Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sub or Shop, which should it be?

2»

Comments

• wildchyldwildchyld Member Posts: 35

I only got about 20 minutes out of Tabula Rasa :(

• Esther-ChanEsther-Chan Member Posts: 288
    Originally posted by wildchyld

I only got about 20 minutes out of Tabula Rasa :(

It's ok. *hugs*. Tabula Rasa will forever remain with you.. *points at your heart* in here. *cries*.. I.. I promised myself I wouldn't cry! 

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

2/3 of the subs fee is profit is they need more money they should review what they are wasting and cut it. The current MMOs lack any sort of quality to even be worth 15$ a month if they dare to increase by any sort is a shoot on the foot.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

I signed up for my first MMORPG roughly six years ago, paying $15/month subscription fee.

The MMORPG I am currently subscribed to also charges $15/month.

I've paid $15/month for a number of other games in that time.

And you know what? Inflation is real. If I was playing a game and enjoying it, and the developers said "due to rising costs we need to increase the subscription fee", I'd be hard pressed to be upset. It happens with everything else in life, why shouldn't it happen with MMORPG subscriptions? Can it really be $15/month forever? I think not.

• FolbyOrbFolbyOrb Member UncommonPosts: 357

Put in the cash shop, if it's not game changing items. By the way, I don't feel that XP Pots are game changing. Whatever.

With a cash shop, such as the one Blizzard has introduced, I have a choice of whether or not I will spend more on their game or not. So it has no effect on me. I don't have to spend money in their cash shop. No biggie.

Some will choose to spend money in the cash shop, which will give them more revenue. That's fine with me. As long as I don't come across someone in AV with the Uber Cash Shop Sword of Die Cheap Bastard!

Playing | GW2
    Wanting | Pantheon
    Watching | Crowfall
    Retired | WAR, Cabal, MO, CO, SHK, WoW, FFXIV: ARR