Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is news truly news?

KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/250/guild-wars-2-developer-interview

A new interview, some interesting parts:

*There are multiple racial skills, which are weaker than profession skills. An example of a human skill is "Prayer to Kormyr," which "removes a condition but is a fair bit weaker than comparable skills provided by a profession specializing in condition removal."

*The original norn spirits remain (wurm, owl, etc.), but Bear, Wolf, Snow Leopard, and Raven have emerged as the most prominent.

*Asura live 5-10% longer than humans. Vekk is dead, as "physics choked back."

*Multiple professions will have access to the same weapons (e.g. bow), but weapons are restricted by profession.

*The Flame Legion elected one of their own, Gaheron Baelfire, as "God."

*Building a player community while incorporating persistence is a goal.

*Guild membership is based a the character, not an account.

*guilds holding keeps in World vs World

*we’re introducing features like a guild calendar to make meeting and coordinating across time zones easier, and participating in guild chat from any web browser so you can stay in touch even when you can’t play.

Comments

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

I dont hope that was the early 2010 news they promised....

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Very much hoping that World vs World battles will be pretty exciting. Now how about those official classes ArenaNet . ;)

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

this feature: "participating in guild chat from any web browser so you can stay in touch even when you can’t play."
    has it been done before in an mmorpg?
    i hope they add ingame voice chat too

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by illyana

this feature: "participating in guild chat from any web browser so you can stay in touch even when you can’t play."

has it been done before in an mmorpg?

i hope they add ingame voice chat too

Actually, Anarchy Online had something similar all the way back in 2001. You could chat with people who were in game, while you were not. I believe it was done via IRC, but don't remember the details. Someone else might be able to elaborate.

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

Aaaand some more clarifications on some points:

* Having characters in more than one guild is optional, not mandatory.

* All characters in a guild on the same account are considered to be one member when showing up on the guild list.

* Additional characters will not require an additional invite to join the same guild as another character on the account.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

WOOT,, Told you all.

We are getting new classes. I already told yall the new classes, but none of yall wanted to listen, and wanted to continue to believe the original classes were returning.

But all of them arnt.

Gunner- Like the name says.

Knight- holy Warrior oriented class. New Tank Class

Shadow Knight- Unholy Knight class. New Tank class

Druid- new Pet class, and archer. New Healer class

Ranger- same as before

Cleric- healer. armored(Shield or gear wise)

Golemancer- New Pet Class/ Caster class

Assassin- same as before

Necromancer- returning class but with new twist. caster, and anti caster class replacing Mesmer and Ritulist

------------------------------------------------------

Knights have a attack

Leap of Fath- leap through the air, closing the distance between you and the enemy, and striking the target for (X) Holy Damage.

----------------------------------------

Racials will have their own Mini Bar. It functions similar to the Action Deck mechanics of the first game's action bar.

------------------------------------------

Seems like ANET does want to make GW2 more WoW like.

Guild Achievments, and Guild Calendar ?? Wow,,, i mean WoW.  LOL

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437
    Originally posted by tro44_1

WOOT,, Told you all.

We are getting new classes. I already told yall the new classes, but none of yall wanted to listen, and wanted to continue to believe the original classes were returning.
    But all of them arnt.

Ranger- same as before
    Assassin- same as before
    Necromancer- returning class but with new twist. caster, and anti caster class replacing Mesmer and Ritulist

Knights have a attack
    Leap of Fath- leap through the air, closing the distance between you and the enemy, and striking the target for (X) Holy Damage.
    Racials will have their own Mini Bar. It functions similar to the Action Deck mechanics of the first game's action bar.

What are you talking about..no interwiev has said there is going to be those classes you mentioned. Just cause another mmorpg add something WoW already has or that is simillar to something WoW has doesnt mean it sucks..im tired of your shit.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

WOOT,, Told you all.

But all of them arnt.

Ranger- same as before
    Assassin- same as before

Knights have a attack

Do you live in your own alternate world?

Originally posted by arenasb

WOOT,, Told you all.

But all of them arnt.

Ranger- same as before
    Assassin- same as before

Knights have a attack

Do you live in your own alternate world?

yup, and soon we all will be to in Guild Wars with the new Server system (wink) lol

• redOrcredOrc Member Posts: 100

WOOT,, Told you all.

But all of them arnt.

Ranger- same as before
    Assassin- same as before

Knights have a attack

I want what youre smoking

• TheNitewolfTheNitewolf Member Posts: 102

WOOT,, Told you all.

But all of them arnt.

Ranger- same as before
    Assassin- same as before

Knights have a attack

You sure you didn't want your nick to read tro11_4?

My Signature

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

WOOT,, Told you all.

But all of them arnt.

Ranger- same as before
    Assassin- same as before

Knights have a attack

Dude, put the glue away. It's not good for you.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

You know what. Funny thing about this community,

is that they enrage at any form of an Idea from WoW to be added to GW, and they call it stupid ideas and such,

but once ANET says they will do it, that same community shuts up and starts liking the idea.

Clearly ANET is making GW2 much more WoW like. Yet I see less and Less people complaing about it, that there once were. Once more and more info came out, the WoW idea hate slows down.

Why is that?

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

is that they enrage at any form of an Idea from WoW to be added to GW, and they call it stupid ideas and such,
    but once ANET says they will do it, that same community shuts up and starts liking the idea.
    Clearly ANET is making GW2 much more WoW like. Yet I see less and Less people complaing about it, that there once were. Once more and more info came out, the WoW idea hate slows down.
    Why is that?

before jumping to the conclussion that we are actual have something like like WoW ideas, i would like to point at that a lot of things just goes with the shift from a total instanced world to a persistent world. If you add the premise that it had to be No Montly fee aswell, the range of options is narroved alot down.

I don't see its clear at all  that GW2 is getting WoW like , but its getting Persistant world like, and with that like alot of the other MMO's out there.

I think the situation is actual more that people don't have information enough at all yet, and therefor its still easy to adabt to any vaque info that is out yet. More or less the same happend all the way in the WAR hype spin.

With that said i find that an interesting angel on what the developers is doing, is looking at what they might have learned from the failed attempts from big studios to compete with WoW the last years.

What is going to be the addictive part?

Originally posted by jondifool

Why is that?

before jumping to the conclussion that we are actual have something like like WoW ideas, i would like to point at that a lot of things just goes with the shift from a total instanced world to a persistent world. If you add the premise that it had to be No Montly fee aswell, the range of options is narroved alot down.

I don't see its clear at all  that GW2 is getting WoW like , but its getting Persistant world like, and with that like alot of the other MMO's out there.

I think the situation is actual more that people don't have information enough at all yet, and therefor its still easy to adabt to any vaque info that is out yet. More or less the same happend all the way in the WAR hype spin.

With that said i find that an interesting angel on what the developers is doing, is looking at what they might have learned from the failed attempts from big studios to compete with WoW the last years.

What is going to be the addictive part?

Well bascially you were getting into my next point.

These fans hate on ideas from WoW only when ANET hasnt annouced it yet. But they have a change of mind once ANET say they are doing it.

Well why is their hate for these ideas anyway? Cause WoW has them?

But doesnt WoW get those same ideas from other games as well? So wouldnt a fan that hates WoW ideas, basically be limiting GW2 from getting any good features that other games also share?

How is that a good thing?

Iam going to use a extreme example, so not to be taken seriously~~~

WoW has Keep Siege World PvP. So Would it be wrong for me to suggest the same thing for GW2?  Fans fuss, but days later ANET comes out with new info that GW2 will have Keep Sieges in GW2 World PvP,, but now those same fans who enraged before, seem perfectly fine with the idea now. Why now?

WoW has Auction Houses, so should we not have AH in GW2 just because WoW has it. Doesnt other MMORPG games older then WoW also have AH? So why hate on such a idea because WoW has it? Does WoW hate blind people that much?

Not to totally bash GW2 fanbase or anything, but I also seen this same thing with the Warhammer Fanbase back in Beta. Only DIfference was War's Developers were more into doing a anti-WoW format as well so they listened to the fanbase, which killed Warhammer with the Anti-WoW format. Really, just look at Warhamemr. How different cant they expect to make Warhammer from WoW?

And just glad to ANET not take that stupid path of trying to design a Anti-WoW formatted MMORPG. that never works. Fans will enjoy ideas as long as it comes out the Developer's mouth. So ANET simply needs to just ignore all the "I hate WoW, so dont add (X) if it is in WoW" comments. They only kill the future MMOs out there. and ANET has learned this it seem. Yet other Developers continue to go down the wrong path.

Why is that?

It has nothing to do with WoW. It has everything to do with you making up things to fit into your game. All of that stuff you spouted earlier is a total fabrication with only your imagination providing the source. In essence, you are seeing Dragons out of Windmills.

Why is that?

It has nothing to do with WoW. It has everything to do with you making up things to fit into your game. All of that stuff you spouted earlier is a total fabrication with only your imagination providing the source. In essence, you are seeing Dragons out of Windmills.

You are changing the subject. yes those classes are my sepulations, but that doesnt change the fact the ANET is including more and more WoW like features to GW2 which many people were enraged at that kind of thing before ANET announced they were doing it anyway.

After ANET said they will do it, it seem perfectly fine to the same WoW bashing fans afterward. Why is that?

The point iam getting at, is it is silliy to do the "I hate this idea because WoW has it"

Because as you can see, fans have no problem with the idea once developers annouce they will do it. Dont limit GW2 from getting good ideas other games have just because you hate that game. Its all about how the Current Developers handle developing the idea to fit their game.

Example~~

How many MMORPG games have Paladin archetype classes?Does that mean the developers Copy Pasted the Class from other games straight into their game? No!  They all fit the game they in, and all play different.

Point: Dont hate on a feature just because you hate another game. ANET can add a Crafting system and Gathering system, and no telling, it could be much more fun then other games. you never know.

We don't hate features, we don't hate WoW, we hate you. You are an irrational, insulting and increasingly irritating person. You are a disrupting force in these forums and I fail to understand why would you engage in such behavior. -Have too much time in your hands? Low self esteem? (cliché, I admit)

You make ridiculous connections from the smallest of things without any rationalization behind it. You refuse to hear the voice of reason every single time. When you see that you've been utterly beaten intellectually, you fade away from the thread and start someplace else with a new absurd claim and conclusion.

Since Zorndorf, my favorite troll, has been quite inactive as of late, I'm beginning to think that dear Zorn has made a new account and started all over again. I'm meaning you ofcourse. Even if you are not him ("he" is a very reasonable assumption) you cannot evade the fact that you do troll on these forums.

Originally posted by Quirhid

We don't hate features, we don't hate WoW, we hate you. You are an irrational, insulting and increasingly irritating person. You are a disrupting force in these forums and I fail to understand why would you engage in such behavior. -Have too much time in your hands? Low self esteem? (cliché, I admit)
    You make ridiculous connections from the smallest of things without any rationalization behind it. You refuse to hear the voice of reason every single time. When you see that you've been utterly beaten intellectually, you fade away from the thread and start someplace else with a new absurd claim and conclusion.
    Since Zorndorf, my favorite troll, has been quite inactive as of late, I'm beginning to think that dear Zorn has made a new account and started all over again. I'm meaning you ofcourse. Even if you are not him ("he" is a very reasonable assumption) you cannot evade the fact that you do troll on these forums.

You call me a troll. But what is a troll?

If I dont agree with people bashing ideas just because it comes from WoW, that makes me a troll?

Well ANet has joined me in the concept of a troll, and iam glad of it. Mystic I guess wanted to not become a troll like Anet and I, and in the end it bit them in the hinny.

I support the idea of games shareing Ideas rather then just rejecting it because the fanbase hates a certain game.

Anet has come out the box. Since WoW came out, no other game other then the lower ranked developers have ever enbraced the idea of "Taking whats good in other games, and changing and making it better, and putting it into their game"

no other AAA developer has done this since WoW came out. And they all flop back in their face after the hype leaves. Anet has been the only big development that hasnt went the rout of Anti-WoW for their new MMORPG (GW2).

tro44,

The only one talking about WoW and comparisons to it is you. Why do you even bring this up? It's a non-issue except apparently to you.

tro44,
    The only one talking about WoW and comparisons to it is you. Why do you even bring this up? It's a non-issue except apparently to you.

You are avoiding the question.

Clearly iam sure you have seen the poster of this forum revoke into defensive mode on any idea similar to something WoW has.

(Remember the Mount Tread?)

but then again, Anet has already stated many similar features that WoW has. Anet has even added lore to GW2 that is inspired from WoW's lore. Yet nobody talks down on that. But they instead talk down on mechanics similar to WoW?

Seems silly to me

You are making a lot of leaps there that aren't fact. For example, what similarities are there in lore? And what features are similar? Or is this an Avatar situation.

WOOT,, Told you all.

But all of them arnt. Speculation

Gunner- Like the name says. Speculation
    Knight- holy Warrior oriented class. New Tank Class Speculation
    Shadow Knight- Unholy Knight class. New Tank class Speculation
    Druid- new Pet class, and archer. New Healer class Speculation
    Ranger- same as before Probable but Speculation
    Cleric- healer. armored(Shield or gear wise) Speculation
    Golemancer- New Pet Class/ Caster class Speculation
    Assassin- same as before Quite possible, but still Speculation
    Necromancer- returning class but with new twist. caster, and anti caster class replacing Mesmer and Ritulist Speculation

Knights have a attack
    Leap of Fath- leap through the air, closing the distance between you and the enemy, and striking the target for (X) Holy Damage. This "attack skill" with the leap might be real but the "Holy damage" bit is from your own imagination
    Racials will have their own Mini Bar. It functions similar to the Action Deck mechanics of the first game's action bar. Speculation
    Guild Achievments, and Guild Calendar ?? Wow,,, i mean WoW.  LOL Why not more WAR like, hmm? Nobody gives a damn. Guild achievements would have been next in line after personal achievements anyway and guild calendar is just a handy tool that any game can have without being WoW-like.

Most of your class and armor related speculation comes from consept art and the trailers. Someone even pointed out to you that the concept art you were watching was from GW:EotN. You simply do not know if they are true. A fact is, Anet has stated that armors are not class-specific anymore. Therefore there might (only might) be a chance for example a necromancer to wear armor.

Since information about game mechanics have not been released, every conclusion you have made mechanics-wise is void. Not to mention your speculations are over-reaching to say the least.

Do you not see why people treat you as they do?