Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got the trial, game doesn't start.

black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Hello folks; i have an annoying problem. I downloaded the game, created an account, paid for the trial and my game is patched but when i select my server (EU) and press play that little darkfall box pops up then there is a black window titled darkfall like the game's starting but then they are all gone and i'm staring at my pc like i didn't even start up the game, What do you think is the problem and if i contact support am i gonna get a reply fast?

Comments

• dembardembar Member Posts: 118

update drivers

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Sadly, my drivers are up to date.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

An interesting clue found here

"In your Regional and Language options, try changing your format options to English.".

Dunno maybe try to play around with resolution and / or try to login in windowed mode to see how it goes..

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

The region thing I have seen work for some people, so definitely try that.

If you send a ticket to http://support.darkfallonline.com/ just make sure to send your dxdiag with it. 

Thanks for your replies, i saw that thing with the region and language but i'm afraid it requries me to be in the game menu because at the options tab on the patcher there is no such option and i tried almost all combinations from there (winowed, different resolution etc.) I sent a ticket with my dxdiag attached, we'll see how it goes but if anyone has further suggestions please don't hestitate to reply :)

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by black_isle

Thanks for your replies, i saw that thing with the region and language but i'm afraid it requries me to be in the game menu because at the options tab on the patcher there is no such option and i tried almost all combinations from there (winowed, different resolution etc.) I sent a ticket with my dxdiag attached, we'll see how it goes but if anyone has further suggestions please don't hestitate to reply :)

For Windows XP:

"Region and Language" is a computer setting, not the game's setting.

Go to "Control Panel", "Region and Language". Under "Regional options" set the country to "English (United-States) and do the same under the "Advanced options" tab. This will require you to reset your computer, Press Apply and "Ok". If the computer does not restart, do it from the "Start" menu.

This should work.

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Originally posted by black_isle

For Windows XP:

"Region and Language" is a computer setting, not the game's setting.

Go to "Control Panel", "Region and Language". Under "Regional options" set the country to "English (United-States) and do the same under the "Advanced options" tab. This will require you to reset your computer, Press Apply and "Ok". If the computer does not restart, do it from the "Start" menu.

This should work.

Thank you very much for clearing that up! Now i'm in the starter town with my wolf-man :)

Thanks to all who tried to help also, take care :)