Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey we can Jump Freely in combat in GW2,, what you think about that?

knighthonorknighthonor Member Posts: 96

How you think it will effect gameplay?

Comments

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Never was one that thought jumping was all that in games like this. Now we'll have jumping puzzles, a fan favorite, not.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

It won't affect gameplay other than giving people with ADD something to do.

• knighthonorknighthonor Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by arenasb

But what about Bunny hopping?

Want guild Wars 2 to become a

"World of Guild Wars"

World of Guild Wars

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

WoW didn't invent jumping you twat, and stop clogging the thread with your screenshots and oversized sig

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

Guild Wars 1 and 2 does need jumping.

WoW didn't invent jumping you twat, and stop clogging the thread with your screenshots and oversized sig

lol his screenshots r funney

Anet wana make Guild Wars 2 into a WoW clone.

And bunny hopping is one of the many things wow player do

Dont you see?

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

bunny hopping takes skill.

dont cry just cuz they PwNtd u with their jumping skillZ, bro.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

So because they are implementing something many people complained and/or wanted in guild wars 1 makes it a wow clone? lol..

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by knighthonor

And bunny hopping is one of the many things wow player do

Dont you see?

1)Source?

2)refer to previous point

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Kill all the nerds please,hope you burn in hell bitches.Dont see the fun in that pciture and some on this site is fucking stupid,killeveryone totally fucked up. die die die die die

• EunuchmakerEunuchmaker Member UncommonPosts: 204

If the game still has auto-targetting like the first one, it won't matter will it?  Hop all you like, once targetted, the game auto tracks you. 

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

He's a troll. Can't you tell?

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• HochmeisterHochmeister Member Posts: 70

That would be good, but in PVP not so much because when your trying to kill someone they might deside to jump away. That feature might only be great for PVE

Originally posted by Eunuchmaker

If the game still has auto-targetting like the first one, it won't matter will it?  Hop all you like, once targetted, the game auto tracks you. 

nope that was removed

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

OMG to the guy who practically just said that WoW invented jumping >_>

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Your signature removes the single most aspect that seperates Guild Wars from being a so called "WoW Clone".

But seriously, your accusations need sources. If you fail to provide them, add "In my opinion". Without a doubt, I believe auto tracking will return. If failing that, you can just press 'X' to solve jumping should it be some sort of tactic.

EDIT: And I agree with the above, remove your screenshots. No-one wants to see pictures of PVP-Only characters. (Unless of course you're discussing its build, which you are not.)

• cryoracryora Member Posts: 367

They can offset the overuse of jumping by requiring you to hold down the space bar to charge up a bigger jump.  That way, constantly tapping the spacebar will only result in a quick successing of tiny hops, where your character is essentially skipping through the scene.  A long or high jump will take a longer time to perform, but only such jumps would allow you to scale high rocks, or leap across chasms.  Should you fall into a chasm, they should take a cue from Left 4 Dead, where your character will immediately grab on to the ledge, but without requiring another player to help you up, it will simply go into an animation where the character pulls themself up.  While you hold the space bar, it should show the character preparing for a big jump, depending on whether you're also holding down a directional key.  If no directional key is held, the character should appear squatting, ready to jump as high as they could.  If a directional key is indeed held down, then the character should be leaning towards the respective direction, ready to spring.  This allows the opportunity for the game to make the characters appear like rugged, agile adventurers.

Or they could simply disable the jump ability until 5 seconds after each jump, forcing players to reserve it for when it is necessary, but that would be more boring than what I suggested above.

• SkiperSkiper Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by arenasb

But what about Bunny hopping?

Want guild Wars 2 to become a

"World of Guild Wars"

World of Guild Wars

What? The bottons on that screen shot are exactly the same as a palidins in WOW, but the character and seen are not quite the same. Where the bottons just interjected? I have not played Guild Wars yet.

Skipper

• SkiperSkiper Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Hochmeister

That would be good, but in PVP not so much because when your trying to kill someone they might deside to jump away. That feature might only be great for PVE

Wow!, imagine that, someone using some skill to move away from an attack. lol. I would think that would be the point of it, but if this game is like WOW, then unless your fighting a warrior type, who has no real range, then it wont matter much because the range will get you, unless it would allow you to jump away from direct line of sight,  then it would add skill use to the game rather then just class or gear advantage only. That is the reason i left WOW, because in battlegrounds range rules too much and gear can give you also too much of an unfaire advantage.

Skipper

• Xyfire1Xyfire1 Member Posts: 128

I neds to doo jumpz in teh capitol citiez soz I can waste mah tyme!

I'm serious.. It's what I do while LFG...

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

so basically you have to like, jump over the logs that this huge gorilla is rolling down the ramps at you....  ...  pretty sure this has been done before though

• kjames423kjames423 Member Posts: 47

I think jumping will add something new to the game not just in combat. Tons of people asked for GW to be more interactive with the world and GW2 is providing that with jumping swimming and a lot less instancing.

Past: Can never go back to Wow.
    Present: Nothing interesting out.
    Future: Looking forward to GW2.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swzh0ngMNJo

You might as well JUMP!!!!