Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reson why not to play this game

generalBgeneralB Member Posts: 3

The graphic in game is pretty "old fasioned" so there arent any new efect or anything like that to see. Lvling is interesting until lvl of 65 than t become really hard. Item shop is very expencive and without using it there are no reason to start this game at all.  Game have a lot of bugs that have to be fixed and there arent anyone who care about it. The best thing about this game is that Metin is kinda cometative so u have some motive to play further and spent more money on it but there is a serious problem about that competition. No meter how much money and playing hours you spent what lvl u made there is some well organize group of players that will made it to you even harder. If there is posibility to get some good item for high lvls that is really rare there are no option that u could get it first few month of its existance coz there are GMs and their friends who must have it first. They are well organized and have their own chats where they agree about those stuff.  After a long time playing I fidn this list on one forum and than everything start to fit up on its place:

List of Metin UK GMs playing characters:

Doxa - Kitaka

Gump - Kudan and JerJerBlinks

RedPot - IcDeathPPL

Aphex - BlackOrchid

Maia - Asja

Kiera - Kaysha

eXo - ChRoN05

SueLee - winniepo

Vayu - SunGuru.

Eloisa - Lysera

Cadee - JadedOne

Nimes - Hogar.

Dabria - LadyAngel.

Tabucus - Merlin1.

Astroline - Fitsbol.

Frizzy - bob198906

There are some new GMs now and some of this old one stoped to play but nothing will change. Some guy exxo is payed to take care about game and he hired game stuff. HE dont care, and they do what they can to made game more interesting to themselfs. They dont choose the way or object. Me and my brother was playing long time, made a pretty good characters and than we leave one guild  (seems that American Metin GM was in it and that she is one of best online friends with metin uk SGM), she hated us for that. As my brother was really high lvl and long time playing player his high lvl friends start to comming to our guild and than other GM on Metin UK start to thinking that his guild will become poor so he agreed with that American friend they he will fack up us. From that time every item we try to upgrade failed, our guild land (cost really much) wanished (sry meintanance problem there arent any sign that u really have that land before meintanance). Drop from moobs wanished. Deamon tower runs finished before end with and bug problem (time is over). One of GMs take my brothers char while we was on vacations, change pasword, e-mail and ingame kingdom. Other GM take my account and write some stuff so my account get perm ban with pretty nice prove for it (but i was on boat without Internet connection for a month) .

After that one friend let me use his account, and everything was okay until i didnt start to write on call, than one other friend write my name on call and that account is banned again.

I dont know the reason maybe killing that GMs playing chars ingame or something like that, but that game seems to be not aloud to me and my brother anymore.

There is one more thing about GMs. They have permit to change your pasword, take your items, and than ban you account.

Comments

• bboneheaddbboneheadd Member Posts: 116

Is that not illegal If you buy a weapon from cash shop and gm takes it away next day thats pretty much theft lol.

• adidas21adidas21 Member Posts: 4

95% of your post is just a lie or some speculations without any proof  or pure nonsense , if u want to accuse someone on metin , accuse ppl , there are lot ppl who will just w8 a chance to scam / hack u , and they will not hesitate to do that , ... and u can accuse gameforge because of lack off upgrades      ,

gms are not fault for anything , during exxos leadership there was only problem with lack of information , because he wasnt one of guys who will write or say a lot  ,   now exxo is not anymore there  , so there is no problem at all with gms   only with ppl

• ZapleafZapleaf Member Posts: 31

Judging from the few lines of text i read in your post you're a cry babby.  And everything you said went in one eye and out the other.  Im going to give this game a try.

• Myron41Myron41 Member Posts: 23

Go to metin2uk forums and read the threads (if they are still there,) concerning the player uprising against the G.M's.  Also, try counting the threads concerning player abuse and hacking (the ones that they have left,) and then come back and explain how the op is wrong. 

The UK version is crap.  Fullstop.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

I was actually going to waist my time downloading this game. Glad I read this post first. 

I hate games where the cash shop rules at the end of the day. Very few F2P games have a strong balance of Cash shop vs Non cash shop users.  This one seems to be one sided to the extreme. 

angel26554
  • SunGuruSunGuru Member Posts: 1

Oh wow Fun Fun! I am famous! My name is on mmorgp.com!! O__o

When wanting to play this game, don't take the first post in consideration. People say wild things when they are booted of the game for harassments and breaking code of conduct of the game.

I have been a player on Metin 2 UK since May 2007. I still love it ^^

• CmdrVimesCmdrVimes Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by SunGuru

When wanting to play this game, don't take the first post in consideration. People say wild things when they are booted of the game for harassments and breaking code of conduct of the game.

True.

What killed it for me though was, I think the 3rd maybe 4th mission which involved getting the perfume ingredients for the weapons merchant (Metin 2 UK).

It went:

Get 2 lilac sprigs from blue wolves.  Ok thats fine.

Visit the cash shop and pay real money for a flask of oil. ????? eh.........wtf...............uninstall.

I don't mind putting money into a game but being asked to pay cash for a quest item when you have just started the game is extracting the urine.  Not to mention it plays into the hands of merchants who will sell you said oil for inflated prices.

In fact asking for cash for quest items is just crap full stop.

Other points of fail are the merchant spam you get on entering a town, the lack of any decent character customization, no day/night, no weather, and just no character at all to the world or its inhabitants.

As someone else put it, Metin 2 is just a chat room with fighting.

angel26554

As a follow on to my above statement I have since found out that the quest involving the musk oil should be avoided at all cost as once taken it cannot, as far as I know, be cancelled.  Also, until you purchase the musk oil which will cost you a minimum of £7.99 just for 1 dragon coin for the oil, the weapon shops in all regions will be closed to you.  If you try to buy/sell weapons all you will get is the quest text. 

In short, unless you spend real money on a necessary quest item, the only way to get weapons is to find them or buy them off the merchants for sky high prices.

As I stated before, I dont mind spending money on a game, and have done so, but to blackmail players in this fashion is beyond disgusting.  What a f****ng joke.

Stay away from Metin 2 UK.

• DilaniaDilania Member Posts: 3

Maybe you should have spent a little more time READING what pops up in game ^^

You are correct in saying that Musk Oil is available through the ItemShop.  However, had you actually read the information in the ItemShop you would have known that Musk Oil is available to purchase for 1DM.  ALL new accounts have 5 DM pre loaded on activation. 

Also, had you perused the player shops you would have found Musk Oil available there also.  Many premium players will use their DM (you earn additional DM when you spend Dragon Coins in ItemShop) to buy Musk Oil, which is tradeable, to sell in their player shops so that those who created accounts prior to this mission being implemented and may not have DM to buy themselves (i.e. they dont use real money  to buy Dragon Coins to spend in order to get DM) can complete the mission.

This mission is obtained when your Char reaches level 4 (takes no longer than 20-30 minutes if you are lazy)  what else did you do exactly that gave you such a negative (albeit obtuse) view of this game?  The mission is not implemented to force you to spend money.  it just lets you know that the ItemShop is there ;)

I suggest in future that you actually PLAY a game before attempting to slate it.  Ranting after 5 minutes of looking at something from a distance has never benefitted anyone in anything. (or maybe your just narked after getting pwned by wild dogs?)

Happy Gaming :)

Firstly, I should have made myself clearer in earlier posts, I re-opened an old account  (A Lev 32 Warrior amongst others,) from last year which did not have the 5DM.   I had played it before in  early 2009.  I decided to give it another look to see how far it had progressed re updates as I quit due to the boring grind in later levels and the asshat fanbois like yourself that plagued the community.

As to buying musk oil elsewhere, I perused the player shops at length and only found it once for more than I was willing to pay.  The whole economy for this game is screwed.  Far to many zero's for some items especially books.   I also found that the grind hadn't changed and it was still at its core, much the same as before. 

Finally, if the new player gets DM by default then why didn't all pre existing accounts get it as well since this quest seems to exist for all players regardless of level, until it is completed.  Returning players are a bit stuffed while trying to make their minds up whether or not to give it another go.

• Pain_K1llerPain_K1ller Member Posts: 7

I have had heard that the Metin is quite a mess with all the stupid hackers and BRs camping around the corners and kill monstor auto.

Not to mention that Z8games never try to fix the problems.

Perfect site if you want to grab free ultimate game card lol

• lordyalordya Member Posts: 6

ok this is bs a play metin all the time for a f2p its great and the graphics pretty good i mean its nuthin on wow but again its free so fuck off

hi!!!

• ArximpakalisArximpakalis Member Posts: 3

If someone is happy to pay 800 euros for one shield this game is very good for him.

Many peoples they defend this stupid game and the stupid company , that means they are to noobs in this game (les than 50-60 lvl) or they  overburned  them brain with matin2 and they have even not personal life (how they can? 1st they need all them money for the game and 2nd they need 25 hours / day for grinding)

My opinion, the game as game is not bad (but also is not something special). If someone like to have realy fun with this game have to find a good private server and is cool. 

PS excuse me for my English.

PS2 I know persons in metin2.gr who have "invested" more than 30000 euros in this "game" and they goted ban because they said in chat something "ilegal"! (and they got them characters back with loyers against the company) ! also a person in spanish metin2  who spends 800 euros to take the right bonuses at his shield !

This is not game, is stock market!

ps3 I have to laugh with anyone say "metin2 is free" I bet all my money no-one can fix a normal  (or even poor) character without spend thausants euros in item-shop except if we say about characters lower than 30 lvl

• mizanyxmizanyx Member Posts: 70

I initially hated the game, specially for their visuals.

When the official Mexican server opened, I entered the less crowded server and unless for the grind (that usually is solved by doing massive party leveling) I liked it a lot. Items are cheap relatively, market economy isn't so bad, and I like a lot the combat system, because its based on collision detection, it feels like an action game, more like Final Fight or Double Dragon than like WoW.

GMs talk to players like twice per week, they organize events, that can be metin rains, lots of minerals, competitions between the nations to get a nation-wide experience bonus, etc. 

I'm currently a lvl 48 Dragon Force Shaman there. 

• veleciraptorveleciraptor Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by mizanyx

When the official Mexican server opened, I entered the less crowded server and unless for the grind (that usually is solved by doing massive party leveling) I liked it a lot. Items are cheap relatively, market economy isn't so bad, and I like a lot the combat system, because its based on collision detection, it feels like an action game, more like Final Fight or Double Dragon than like WoW.

GMs talk to players like twice per week, they organize events, that can be metin rains, lots of minerals, competitions between the nations to get a nation-wide experience bonus, etc. 

They advertise as  this game is free. Yes playing is free but 10 years old boy who spend money for the game can kill your character even your all skills are perfect. This game only depends on who spend more money for the game. Stay away from this game if you don't plan to spend 2000-3000-4000... euros or dollars for the game.

• JayAlphaJayAlpha Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by veleciraptor

Originally posted by mizanyx

They advertise as  this game is free. Yes playing is free but 10 years old boy who spend money for the game can kill your character even your all skills are perfect. This game only depends on who spend more money for the game. Stay away from this game if you don't plan to spend 2000-3000-4000... euros or dollars for the game.

Congratulations, I spent 200 Euro in Metin2 and sold some of my gears for 800 Euro already.

It depends how much you play, how long you know the game and if you know the stuff that makes your life there easier. And of course what server you play. Metin2 Singapore has a 100% tradable item mall which is 50-60% cheaper than Gameforges Mall, you're protected from scamming, Bugs will be fixed and the support is superb.

With regards

An Ex Lv88 Mage.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Some serious thread-necroing going on in the Metin 2 forums today.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• generalBgeneralB Member Posts: 3
    U can close this thread now please
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Thread necroed by r=origina user, who is clearly gone. Locking.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.