Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Empire (Forsaken World) -possible blockbuster mmo of 2010

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by pencilrick

Originally posted by Yuui

Official(CH) Website: http://shenmo.wanmei.com/

(CH)Closed Beta in: First half of 2010

CGI Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2EMHuZvDM

So, let's start with beginning.
    There were a lot of rumors flying around for at least a year now and a few months ago, with the leaked screenshots, the fact was confirmed - PWE, the makers of Perfect World and its clones(JD, ES, Kung FOO) are developing a new game, which might as well shake up the current mmorpg market pretty hard.
    At that time, all that those interested in Project EM(the codename for the game) knew was that it had was one leaked screenshot and the fact that it would be some sort of western-mythology-themed mmo.
    Now, with the official opening(sort of) of official chinese website a lot of new facts came into light.

For first - Features:

- Chronological Player-Driven storyline - Every player will be able to impact greatly on appearance of the world and the gameplay itself. Almost each decision will change the world as we know, so if you go inactive - do not be surprised to find a totally different world and game, the next month you login.

- Great variety of races and classes - THe game will offer five races based on real historical regions of Egypt, Greece, Europe, Babylon and Mayan lands. It will also offer total of 8(or 10, the current information is conflicting on this matter) different classes, each differing in gameplay and capabilities.

- Persistent World Effects(Also known as Glistering World) - unlike in other mmos, the world of Project EM will be greatly affected by events happening in it - When strong bosses appear, they will send a meteor showers thorough the world, burn trees, freeze the lakes or wither the grass they walk on. And they are not limited to that. The same goes for Gods, whose appearance will be felt by entire world - blessing those who worship them and instilling fear to the infidels...

- Divinity- Ever wished to be a divine being with thousands of followers and absolute control over your domain? in Project EM, 10 players per server will be able to achieve a status of a God, with different abilities, philosophies, enemies and allies. And no, its not a class. Its real(well, almost) godhood, with others becoming your followers and you having a total control over the Divine Realms you created, according to your will. Of course being a God also will have a great deal of burdens being put on your shoulders, so only those ready to bear the responsibilities, should accept the position...

- Soul and Reflex System(also known as 3D Soul) - The PK system will be reinvented too. Each player will have weakpoints, hitting those will differently affect him. For example your enemy can take away your soul, increasing his own power and weakening yours...

- Wars in the sky - No more guild-war based maps! All the guild combat will happen in one big map, full of Ancient floating bases(with their own defense systems and etc), introducing a whole new level of combat and strategy(as each base can, literally, relocate somewhere else).

- A whole new level of art and details - PWE is employing and hiring high-quality designers for this game and only accepting the best of best.

So that sums up known features.
    Now onto Screenshots and concept art.
    Concept art:

Concept art can be found there
    Screenshots:

--------------------------------------

So far this has really piqued my interest(alongside Secret World and few other 2010 games). Any opinions? Any News?

This game sounds like crap; every design feature Western players DON'T want.  Only the graphics are up to par, and that's not enough.

rick did you even view the link i posted it sums up a lot of feature.graphic will be better then pwi ,dont know if your computer can generate the graphic of a psychic in pperfect world but you should look at them you see it is stuff not many company put in their game.and to put a perspective on thing they did that on a what 4 -5 years old perfect world.

believe me you will want to whatch this game,plus insanelly intelligent AI.some the footage of beta and player were scrating their head.we dont even speak about dongeon boss yet!

to put this game on a negative light before you have even played it would be premature i think ,most gamer i have seen that saw those stream or read here had a lot of question for the game maker!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I do not like the GOD status a proven fail in other games,a VERY bad idea.

I applaud the soul idea for being unique,but over all it sounds dumb,again i don't like it.

Worst part of all?PVP,that ruins all RPG's,as you can see from screenshots,the maps are just going to be your normal RPG type maps,not designed around PVP what so ever.

Wars in the sky?Guild combat,again it sounds lie they are stretching too far into the unique idea,i don't like the sounds of that combat at all.

The rest of the ideas sound cool on paper,they would at least be worth checking out.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

A lot of New features revealed:
    http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2010/02/forsaken-world-features-pt-3.html

For starters, according to your birthdate you will be able to get various "blessings" from the primordial gods every hour. The Blessings range from exp and buffs to exclusive quests and items.

Then there's the "elite monsters" - These are slightly different versions of normal monsters, who spawn randomly in the map. If you are lucky enough to encounter and defeat one - you will be rewarded with a special untradeable stone(you also get them from certain quests, dungeons, etc). These stones can be exchanged for "Armor Sets" - An unique versions of noral armors, with randomly generated set bonuses. These armor sets look unique(and are not just "recolored versions" of some other armor).

Trading System - sort of "Silkroad"/"ANNO game series"/"Patrician game series" like system. There are various trade items you can acquire both from npcs, quests and monsters - Their prices are different in different regions and trading posts and the prices change according to how much of each item is "bought/sold" in the region. So one might go and try to make money by runing caravans from one place to another

And more info on refining - The "refine stones" come in two qualities - the fine version and the broken version. Aside from dungeons you can also obtain these stones by doing quests(who are quite original as noted in the ling above. For example you challenge an npc to a race)

Also everyone is encouraged to go to that link as there are a lot of new screenshots there(And I am kind of happy that so far clothes look like clothes and not like something from sex shop, like in, hm, Tera)

Oh and: Chinese Beta begins March 25, till then we will surely get to see the english website :3

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• wildchyldwildchyld Member Posts: 35

Didn't mean to offend Esther-Chan.

It's just usually the male PMs who are fighting back when I ask for pretty things!

• striker09dxstriker09dx Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Originally posted by Esther-Chan

Originally posted by wildchyld

Ohh custom makeup would rock!
    Unfortunately most of the PM's of the world are men!

Just because I'm a guy doesn't mean I don't appreciate pretty things or playing dress up on my character.

this + ur avatar + ur font color.......hmmmm...

• This may sound like a spamtastic post but if you want to know more about FW check out my blog Forsaken World Fans. http://forsakenworldfans.blogspot.com.

Anyway, to the guy who said games from Asia does not have any innovation, um hello?! Like Yuui said: Blade and Soul, Mabinogi: Heroes, C9, Forsaken World and TERA. These are all games from Asia.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/LaT_MNDSjdY/

A new video.

Guys from Runic Games(ex-blizzard) get to try Forsaken World.

Video in english and we get a few short bits from inside the game too :P .

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• QforQQforQ Member Posts: 101

We should be hearing more about this game very soon... ;)

Sam "QforQ" Houston
    Senior Social Media Marketing Coordinator
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://www.PerfectWorld.com/blog

• AutumnalDuskAutumnalDusk Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by QforQ

We should be hearing more about this game very soon... ;)

And  QforQ is the person I will believe above all others. If *anyone* knows anything, it's gonna be QforQ.

Seriously, he is the "real deal", his signature is truth .

• yoscsskillsyoscsskills Member Posts: 75

Can American players participate in beta?

We haven't announced a North America beta for Forsaken World yet, but when we do, it will be open to Americans.

The game is going into beta in China soon, but we haven't announced anything with regards to a North American beta yet.

Sam "QforQ" Houston

We haven't announced a North America beta for Forsaken World yet, but when we do, it will be open to Americans.
    The game is going into beta in China soon, but we haven't announced anything with regards to a North American beta yet.

Are you a developer?

I'm not a developer in the sense that I don't work on the games themselves, but I work at the company and represent it on sites like MMORPG, on Facebook, I take care of the company's blog, etc :)  Basically I do a mix of community and marketing stuff for Perfect World :)

Sam "QforQ" Houston

I'm not a developer in the sense that I don't work on the games themselves, but I work at the company and represent it on sites like MMORPG, on Facebook, I take care of the company's blog, etc :)  Basically I do a mix of community and marketing stuff for Perfect World :)

Are you in China? And, can people who are not in china participate in the beta? Will the game come out in 2010?

Originally posted by yoscsskills

Are you in China? And, can people who are not in china participate in the beta? Will the game come out in 2010?

No, I work at our office in Redwood City, in California (just south of San Francisco).

You need a Chinese ID to participate in the Chinese Beta, so you pretty much have to be in China/a Chinese citizen to play the Chinese version of the game.

Forsaken World will release in 2010 :)  Not going to say WHEN, but I'm going to say that it will release this year :)

Sam "QforQ" Houston

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU1MjA3NzYw.html

Aand the video from the alpha-limited(i think it was alpha) test. Basically a guy reviews the game as he plays it.

Bassically we see a bit of character creation (although not all of it), the "blessing" system and xp skills

I have to say that I LOVE the UI style :3

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

This game is known as Ching Chong Wing Woo ~ Pay Dollah to Win in asia and the asians just loves it with five billion active players in china alone.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

No, I work at our office in Redwood City, in California (just south of San Francisco).

You need a Chinese ID to participate in the Chinese Beta, so you pretty much have to be in China/a Chinese citizen to play the Chinese version of the game.

Forsaken World will release in 2010 :)  Not going to say WHEN, but I'm going to say that it will release this year :)

men that isnt good!they should just make the game accessable to their server not localise it localisation always end up bad because what we see and what their english game dev means is totally 2 diff beast

i wish they would use theyir chinese server and just make sure all langage version works on chinese server(why?)

simple the amount of player avail.nomather if there are american ,european etc.by using their chinese server player will always have ton of player wich is where player will go

but a localised game always end up empty because its empty .i sure hope they change their idea and they dont use localised server unless its just to stream from china i want to access the chinese server yes some might speak english ,korean ,japanese etc

as long as the server can manage it i have no issue with it lol

everybody get their own langage copy but playable on the mainframe in china where a lot of server are(and where lot of player are)

How can you compare it to the mmorpg 'Tera' And also, when you mean release in 2010, are you talking about the chinese one?

How can you compare it to the mmorpg 'Tera' And also, when you mean release in 2010, are you talking about the chinese one?

I haven't played Tera so I can't really compare the two games, sorry.

Regarding a 2010 release, I meant North America.

Sam "QforQ" Houston

I wanted to let everyone know that we just announced Forsaken World officially in North America, and we have launched a very detailed teaser site at http://fw.perfectworld.com

For all the info, please see our announcement blog post:

http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=12351

Sam "QforQ" Houston

How are there patch notes if it's not in beta yet?

How are there patch notes if it's not in beta yet?

What patch notes?  We haven't posted any patch notes for Forsaken World - I think you may be confusing patch notes for our other games that are also posted on the PWE Blog.

Sam "QforQ" Houston

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Sure it is. Somehow PW is going to make an original game? I don't think that's how these Asian F2P companies work.

• eldanesh117eldanesh117 Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by brostyn

Sure it is. Somehow PW is going to make an original game? I don't think that's how these Asian F2P companies work.

Even more so with PW. For example, take a look at their quest system in between all their games... it is, quite literally, exactly the same.

TGWTETIPTNMAITC! -Gary Whitta