Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is Evony 2.0

feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

So I got into Lord's Online beta after seeing the video on MMORPG.  I was like hmm this looks interesting and hey it kind of looks like Evony.  I don't know if this is officially Evony 2.0, but it must have been made by the same company because the UI is almost exacty the same, many of the images and graphics are the same, and much of the gameplay is the same.  This is not necessarily a bad thing since Evony was farely fun and Lord's Online improves on it in some ways.  Battles are more strategic and interesting, heroes play a large role and can be upgraded and are quite fun to play around with.  However in the end I decided to quit Lord's online after the first day before I got into it too much.  Evony required tons of my RL time and Lord's online will do the same.  It is not a game that you can play casually and survive in.

Comments

• mysticquemysticque Member UncommonPosts: 36

it does look like evony and featured almost evony stuff but with many variations of army units. its currently on CB so not many things work the way they should be.

[email protected]
    www.youtube.com/411mysticque

• leumasx7leumasx7 Member Posts: 218

i wonder if there going to have the false advertising too, like evony pop-up's and add's.

• Poker189010Poker189010 Member Posts: 1

This is definitely not a sequel of Evony. Yeah, both games look pretty much the same at first sight. But when you look further and really learn about the game(play) you see that LO is much more complex and, imho, much more fun to play. Hope to see more translations soon.

• leumasx7leumasx7 Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by Poker189010

This is definitely not a sequel of Evony. Yeah, both games look pretty much the same at first sight. But when you look further and really learn about the game(play) you see that LO is much more complex and, imho, much more fun to play. Hope to see more translations soon.

well spoken for a first time poster. *cough*

-EDIT: then again, for a browser game is does look pretty intriguing; As long as the company doesn't pull advertising like evony did and become fame through that, then their ok i guess.

• VypreVypre Member Posts: 180

Im not familiar with these types of games, but tried Lords a bit ago and some of the content was broke. I just started trying Lord of Ultima www.lordofultima.com/en

So anyone that is familiar with these types of games, im all ears to read why this one might or might not be more interesting.

Striving for Silver Stars since Gold is so effeminate.