Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So walking in station not this year

cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

www.gamebreakr.com/shows/if-you-missed-it-nathan-richardsson-from-ccpeve-online-interview Oveur dint confirm walking in station for december just said in the next 2 years

BestSigEver :P

Comments

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

"self ambulation" = Vaporware

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Mmm, what he actually said was "We're looking to release various aspects of it over the next two years" which is a little more hopeful for us. I read that as "there will be more than one ambulation exapnsion in the next two years".

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

Ill embrace ambulation as a good concept the day that WoW releases a spaceship expansion with backstabbing, metagaming and tears.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

I'm glad if they take it easy with implementing ambulation.

Shure it's intruiging and sounds fun, but I'm vary of it.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• StaatsschutzStaatsschutz Member Posts: 90

OP: Fail

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I honestly hope EVE turns out as they want it, of all the companies I know out there CCP has to be the one with the biggest vision for their game, I do honestly believe they want EVE to become a "you can do anything" game and their steps to me seem like the right ones, they are not over hyping much of the stuff.

Cause tbf they seem to been able to rush something out ages ago they are taking their time, and I really honestly hope EVE does continue to grow and that they manage to continue developing and expanding EVE up to their goals, from flying a ship in endless space to colonizing and interacting with other people at planet level.

That is all I can say really wether its going to happen this year or the next is speculation, the fact that they have the plans makes me think there are still companies out there that still care about a great product rather than just making money.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

For me Incarna is a space elevator to the surface of planets that won't require a console game sometime down the road. I would love to have a colony on the surface of worlds that I can walk around on.  

• SelenicaSelenica Member Posts: 183

That's ok I guess. Plenty of other games to play between now and then. I don't like Eve in its current form though.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

New to the way CCP does things?

Every mechanic CCP puts out is released in basic form and is developed overtime.

Faction warfare, Wormholes, Epic mission arcs, Sov. Seriously why should incarna and PI be any different.

So were gonna get Incarna with just empty stations, a captains quarters, board game and some on foot non-combat missions? then over the next two years they will continue to add to it? sounds good.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Well, it would be a nice addition, but not really needed.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by rav3n2

That is all I can say really wether its going to happen this year or the next is speculation, the fact that they have the plans makes me think there are still companies out there that still care about a great product rather than just making money.

I think it would be more accurate to say that CCP are one of those companies that still think they can make money by making a great product. They certainly do care about making money, and they make no pretence otherwise. Nor should they.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

I remember CCP saying ambulation and the ability to walk in stations was coming soon way back in early 2007. Now it is 2010 and they still have not added it, and only promisses that it is on the way. Glad I didn't keep waiting for it over all these years, as I left eve later in 2007 after about 8 months of playing.

At one point I was even tempted to keep playing because I thought ambulation, and the ability to fly down by the surface of planets was about to come out sometime soon. Even saw video of the terain of some planets, and it looked promising that it would happen. Glad I didn't waste my time waiting.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by BloodDuality

I remember CCP saying ambulation and the ability to walk in stations was coming soon way back in early 2007. Now it is 2010 and they still have not added it, and only promisses that it is on the way. Glad I didn't keep waiting for it over all these years, as I left eve later in 2007 after about 8 months of playing.
    At one point I was even tempted to keep playing because I thought ambulation, and the ability to fly down by the surface of planets was about to come out sometime soon. Even saw video of the terain of some planets, and it looked promising that it would happen. Glad I didn't waste my time waiting.

Be honest, If you were ever thinking that ambulation was going to make you like the game if you don't already, I think you were mistaken. I would say that very few people who didn't like EVE before are going to suddenly love it because of ambulation.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Yea, we may not see WiS this year...  mmm, botherd?  not really.  

If even after this amount of time developing they stil have to release staggerd over 2 years it must be something epic and gona be worth the wait.

In the mean time, walking and running and shooting and blowing this up on planets is what Ill look forward to next :D

• KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186

That interview doesn't NOT inspire confidence in Incarna's future. This is very similar to how I felt after last years Incarna demonstration (or lack of) vs. the year before. It all comes down to game mechanics, it is not enough to simply create an avatar and drop them in an empty station with very little to do. Especially considering the time spent in development and the hype meter CCP USE to place on Incarna. Promises of future glory from CCP are a joke. CCP does not have a great track record for revisiting prior systems they incorporate into the game. If you need to ask what system, you don't play.

Planetary Interaction, they have talked that talk for years and what they have on SiSi looks like some web based facebook flash game. A feature they SHOULD have been planning for years and gradually developing looks like it was thrown together in a single expansion cycle. That is the best CCP with it's 300+ employees can deliver? I honestly would like to know what ACTUAL development/art assets are allocated to real EVE development, not DUST or some other MMO they are creating. Yes, I know Planetary Interaction is not complete but I doubt they are all the sudden going to drop atmospheric flight into that bad boy. I am however very thankful that CCP is releasing it now so the hype meter can ratchet down a bit.

I love EVE, not because of CCP's feeble attempts to market a future they can't deliver but because some pretty smart people put together a core game that's been in place for years. That is how all new players should approach EVE, exactly what's in front of them and not some hopes of a spectacular (more like speculated) future.

Originally posted by Kravis

it is not enough to simply create an avatar and drop them in an empty station with very little to do.

To say this shows you know nothing on how CCP does things.

Name one feature released by CCP that didn't start barebones with the intention of having us the players develop it over time.

• KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186

Originally posted by Rockgod99

it is not enough to simply create an avatar and drop them in an empty station with very little to do.

Name one feature released by CCP that didn't start barebones with the intention of having us the players develop it over time.

How exactly are you as a player going to develop an empty station? It has to have game mechanics/tools for us to even develop it as players, without those tools we can't do squat. Sure I could stand inside an empty station and yell at people to buy my wares but why would I do that when I can simply put them on the market or contract and advert in a trading channel? Now, if CCP GAVE me the tools to unplug someone's implants or take the rigs of their ship or even spray a decal onto a ship from a station those are tools.

We the players are limited by the tools and game mechanics which CCP imposes, such as the limitations of FW. Or better yet, the fact we will interact with WH planets but we can't moon mine in WH space? Makes sense to me! It's a sandbox (a great one) but we can only develop it within the rules which CCP put into place.

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

People who say they quit EVE because Ambulation kept getting delayed...

Right.. you sound so genuine.

EVE isn't for everyone, and if you found that you don't enjoy anything EVE has to offer in it's current form, then you're selling yourself short believing that you'll enjoy doing "nothing else" except sit around and fart in some space station while everyone else enjoys themselves. 

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by aeroplane22

People who say they quit EVE because Ambulation kept getting delayed...

Right.. you sound so genuine.

EVE isn't for everyone, and if you found that you don't enjoy anything EVE has to offer in it's current form, then you're selling yourself short believing that you'll enjoy doing "nothing else" except sit around and fart in some space station while everyone else enjoys themselves. 

Hmmm .... if you fart alone in an empty space station, can anyone hear it ? And would the sound bounce off the walls making an echoing sound ? Would it sound canned or Tinn'y ?  MAN !! so much could be done with that concept !

Work hard Play Harder

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

i only want one thing from ambulation tabled for texas hold em :D

BestSigEver :P

Originally posted by Rockgod99

How exactly are you as a player going to develop an empty station? It has to have game mechanics/tools for us to even develop it as players, without those tools we can't do squat. Sure I could stand inside an empty station and yell at people to buy my wares but why would I do that when I can simply put them on the market or contract and advert in a trading channel? Now, if CCP GAVE me the tools to unplug someone's implants or take the rigs of their ship or even spray a decal onto a ship from a station those are tools.

We the players are limited by the tools and game mechanics which CCP imposes, such as the limitations of FW. Or better yet, the fact we will interact with WH planets but we can't moon mine in WH space? Makes sense to me! It's a sandbox (a great one) but we can only develop it within the rules which CCP put into place.

CCP already stated that they will not release stations filled with shops and things to do.

Its up to us with the tools they give us to start shops, arcades, bars and stuff like that overtime The stations mechanic with evolve due to the players use, hot spots will be created and as CCP views our progress they will slowly add in new tools.

When stations first release we will have nothing but a bunch of tools an empty station and empty lots for players to own/rent.

CCP will continue to develop on these features like they have all the rest. Wormholes and FW are still in their infancy stages in the next couple years they wont even resemble what they are currently.