Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Info Milking Thread

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Post here any info you have milked over hte months from ether the art or the videos for GW2.

(Yes, Concept art has a chance of not being in the game, but that never hurts to still look into it for Developer's intrest)

-------------------------

Iall start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCehYrEbO0

@ 3:32 check out the guy with what appears to be a new melee weapon.

2Hander Axes? Pikes?

---------------------

4:10 CHECK OUT THE CHAR's SHoulders

I never looked at the current GW Models for the animations before,

but notice that Char's Shoulder seem to move independant from the chest. Shoulder armor now?

--------------------

4:18

Necromancer making a return? along side armored necromancer?

---------------

4:22

Scouts? Assassin + Ranger Bows?? New Merge class?

Is that the new Stealth?

======================================================================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sVaCzGFyzA

@0:31   New Knight class? and wtf New Mechanics with weapon system? Notice he doesnt have a Shield but seem to be using 1hander sword. WTF up with that? SPOOKY!!! LOL

-------------------------------

0:33  is this how Cities truely will be? Will they be Instanced? Seems like they will be Small, but with Larger background pictures to give the fealling of a large area. Least ANET worries about our immersion factors.

Also notice the Actionnier person on the far right.

WTF while he running, notice he doesnt have a Weapon in the City!!!! Again this seems to clue that Cities are Instanced again but bigger then before.

------------------------

0:40   I heard rumor of a Parate class. Could that be it in the mid? (Also seems to be on the far right @ 0:41.

And behind him a Gladiator class like "Cough" Aion "Cough" ?

Like the women dresses. Looks sexy. Do you think we will have Role Playing gear like WoW does?

-----------------------------

0:42

NEW GEAR SLOTS?

Tabard and Belt gear?

---------------------

0:51

New Weapons 2Hander Sword gameplay with the guy at the top with the red on

----------

1:01

Oh shit, notice the red clothy in the back. is he bare armed? not even caster weapon? Seem strange

-------------

1:30 Is that Charr jump a  Skill or just a simple jump? Cause damn that was high LOL. might be a racial or something. Cause seem OP.

1:32 got a badd ass 2hander sword. Check that shit out.

1:33 OH SHIT!!! Pause there, Check out them FIST WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn BTW the spin move looks sweet on that charr in slow motion. lol

Again, anybody else noticing how for some reason the melee fighters are fighting with single hand Axes but no shields and no off hand weapons. Wow strange. maybe new mechanics for combat or the class gear restrictions kicking in?

---------------------------------------

2:02 Norn with 2hander sword. At the right.

2:07 check out that Lighting effect animations. Storm cloud. I wonder if we will get Ground Targeting mechanics this time around.

2:08 Cleric Class at bottom ? Melee Shielded Clothy,,,,,,? Strange combo. Also notice its whielding 1hander mace. (DnD cleric? )

----------------------------------

2:08 also Shows we can Melee and Move at the same time now. Check the top part of the video.

------------------------------

2:10 seems to be showing that Leap Attack that I notice the Knights using throughout the video. He at the bottom

-------------

2:23 Golem Master ? Golem seem confussed LOL.

---------------------

2:41 Asura Ranger at the top.

-----------------------

2:55 Sylvari Druid?

--------------------

3:25 Again the Leaping Strike by the Knight class again.

----------------

3:25 At the Top.. Notice the Strong Freezing CC spell.

---------------

3:28 Charr Shadow Knight leap strike attack.

also notice that purple flying orb. Did he just take that soul? Is that a new combat system mechanic or something for the mouse? Notice how it flys from one enemy to the next.

------------------------

3:31 damn cheak out the range of the Wolf pet's attacks. WTF?

----------------------

3:32 Oh Crap!!! Looks like the old Dagger dual wielding system is back. Sylvari in the front is dual wielding a PARE OF SIMIALAR LOOKING DAGGERS,,, Early before the Charr with the Fist Weapons apper to been dual wielding Fist Weapons with the same model as well. I hope this changes. I want to mix and match weapon models when I dual wield.

------------

3:32 ALSO NOTICE    TANKING?? Why isnt the boss attacking clothys, but instead a armored Shield wielding Knight??

-----------------

3:36 Is that Centar wielding a Trident? Umm Interesing

-----------------------

3:53  All the different Bow Wielding Classes? 

Comments

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Post here any info you have milked over hte months from ether the art or the videos for GW2.
    (Yes, Concept art has a chance of not being in the game, but that never hurts to still look into it for Developer's intrest)
    -------------------------
    Iall start.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCehYrEbO0
    @ 3:32 check out the guy with what appears to be a new melee weapon.
    2Hander Axes? Pikes?
    ---------------------
    4:10 CHECK OUT THE CHAR's SHoulders
    I never looked at the current GW Models for the animations before,
    but notice that Char's Shoulder seem to move independant from the chest. Shoulder armor now?
    --------------------
    4:18
    Necromancer making a return? along side armored necromancer?
    ---------------
    4:22
    Scouts? Assassin + Ranger Bows?? New Merge class?
    Is that the new Stealth?
    ======================================================================
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sVaCzGFyzA
    @0:31   New Knight class? and wtf New Mechanics with weapon system? Notice he doesnt have a Shield but seem to be using 1hander sword. WTF up with that? SPOOKY!!! LOL
    -------------------------------
    0:33  is this how Cities truely will be? Will they be Instanced? Seems like they will be Small, but with Larger background pictures to give the fealling of a large area. Least ANET worries about our immersion factors.
    Also notice the Actionnier person on the far right.

WTF while he running, notice he doesnt have a Weapon in the City!!!! Again this seems to clue that Cities are Instanced again but bigger then before.
    ------------------------
    0:40   I heard rumor of a Parate class. Could that be it in the mid? (Also seems to be on the far right @ 0:41.
    And behind him a Gladiator class like "Cough" Aion "Cough" ?
    Like the women dresses. Looks sexy. Do you think we will have Role Playing gear like WoW does?
    -----------------------------
    0:42
    NEW GEAR SLOTS?
    Tabard and Belt gear?
    ---------------------
    0:51
    New Weapons 2Hander Sword gameplay with the guy at the top with the red on
    ----------
    1:01
    Oh shit, notice the red clothy in the back. is he bare armed? not even caster weapon? Seem strange
    -------------
    1:30 Is that Charr jump a  Skill or just a simple jump? Cause damn that was high LOL. might be a racial or something. Cause seem OP.
    1:32 got a badd ass 2hander sword. Check that shit out.
    1:33 OH SHIT!!! Pause there, Check out them FIST WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn BTW the spin move looks sweet on that charr in slow motion. lol
    Again, anybody else noticing how for some reason the melee fighters are fighting with single hand Axes but no shields and no off hand weapons. Wow strange. maybe new mechanics for combat or the class gear restrictions kicking in?
    ---------------------------------------
    2:02 Norn with 2hander sword. At the right.
    2:07 check out that Lighting effect animations. Storm cloud. I wonder if we will get Ground Targeting mechanics this time around.
    2:08 Cleric Class at bottom ? Melee Shielded Clothy,,,,,,? Strange combo. Also notice its whielding 1hander mace. (DnD cleric? )
    ----------------------------------
    2:08 also Shows we can Melee and Move at the same time now. Check the top part of the video.
    ------------------------------
    2:10 seems to be showing that Leap Attack that I notice the Knights using throughout the video. He at the bottom
    -------------
    2:23 Golem Master ? Golem seem confussed LOL.
    ---------------------
    2:41 Asura Ranger at the top.
    -----------------------
    2:55 Sylvari Druid?
    --------------------
    3:25 Again the Leaping Strike by the Knight class again.
    ----------------
    3:25 At the Top.. Notice the Strong Freezing CC spell.
    ---------------
    3:28 Charr Shadow Knight leap strike attack.
    also notice that purple flying orb. Did he just take that soul? Is that a new combat system mechanic or something for the mouse? Notice how it flys from one enemy to the next.
    ------------------------
    3:31 damn cheak out the range of the Wolf pet's attacks. WTF?
    ----------------------
    3:32 Oh Crap!!! Looks like the old Dagger dual wielding system is back. Sylvari in the front is dual wielding a PARE OF SIMIALAR LOOKING DAGGERS,,, Early before the Charr with the Fist Weapons apper to been dual wielding Fist Weapons with the same model as well. I hope this changes. I want to mix and match weapon models when I dual wield.
    ------------
    3:32 ALSO NOTICE    TANKING?? Why isnt the boss attacking clothys, but instead a armored Shield wielding Knight??
    -----------------
    3:36 Is that Centar wielding a Trident? Umm Interesing
    -----------------------
     3:53  All the different Bow Wielding Classes? 

1) Yea, new weapons rock

2) I've seen the artbook which has armour sketches on Character and I'm pretty sure shoulders will still be a part of chest armour

3) I would be suprised if they didn't return. They've also anounced a light/medium/heavy armour system so this might be a necro in heavy armour

4) Looks like an npc character to me, plus rangers always wore roguish armour.

5) Warriors had the option to wear knights armour since GW I. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the weapon since it's concept art(there was concept art of a dual wielding warrior for GWI)

6) I do hope cities will be larger than in GWI. I don't think cities will be instanced, but it looks like they will be a separated where you can't wield weapons or use skills like in GWI

7) Pirate armour=Mesmer, Gladiator Armour=Warrior, Dresses were used as combat armour before, did you even play GWI?

8) I think tabards will be either an equivalent or a replacement for capes. There've always been belts in GW, and I doubt they will be a unique slot

9) I'm glad we finally get to have two handed swords and axes

10) I think they all have swords, but I could be wrong

11) Pretty sure that's a skill, to met it looks like an assasin type of attack. Later in the video we see the human do a jump-attack too so I doubt it's racial. Racial skills are also confirmed to be weaker than regular ones

12) see 9)

13) It does indeed look pretty nice, I'm hoping for ground targeting

14) All it does is showing us a clothed character in melee, it's not the first time Anet showed us wacky builds

15) I don't see it, you could be right

16) The fact that it's used by a Norn who's obviously no knight doesn't work to your advantage

17) I'm pretty sure summoning gollems was confirmed as an Asura racial

18) Yes

19) That's Caithe who wields two daggers throughout the rest of the trailer, pretty much screams assassin

20) It looks like the Warrior cyclone skill got a new animation, nice

21) You can't deduce it's a CC spell as it doesn't hit anything... It's not illogical to think it will have some sort of slowdown effect though

22) To me it's a warrior in a black dyed armour. The purple effect just shows us that he's using a speedboost

23) Probably a graphical bug, looks unintended to me

24) yeah she's using a set of daggers, I'm afraid there's no mixing weapons involved

25) I sincerely hope this is not the case, then again it only shows us a few seconds of the fight

26) Looks like it, hope we can get our hands on it, but it's wielded by a npc and it's just concept art

27) No, one of them is the human protagonist who's obviously warrior(or Knight in your opinion)  They probably need a bow as to actually reach the worm because he's in the water

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall I think you draw conclusions a bit early but at this point a lot is possible

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

gotta remember Gear will be Class restricted just like Weapons. Just multiple classes share the same gear restrictions like tradional MMORPGs.

And the Clothy was using a 1hander Mace. Which is new since Hammers were 2hander weapons only in GW1 remember?

And summoning a Golem seem OP for a racial. I believe that will be a Class related pet.

Also Remember Classes arnt restricted to races. ANET pointed that out a while ago. So I see no reason a Norn cant be a knight.

Even the Art shows a Human Golem Master. So I would assume in my opinion that Golems arent Asura only type of thing

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

gotta remember Gear will be Class restricted just like Weapons. Just multiple classes share the same gear restrictions like tradional MMORPGs.
    And the Clothy was using a 1hander Mace. Which is new since Hammers were 2hander weapons only in GW1 remember?
    And summoning a Golem seem OP for a racial. I believe that will be a Class related pet.

Also Remember Classes arnt restricted to races. ANET pointed that out a while ago. So I see no reason a Norn cant be a knight.

Even the Art shows a Human Golem Master. So I would assume in my opinion that Golems arent Asura only type of thing

Show this art, I've never seen it.

Knight? Are you confusing that with a warrior?

That concept art is just showing you a size comparison.

Yeah he's using a mace, so?

You're reasoning for calling the human warrior a knight is because of his armour, since the the Norn "knight" doesn't wear knightish armour(and gear will be restricted to classes, like you said) that kinds of destroys your theory

Originally posted by arenasb

That concept art is just showing you a size comparison.

And it was made for Eye of the North

Originally posted by Kwintpod

You're reasoning for calling the human warrior a knight is because of his armour, since the the Norn "knight" doesn't wear knightish armour(and gear will be restricted to classes, like you said) that kinds of destroys your theory

And what will make a Norn Knight different from a Human Knight if all classes arnt race restricted.

I do not understand your argument

Edit: here some art for different classes I assume.

For this picture, notice the weapon. Seem to be a ranged blunt weapon. May suggest whips and chain whips or something. This was labled Pirate.

Iam still wondering if the Heavy Armor/Medium Armor/Light Armor was a place holder or litural.

Anybody know which interview that was?

And what will make a Norn Knight different from a Human Knight if all classes arnt race restricted.

He is saying you are calling it a knight due to how the armor looks. Really what you are calling a knight is just a warrior. There is no new class involved here, it is a warrior, fighter, knight if you want to call it that, it is the same thing.

Edit: you are posting concept art of different armor for a warrior. I mean the last one looks like the gladiator armor and the 2nd looks similar to the plate mail armor set in GW.

He is saying you are calling it a knight due to how the armor looks. Really what you are calling a knight is just a warrior. There is no new class involved here, it is a warrior, fighter, knight if you want to call it that, it is the same thing.

Edit: you are posting concept art of different armor for a warrior. I mean the last one looks like the gladiator armor and the 2nd looks similar to the plate mail armor set in GW.

Could be a Warrior.

But seem strange for Anet to change the item system, but have it only effect all lower armored class.

because your argument seems to suggest that there will be only a single heavy armor class.

I dont believe this to be the case. IMO there will be multiple new heavy armor classes in GW2. Art already suggest that. I have seen mutiple Winged armor Warrior classes and darker armored Warrior classes.  With armor shared, they could both be the same class, or in fact different classes.

speculation is all it is. IMO there most likely will be new classes in GW2. and new mechanics. Like the Jump strike that the Knights seem to be using.

Also I have seen multiple art to suggest a Druid archetype class.

Seems kinda OP for the Asura to have a Golem for a Racial (UNLESS)

the Companions are Race related instead of Class related.

Look at the trent in the pic above. Will Companions be race related or is that a class thing?

That is concept art for the sylvari.

That is concept art for the sylvari.

yes I know this. But notice the big thing behind him compared to this picture

Again a big monster Ally NPC behind him.

Could these be the companions?

Is the Companion System race related or Class oriented? Maybe this is a Pet?

Well those are questions we'll have to wait for answers for. ANet seems to be pretty tight lipped this year so far.

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

I think the races will have different companions if they choose to control something and the classes will have different names aswell.

So for a sylvari they call it Druid? Controls big plants from the forrest.

Asura is called a Golemmancer. Controls robots.

Human Necromancer? Controls undead creatures.

Charr Firearm Specialist? Controls ballistas or something.

Norn Spirit communicater xD? Controls animals in spirit form. (Ritualist?)

Also I have seen multiple art to suggest a Druid archetype class.
    Seems kinda OP for the Asura to have a Golem for a Racial (UNLESS)
    the Companions are Race related instead of Class related.
    Look at the trent in the pic above. Will Companions be race related or is that a class thing?

That's a Sylvari of the nighmare court, an evil Sylvari faction, and confirmed as non-playable