Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about playing Jade Dynasty -- Read this.

dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

My ingame name was Magyar.  And I was (and still am) the leader of one of the preeminent guilds in Jade Dynasty.  Except of course that I have longsince retired from the game, and am encouraging my guild to follow me.

Want to know why?

Read this:

www.laudanumonline.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

Comments

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

bitch please.

Don't like it - don't play it.

For me the bot feature was the best thing to be found in any mmorpg and only thanks to that I am playing this for more than half a year already and am not bored with it :)

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438
    Originally posted by Yuui

bitch please.

For me the bot feature was the best thing to be found in any mmorpg and only thanks to that I am playing this for more than half a year already and am not bored with it :)

This just goes to prove that you have absolutely no taste in Video Games.  Nothing more.

How about this?  Dont like it - Dont play it - Negatively review it due to rapacious corporate practices and constant misinformation spread to customers?

Thanks for bumping this to the top of the list.  The purpose is to educate others so they dont make an expensive mistake and play this game, not convince morons like you that they're morons.

This line from my review sums it up:

"So what are my final thoughts regarding Jade Dynasty? Frankly I think we probably would have been better off paying for a subscription title, and having high rolling members simply pay for the subscriptions of those who could not afford one! Jade Dynasty was in my opinion nothing more than corporate greed with a pretty face. Perfect World Entertainment has disappointed me so much with Jade Dynasty that I will no longer play another one of their products, and I now discourage others from doing the same."

People like you who essentially say "shut up I like it" with their posts are either mentally retarded, or ashamed of the amount of money theyve dumped into the game, and compensating for that shame with a false pride in an obviously bad product.

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by dar_es_balat

Originally posted by Yuui

bitch please.

This just goes to prove that you have absolutely no taste in Video Games.  Nothing more.

How about this?  Dont like it - Dont play it - Negatively review it due to rapacious corporate practices and constant misinformation spread to customers?

Thanks for bumping this to the top of the list.  The purpose is to educate others so they dont make an expensive mistake and play this game, not convince morons like you that they're morons.

This line from my review sums it up:

"So what are my final thoughts regarding Jade Dynasty? Frankly I think we probably would have been better off paying for a subscription title, and having high rolling members simply pay for the subscriptions of those who could not afford one! Jade Dynasty was in my opinion nothing more than corporate greed with a pretty face. Perfect World Entertainment has disappointed me so much with Jade Dynasty that I will no longer play another one of their products, and I now discourage others from doing the same."

People like you who essentially say "shut up I like it" with their posts are either mentally retarded, or ashamed of the amount of money theyve dumped into the game, and compensating for that shame with a false pride in an obviously bad product.

The better question is, why should you expect someone else unrelated to you entirely to dislike a game based simply on your opinion of it?

Judging by this thread and some posts from your guild's website you linked, sounds like someone has a bit of a god complex.

• technojunkietechnojunkie Member Posts: 1

lol i remember this magyar dumbass, the guy always stalked the forums with his head up his ass and when he left he wasn't missed.

jade dynasty is an MMO for mmo players with real lives. Being able to bot your character while your at work or doing something productive is a plus. I dont know how much time you or anyone else spends at the computer but i know for sure me and my friends either work or go to college, so MMO playing comes second. Although it seems to me MMO playing comes first for you, and you do have the time to spend countless hours behind your computer.

No reason to bash a good product that is user friendly in almost every way.

but then again you were just PWE fodder, while jade dynasty was in its infant stage.

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

So, I've tried the game for the last two weeeks and I even spent some 10 bucks on it for a little more bag/stash-space and a silver VIP card. 10 bucks dosn't hurt me, so it's more like buying a game of the bin.

There's actually no content in the game worthwile playing it I've to say. The storyline you follow isn't really entertaining and the other quests are shallow as they can be.

The bot-feature is a nice touch, but it's not a good feature I applaud for, because without it I would've not even stayed for two weeks. You basically need to run the bot every free minute you can, as otherwise you wouldn't progress (level up) at all.

It took me allmost the whole 14 days to get to level 90 as I've followed the storyline, did allmost all the sidequests and daily-quests, while running the bot-feature inbetween for atleast 12 hours a day. So let's say it took me 16 hours a day for 14 days straight.... and bam, after level 90 there's no more botting without spending additional money in the cash-shop... that's when I've stopped playing, as I totally won't waste my time on the following 60 levels without the ability to bot every free minute in the game.

The game is not playable after level 90 without the cash-shop basically, if you want to see any progress.

However, it wouldn't be that bad if the progress would be somewhat slower, if there would be actually some content to play around with, but there hust isn't any to speak of.
    There's no dungeons or otherwise group-quests... there's only grinding mobs and dailies, besides the storyline-quests. The storyline and the few additional side-quests will only net you some 25% of the needed XP, so you're looking at 60-70% grinding or botting...

I can't really recommend the game because it's lacking content to level up, and after you've leveled up, there's still no content.

• RomanjisanRomanjisan Member Posts: 53

A game that has a built-in bot to help you auto-grind? Um...but that is just...just ludicrous!  So the game developers "officially" know their game is nothing but a grindfest and they sanction it by including a botting mechanism inside their game?  I'm at a loss for words here.

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

Originally posted by jrs77

The game is not playable after level 90 without the cash-shop basically, if you want to see any progress.

However, it wouldn't be that bad if the progress would be somewhat slower, if there would be actually some content to play around with, but there hust isn't any to speak of.

There's no dungeons or otherwise group-quests... there's only grinding mobs and dailies, besides the storyline-quests. The storyline and the few additional side-quests will only net you some 25% of the needed XP, so you're looking at 60-70% grinding or botting...

I can't really recommend the game because it's lacking content to level up, and after you've leveled up, there's still no content.

I will agree that after 90, spending some money will make things a lot easier on you, but if you don't mind slowing down a bit, you can collect lunarshade stones (the energy item that allows botting) while you actually play/meditate in town and then bot on those later. It is a little bit of a bait-and-switch that the esper (botting gear) suddenly starts sucking up energy like crazy at 90. 

A mount and/or skyblade also make playing easier and more fun.  Some quests basically aren't doable without a skyblade (because NPCs are in the sky or up high or otherwise hard to reach), and others really need portal charms (fastest way to travel, and can be marked in difficult spots to get back to).  Those are some other things that you might want to spend money on or buy from other players.

There are dungeons, and red quests to do in them. And there are always Battlegrounds. And alliance wars. And there are Voidlands for groups (haven't done those yet, though.)  Did you try out the Master/Disciple system? That will put some exp on you in a hurry. In addition to the once a day things like Mystic Tome and Crisis, there are those other things like Astrals (either fun or a tremendous pain in the butt) and fishing. I don't grind out the exp without getting rinse-and-repeat dispatcher quests, turning them in periodically and then getting more, which helps along with the botting. Sleepless (with someone else in a party so that it stacks with your other quests) is a decent source of exp too.

Collecting and upgrading pets seems to be an obsession for some JD players.

I am not saying you are wrong. I certainly agree with you on the point of spending money post 90. And it's certainly not a game for everyone, and the things I have mentioned might have been things you've already considered. Just throwing in my $0.02.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by jrs77

So, I've tried the game for the last two weeeks and I even spent some 10 bucks on it for a little more bag/stash-space and a silver VIP card. 10 bucks dosn't hurt me, so it's more like buying a game of the bin.

There's actually no content in the game worthwile playing it I've to say. The storyline you follow isn't really entertaining and the other quests are shallow as they can be.

The bot-feature is a nice touch, but it's not a good feature I applaud for, because without it I would've not even stayed for two weeks. You basically need to run the bot every free minute you can, as otherwise you wouldn't progress (level up) at all.

It took me allmost the whole 14 days to get to level 90 as I've followed the storyline, did allmost all the sidequests and daily-quests, while running the bot-feature inbetween for atleast 12 hours a day. So let's say it took me 16 hours a day for 14 days straight.... and bam, after level 90 there's no more botting without spending additional money in the cash-shop... that's when I've stopped playing, as I totally won't waste my time on the following 60 levels without the ability to bot every free minute in the game.

Good and informative post. It sounds very much like the scheme in another game I used to play. Not making the same mistake twice. Thanks for the info.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• Don_SeanDon_Sean Member Posts: 1

I know this topic is old and i did not mean to bump this topic in no way at all but, I have played Jade Dynasty for about an entire year now and the only reason of that was because the fact that I have compeletly drained so much money into the entire game that I am forced to play it. My goal was to spend no more that about 20 bucks on the game but I poored about 150 bucks into this game and am totally ashamed of it. I look at my purchash history and im like wow for what purpose did this have. My uncle also plays this game to and he spent about 150 bucks as well, and we said to each other what a waste of our money, that money alone could pay for a whole entire year susbcription of World of Warcraft, or bought a whole new entire sysstem to an X-box with controllers and atleast 2 games give take. So now we play it to get our money's worth as much money as we spent we might as well play it because once you have character that is Asecend to lvl 150 we just multi-client and get the other characters we have up their. That is my expericne I have to offer about this game, the only thing I have to say whatever money your think about spending DONT! its no were near worth it, but if you then play the game just so it doesn't look like you wasted your money.

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

I've played this game since the 1st day of CB. I've also spent a small fortune on cash shop content (this freakin' game has the most addicting gambling system I've ever seen in a game - sadly, the most expensive too). I decided to quit as a T5 ascended with only a few levels away from lvl cap, so I had the chance to test the game in and out and learn every single trick.

Here's my advice - download, install and play JD ONLY IF:

1. you are willing to spend a lot of cash (and I mean hundreds & thousands, not peanuts) FOR A VERY SLIM CHANCE to get what you need; that's right - you can spend a lot of money and still not get a cool mount or fail refining your gear! Why? Because JD has a freaking stupid gamble system and a lot of cash shop content is designed that way, so when you're buying an item, you're actually buying a lotto ticket. And don't think CS content is cheap - quite the opposite.

2. regardless of the game feeding you all sorts of CS freebies via the noob boxes, you will be forced to charge your credit card if you want to keep playing. The prices are simpy put crazy! There's no way for a new player to get eveything he/she needs without touching the CS.

3. last, but not least: be prepared to deal with a publisher that doesn't give a damn about their players, powerless GMs (since the publisher can't alter game content, for every single little change they're forced to beg the Chinese devs to do it - and since the Western market is not their priority, nothing can be done most of the time) and weekly updates focused only on cash shop content (while notorious and critical bugs are still ignored - fix the damn Fort!)that destroy the feeble balance of the player tradings and drive the prices up.

It's really a shame, JD is an awesome game, but the devs and the publisher will kil it way ahead of time. I'm tired and sick of seeing this happening on and on...these guys don't seem to learn from the failure of other MMOs, do they?

• Wand3r3rWand3r3r Member UncommonPosts: 14

Thank you for the information. It helped me lots. Your opinion and others give me input about if this game worth downloading to play or not...

• Divmontru2Divmontru2 Member Posts: 5
    The fact the op said what he did in a very kind compliment sandwich is really really cool. Thanks for impressing upon us both/multiple sides of the issue. If I had $275 here and there like I used to putting into another couple games, I'd read this and be compelled to try it. Most amazing graphics/art in the screenies! If you mmo instead of going out to the bars it's not out of the question to pay about the same a.k.a. what some people think is ludicrous (who spend thousands updating gadgets to the next level incessantly)., as you would going out on the physical town. Less chance of getting squashed by a drunken driver, too. But I'd like to know in advance. Thanks!