Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Dev Diary Explains RvR Weapons

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

A new dev diary published on the official WAR website featuring Warhammer Online item designer Sean Bosshardt gives us a preview of the upcoming scenario rewards system, which includes new RvR weapons. The new scenario rewards will make their debut with the release of version 1.3.4, which is currently on the PTS.

Sean Bosshardt on the new system:

With the upcoming 1.3.4 patch, we are implementing something that has been in the works for quite some time. It has been requested continually from the community and those requests have not fallen on deaf ears. The system in question has gone through numerous iterations until finally; we deemed it ready for release. Without further ado, I’d like to introduce RvR weapons (which just so happens to be a sub-set of the much larger and interesting Scenario Reward system)!

In 1.3.4 we focused on improvements to the Scenario system including the new Scenario Reward system. The Scenario Reward system is much like the Open RvR system you’re all used to, utilizing alternate currency accumulated by participating in RvR. This system will be used in parallel to the Open RvR system, yielding different and just-as-exciting rewards as the set pieces. There are two types of the new currency: Emblems and Insignias (which work similar to Medallions and Crests).

Accruing emblems is simple: you will be awarded emblems based on your realm’s score at the end of each scenario you participate in. Even a score of zero will yield emblem rewards. Through all tiers of the game, items on the scenario store will cost a number of these emblems. Once you’ve reached rank 40, you will begin accumulating insignias that, in conjunction with emblems, are used to purchase the high-grade endgame items. Insignias can be accumulated via a number of methods: completing a scenario, successfully taking a keep, successfully defending a keep, and within the initial city PQ (after Stage 2). We feel that this system is conducive to our goals of creating incentives for all types of RVR, while giving new and improved equipment to reward scenario play.

Read more at Developer Diary: RvR Weapons.

Comments

• FrobnerFrobner Member Posts: 649
    Originally posted by Maleus666

Who cares? All  the players of this game.  And if you think  this game is dead, sorry, but you are wrong. If u are a Wow or Faion fanboy, jjust be quiet and go play your game.  U can do much better for the world keeping your  brainless person quiet. 

Actually... I have been playing WAR....

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Frobner

Who cares.... Its WAR ... its dead !!!
    Peace!

Its not dead its just resting! ^^  Actually I played War at launch for a few months. Its not a bad game for a PvP focused type. But it gets really boring after awhile.  Not to mention back then, the instance combat turned into a slide show on many peoples systems.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • BaggunsBagguns Member Posts: 152

Peace!

A game only dies when the last player has given up hope...

Mr. Bagguns

• MightfoxMightfox Member Posts: 24

Don't see how anyone could enjoy most of the bland, brainless content of other MMOs to Warhammer's enjoyable instanced PvP. Some of WoW's raids and high level PvP are good too, but you have to slog through tons of boring content to get to them. Warhammer lets you have fun starting in about 30 minutes, at level 6 or so. No running up to mobs and slamming whatever attacks you have on cooldown. You have to actually utilize your class's skills. Good fun.

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

THIS GAME IS NOT DEAD!

PEACE!

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by brostyn

I love how people of a dead game try to proclaim its not dead.

If you're truly that uncultured to realize that when referring to a game, dead means really, really inactive. 
    There is dead, like WAR, then there is shut down, like AC2. Two different definitions when talking about a MMO.

I'm sure you guys knew this. Then again you play WAR.

Is that sort of like people who don't play a game trying to proclaim how really, really inactive it is?

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by Marcus-

If you're truly that uncultured to realize that when referring to a game, dead means really, really inactive. 
    There is dead, like WAR, then there is shut down, like AC2. Two different definitions when talking about a MMO.

Is that sort of like people who don't play a game trying to proclaim how really, really inactive it is?

Right. Somehow in the time I've been gone this game gained  a lot more subscribers. Sorry, not buying what you're selling. Been around a bit too long for that trick to work on me.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by Marcus-

Right. Somehow in the time I've been gone this game gained  a lot more subscribers. Sorry, not buying what you're selling. Been around a bit too long for that trick to work on me.

Hmm..  If i'm not mistaken you didnt mention subs, you said activity..

As i said in a post earlier today, I was on quite a bit today, and there was activity all day..   scenerios, RvR and LotD..

Oh.. and i'm not selling anything...

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

You know, what. I just realized something. The level of action you consider to be active, is probably not what a good portion of people consider to be active. Myself included. If WAR has enough people to keep you happy, then I who am I to say you are wrong. Same holds true for those of us calling WAR dead. Its just not active enough for our taste.

• lucabrasilucabrasi Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Wraithone

Peace!

Its not dead its just resting! ^^  Actually I played War at launch for a few months. Its not a bad game for a PvP focused type. But it gets really boring after awhile.  Not to mention back then, the instance combat turned into a slide show on many peoples systems.

I no longer play, but they did fix the game engine a long long time ago and pvp runs smoothly.

• mjkittredgemjkittredge Member Posts: 126

I want to see what the new Tier 1 weapons are. They could make a significant impact on the endless free trial players.

• gszebegszebe Member UncommonPosts: 214

I love how people who is not playing a still living game try to proclaim it's dead. Doomsaying (and other weird pleasure for some) never gets old, definitely. *yawns*

• gszebegszebe Member UncommonPosts: 214

You know, what. I just realized something. The level of action you consider to be active, is probably not what a good portion of people consider to be active. Myself included. If WAR has enough people to keep you happy, then I who am I to say you are wrong. Same holds true for those of us calling WAR dead. Its just not active enough for our taste.

But dude, who you are to tell anyone that he's wrong, huh? You can tell your own oppinion, you can argue other's oppinion, you can even make otherwise unfounded generalizations based on your own oppinion (all of us are doing this), but you cannot tell anyone that he's wrong just because your generalizations are different from his. This is what you should realize.

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

The game isn't dead.  At certain tiers... the pulse isn't that easy to find, though.  Tier 2 and 3 do actually seem to be pretty quiet most of the time.  Tier 4 is only busy at certain times of day.

In all fairness, though, WoW's battleground system is dead at most times of the day for the mid-level tiers, too. 

• fuzzi1983fuzzi1983 Member UncommonPosts: 142

Warhammer has a Fan Base. Should actually see all the Twinks in T1. Its amazing how many people actually enjoy the pvp in War. I know I do. I was able to get a 14 day trial on my old account some how and I have been enjoying it. I was really worried about T2. But sure enough once I zoned in there were tones of people taking the keeps. We will see how the week progresses. I want to see if it is like this during the weekend.

But trying to stay on topic I am glad they are adding weapons you can get through tokens. They should of added this in the beginning but I am glad they are still working on the game. I think  they need to do something major to bring the game back from the slumber. I know alot of ppl have been subing because of the endless trial. But how long with that keep people. Until then WAAAAGGHH

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Great doesn't change the fact that your keep and siege needs to be reworked to work like doacs.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine