Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which current MMORPG has the best graphics?

MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

Well? What game do you guys think has the best graphics?

OzGames

Comments

• CitiusCitius Member Posts: 69

Never played it but I would say Aion

However, I love the graphics of EVE 

Played: World of Warcraft (5Y), WarHammer (3M), Anarchy Online, Runescape (5+Y), Lord of the Rings Online, Runes of Magic, City of Heroes/Villains, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Fallen Earth (1M)

Currently Playing: Guild Wars
    Currently Trying: None
    Taking a Break From: EVE Online

• LiltawenLiltawen Member UncommonPosts: 245

Alot of new games have come out but I still think it's a toss up between Conan and LOTRO.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Lotro has good high-fantasy graphics.

AoC has good photorealistic (so called western) graphics.

Aion has good  manga "asian" graphics.

EVE has good "3D space" feel to it.

?

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

LOTRO and Age of Conan because of DirectX 10. But EvE comes in a close second. I would add TERA to the list but it's not out yet.

• EATtheDEADEATtheDEAD Member Posts: 207

Age of Conan has the best graphics by far.

LoTRo has good environmental graphics but the character graphics are hideous

Aion is good, but to anime for my tastes

--------------------------------------
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The force shall free me.
    -the Sith code

• Blank300Blank300 Member Posts: 62

I would have to say Everquest 2 Graphics over all, the weapons, armor sets look amazing, dungeons to monsters are really well rendered.

• CitiusCitius Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by EATtheDEAD

LoTRo has good environmental graphics but the character graphics are hideous

Agreed, hate the characters look.  The enviorment is pretty good but not the best imo

Played: World of Warcraft (5Y), WarHammer (3M), Anarchy Online, Runescape (5+Y), Lord of the Rings Online, Runes of Magic, City of Heroes/Villains, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Fallen Earth (1M)

Currently Playing: Guild Wars
    Currently Trying: None
    Taking a Break From: EVE Online

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Age of Conan hands down has the best graphics of any MMO I've ever played.

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by Blank300

I would have to say Everquest 2 Graphics over all, the weapons, armor sets look amazing, dungeons to monsters are really well rendered.

You must be kidding me...

The faces looks like plastic and the hair looks like toothpaste.

The animations are jerky and the armor sets looks bad overall.

The best graphics right now?

Aion without a doubt but it's a grinder.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• sanitysendsanitysend Member Posts: 123

runescape :p

Wildstar:
    Phantazm, Pago(PvP), Exiles

Guild: Socks with Sandals

Playing: Wildstar
    Retired/Tried: DCUO. The Secret World, Darkfall UW, Darkfall, Mortal Online, DDO, Rift, Fallen Earth, Aion, APB, EQ, EQ2, PoTBS, WoW, WAR, SWG, CoX, Vangaurd, CO, GW, EVE, DAoC, LotRO, SW:ToR, GW2, Dragon Nest

• Blank300Blank300 Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Mellow44

Originally posted by Blank300

You must be kidding me...

The faces looks like plastic and the hair looks like toothpaste.

The animations are jerky and the armor sets looks bad overall.

The best graphics right now?

Aion without a doubt but it's a grinder.

Then your computer must be a pile of crap, because the games graphics are amazing, and I don't recall hair looking like toothpaste LOL, unless your running older graphics. Upgrade your system try it out, and then come back and say if it's crap or not, each to their own. Yes I do agree Aions graphics are nice, from a anime point of view and if your into cartoons.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

I noticed your title says MMORPG, but post doesn't. So if not an MMORPG, then i'd go with DIRT 2.

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549
    Originally posted by Xondar123

Age of Conan hands down has the best graphics of any MMO I've ever played.

Ditto

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

I think LotRO still rules for landscapes but would agree the basic player character models are sub par...however once you get some decent armor on them and cover those models up they are a lot better.Aion and AoC battle it out for player model details I would give the animations to Aion IMO.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Age of Conan has the best looking graphics for me.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

AoC easily.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Aion IMO* considering it doesn't even feature DX10.

I have some good expectations for GW2 though, GW1 was my favorite game graphics-wise before Aion, and it will feature DX10 or maybe even 11.

* - Based on what my computer can run at acceptable frame rates, otherwise I'd say AoC or LOTRO. They're outdated though - DX11 is out already.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I don't get the Aion references. Other than the character models, which are nice, I find the the graphics in the game lackluster.

• Oblivi0nOblivi0n Member Posts: 58

Age Of Conan, the main city was incredible to look at.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Age of Conan is quite good overall though the stone structures feel odd and maybe a bit cardboardish for me. Still the overall visual quality might be the best. Old Tarantia is probably the best looking city in an MMO.

LOTRO has beautiful environmental graphics with nice colour schemes that lend its gameworld quite some immersive power. Though the character models are frankly horrible. 

Aion has nice character models (and animation) and the masonry looks beautiful (which makes the capital cities look really good), but the natural environment is really crude in places... And I mean low-budget F2P crude.

Having implemented new planet visuals, EVE really looks quite good now. They'd already redesigned the ship models before. The visuals feel coherent, have a certain style and I think represents the mood of the overall EVE experience quite well. 

The most impressive graphical engine at work in any MMO would be Cryengine2, utilized by Entropia Universe. The game is just not my kinda thing, but overall the graphics are remarkable - for an MMO.

• MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

Hmm, It's a shame that AoC curently has the best graphics out of all your point of views, I never really got into that game.. Guess it's not my kind of thing, I think the most notable MMORPG to lookout for graphics wise is TERA, from the videos seen at youtube the game looks amazing, also Entropia that uses cryengine2, but these are both upcomming MMOs.

OzGames

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

the game with the best graphics is clearly....

PONG!

its graphics are sooo advanced your system doesnt require mass upgrades to play it on max settings.

as well it doesnt cause any lag or streching across the screen.

and when you attack that little ball... you really attack it.. you dont get out of sync errors..

so honestly the game with the best graphics HAS TO BE PONG!! nothing beats pong unless its pong..

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Entropia released the cryengine 2 upgrade a while ago mysti...

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

Oups, Didn't realise xD

OzGames

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Fantasy graphics is AoC.  LotRO do not compare, as well as the others. . .unless perhaps ive smoked something odd.