Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems with Customer Service @ SOE

JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

They have a new trick that I have mentioned in a just posted blog here and on my new Rodo Report. SOE is not sending out notices to banned customers but just changing their passwords in hoping that they go away.

Very Lazy and Unethical of them.No matter what the status of the account , the customer should have access to their personal and financial information.

Unaware of the Jestor?
http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

Comments

• ValkkeValkke Member Posts: 34

Wow...That is despicable. Seriously. I have been an SOE customer since 1998, and to learn that they're doing crap like that? Wow. Makes me glad I have avoided their games over the past few years.

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Do you have any further information? This seems like pretty big accusations.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Valkke
    Wow...That is despicable. Seriously. I have been an SOE customer since 1998, and to learn that they're doing crap like that? Wow. Makes me glad I have avoided their games over the past few years.

If they only did it to me as a Jestor Special , that would be one thing but I know of others that have had the very same treatment... Nasty.

Unaware of the Jestor?

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

Yes , I do - Please reread My OP for more information

Unaware of the Jestor?

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by JestorRodo

The info is not cited in the OP.  We can assume it is in your bolg.

This seems like a dirty little trick to get people to go to your blog.

Why not just site the source in the OP?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Could you at least summarize your blog? I mean no disrespect, but this does seem like an effort to get people to read your blog.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Shocked!  Shocked I say!

If this is true, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

There is a reason many will not do business with SoE, and it's stunts like this that prove they made the right decision, again if it's true.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Shocked!  Shocked I say!

If this is true, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

There is a reason many will not do business with SoE, and it's stunts like this that prove they made the right decision, again if it's true.

It is true, there are some screenshots lurking around these forums, should take a look.

Originally posted by MMOman101

The info is not cited in the OP.  We can assume it is in your blog.
    This seems like a dirty little trick to get people to go to your blog.
    Why not just site the source in the OP?

Now lighting a bag of do poo and ringing a doorbell is what I call a dirty little trick but to make it easier for you here is the url for the blog here

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/JestorRodo/032010/5831_The-Jestor-goes-to-Hell-to-make-a-Customers-Access-Point

Enjoy.

Unaware of the Jestor?

• JeroKanedeadJeroKanedead Member Posts: 81

Seeing your extreme hate against SOE.  I don't blame them giving you a permanent ban.

Why would they want a person like you as customer? A person who devotes (read waste) his entire life on a crusade against SOE.

Jer

• OthorOthor Member Posts: 14

I vote for shameless attempt to up your blog readers.  Kinda sad you can't give ANY type of specifics here in the thread you created about the problem that you say exists.  That simple facts means I would never read your blog or send anyone to it.

The Last two posters have missed the boat. This thread is about a new nasty Password trick that SOE is pulling on their customers. You are making it about me and my relationship with SOE. Please stay on topic or better yet don't post. Thanks

Unaware of the Jestor?

• JeroKanedeadJeroKanedead Member Posts: 81

The Last two posters have missed the boat. This thread is about a new nasty Password trick that SOE is pulling on their customers. You are making it about me and my relationship with SOE. Please stay on topic or better yet don't post. Thanks

What nasty trick is there? Your account is perma banned. So you are not allowed access to that account anymore.

Works in every other MMORPG like that.

Another MMORPG has a mechanic in place that doesn't let you log into your account anymore.

SOE just changes the password to block your access. Same result.

Big deal!  And seeing you were already banned on that exact same account before. I really cannot blame them.

That they resetted your password to give you access to that account again is rather suprising. But only proves the exact oposite in what you tried to achieve. In that Customer Support is actually helpful and forthcomming. And gave you perfect explanation.

What I really don't understand is. Why you even bother playing their games, when you hate them so much??

But I get it. You just wait each time when they offer come back promotions and than use that opportunity to start raging on their forums again. Hence, the reason of this latest perma ban!

Jer

No, you don't get it. NEXT!

Unaware of the Jestor?

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Esquire1980

I know your playing ST:O now, but................., I still can't believe you took up for Cryptic on the cut price and the 60 day additional.  Every decision I've seen come out of Cryptic reaks of desperation since launch.  The cut price and the 60 day additional, 90 day total, is nothing more than another desperation attempt at that magical 20 million from Atari on the sale.
    You know, don't you, that the President of Cryptic is John Smedley trained and approved?  Used to have an office right down the hall from Smed's.  If you expect any better than SOE out of Cryptic, good luck, you could very possibly need it.
    After all the canceled subs are counted in the next 90 - 180 days, it would not surprise me in the least to see an NGE, in ST:O, or worse.

HOLY OFF TOPIC!!! Personal grievance???

If you'd like to debate STO in this forum, I suggest you start your own thread, I'll be happy to contribute. But to throw this random attack out here is borderline crazy.

• trewintrewin Member Posts: 28

Take them to court again that will teach them.

Originally posted by JeroKane

What nasty trick is there? Your account is perma banned. So you are not allowed access to that account anymore.
    Works in every other MMORPG like that.
    Another MMORPG has a mechanic in place that doesn't let you log into your account anymore.
    SOE just changes the password to block your access. Same result.
    Big deal!  And seeing you were already banned on that exact same account before. I really cannot blame them.

You don't seem to understand...or maybe you really just don't care?!

I trust SoE with my personal and financial information each month ONLY to gain access their game - but my trust in them ends there. They don't "own" any of my personal information nor should they be allowed to lock me out of altering it as I see fit.

Just because I violate some TOS that gets me perma banned does not give SoE the right to hold my personal information hostage. Perma banning the account does NOT mean they should be allowed to block my access to alter the information contained within my account settings (email, credit card number etc).

Perma ban from the forums or the game, lock the account...but you can't accept that they can block you from deleting or altering your own personal data like the credit card numbers or email addresses. That is one slippery as hell slope and one I will not go down without fighting. It's purely WRONG!!! Especially if their greatest "security" trick is to just change your password...geezus lol.

God, I think about the forum f'ups where I'd click on a link and be in another users account (happened to me twice and many others). Yeah, SoE being trusted with personal info is simply not smart.

• kefkahkefkah Member UncommonPosts: 832

SOE finding innovative and unheard of ways to manipulate or abuse their relationship with customers? If there was a thread for that and it wasn't edited, removed, primrosed or hidden - it would give wikipedia a run for its money. And I don't buy the excuse that "every company does it" or the whole "go elsewhere and stop moaning" angle - that perspective creates a groupthink mentality that allows such things to happen and then happen again and again. With each issue that is raised, addressed or brought to light - it causes adherence or change or creates awareness in any event.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

They have a new trick that I have mentioned in a just posted blog here and on my new Rodo Report. SOE is not sending out notices to banned customers but just changing their passwords in hoping that they go away.
    Very Lazy and Unethical of them.No matter what the status of the account , the customer should have access to their personal and financial information.

So you are a banned customer who forgot his password and instead blames SOE for tricking you? :p

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Is this some kind of 'oh its written in a blog, so it must be true' kind of automatic reaction?

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Does something like this from SOE really suprise you anymore?  I've stated it a million times, SOE is Greedy.  They'll sell thier mothers into prostitution to make a buck.  I've heard of this from some of my friends.  They can't even access thier account in order to cancel thier subscriptions.  They had to call thier credit card company and stop payment on anything from SOE...it's lame, and should be illegal imho...

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by someforumguy

So you are a banned customer who forgot his password and instead blames SOE for tricking you? :p

How could forgetting a password to a game account prevent a company from sending out the email to inform a player that their account was banned, why it was banned and what appeal process is available to the customer?

I just don't see how the two have any relationship to each other.

Is this some kind of 'oh its written in a blog, so it must be true' kind of automatic reaction?

No not at all and no need to attack my post. It was more of a shocked reaction. Like I said I have been a customer since 1998 with SOE , and I still am to this day, just avoided their games since Vanguards sad demise. I have had my troubles with them before though, and I have had password troubles which seemed pretty fishy. I don't forget my passwords I just never brought it up before, nor had I any reason to bring it up in this forum.

Next time, you should post something with more depth and maybe also more on track with the actual point of the post.

Originally posted by Esquire1980

Man Tux, you must really like ST:O.  It is a shame I just can't agree with you.  (and I played Closed Beta, Open Beta, Pre-launch, and launch.
    Jestor made a thread referencing "The Rodo Report".  I replied on "The Rodo Report" which included ST:O, much to your surgrin, I guess.
    And btw, Truth is a defence.  No attack, just the truth.

Like I suggested, start another thread.

Originally posted by JestorRodo They have a new trick that I have mentioned in a just posted blog here and on my new Rodo Report. SOE is not sending out notices to banned customers but just changing their passwords in hoping that they go away.

So you are a forum troll who forgets his manners and instead Flames folks for the kicks?

Unaware of the Jestor?