphics that are not resource heavy.

And also never judge MMO graphics based on screenshots, only based on video's

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FuggoFuggo Member Posts: 121

Or they made it look "cooler" with more people...

[Earthrise ss in my profile][Coming out Q2 2010]

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

is this game released yet and is that on a populated server???? nope! probably some testers bunched togther lookin for bugs.