Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda: Global Agenda Review

13»

Comments

• Sive0nSive0n Member UncommonPosts: 28

Like many have said it was a good review but it only focused on the good points, the game is nothing but "OK" if you're someone who wants to play occasionally with random player to kill time.

After i bought the game and played since the first beta in December i felt that what they said in the trailers, interviews and my obvious expectation weren't exactly what you get in the game.

you can't play in normal pvp matches with more then 4 players(including your self) so having a clan/agency is pointless unless you going to pay for conquest.

In Conquest you can't practice or make tactics because once you get a small piece of land you can only enter it if your challenged.

the number of "land"(called Hexes) you can have is determined by the number of players in your Agency, so a small 10-20 man agency is useless and can only defend 1-2 Hexes, even if you have the best players in the world your limited by your number, skill is secondary.

i'm completely against calling this game MMO not because there isn't an open world(it was stated before) but because there is no world at all, their idea of a world is a "world-map" divided by small Hexes each one can only be 1 of 5 terrains, so all Hexes labeled as Factory are exactly alike same goes for the Mines,Labs,missile factories and bases.

the PvE lack so much polish that the tutorial is the better then all the PvE maps, there are no tricks what so ever to it you just have to run&gun the mobs down until you get to a boss which is a tougher mob with a different look with some NPCs spawning occasionally and is the same for all difficulties but mobs have more HP and deal more dmg.

the only persistent thing in this game is your character even the conquest map for which you pay to play gets reseted.whats the point of playing for something that in 2-3 months gets undone.

they said that the map would be a risk-like strategy map, its wrong, in this game you can attack any hex in the map there is no map strategy besides the "hexes connected to the HQ get a production bonus" i would say that the hexes are only connected in concept which again leads me to say its not an MMO more like several private FPS server put together.

the RPG concept in this game is a joke the talents are so generalized that makes no room for unique builds.

Conquest seams fun but its always the same, at a particular time everyday you either attack or defend with whatever you have at hand no pre-organization nor that much coordinated tactics other then commonsense there's nothing more to it.

to finish remember the trailer where they emphasize the conquest where you "disable a generator in one map and you see the turrets going down live on the other"? there is no such thing.

in the end this is a FPS version of Guildwars(in a sense that you get some variety of devices abut can only choose 3 at any given time) with a different theme, where you own HQ(like a castle in GW) but cant enter it or customize it you may conquer new land for your alliance like Planet side(but it will be reseted every so often) but have to pay a fee for it and in the end you get no sense of achievement.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

saw this today-

We would like to thank everyone for both the participation and feedback of the Global Agenda Conquest game.

We sent out a couple of surveys recently, below are results specifically on the AvA game play and where players would like to see the most improvements.

Specific to Conquest, this is what our player base told us they would like to see in Conquest (ranked by importance - large sample set of thousands of players):

1. Make it easier for smaller agencies to compete

2. Give better rewards for playing in AvA

3. Add additional get modes in AvA

4. Add additional maps and content

5. Add more to do while your strike team waits for an AvA mission

6. Make it easier for solo players to engage in AvA

7. Provide more flexibility on when your agency can attack/defend territories

8. Add additional zones for Europe and Oceania

9. Better tutorials and info

Based on this feedback, but also on our own experience, observations and data mining, we plan on making the following additions and changes to AvA. These are currently targeted to be completed by the end of Feb and playable early in March.

AvA Changes:

* New Mission type: Resource Raids

Resource raids will allow players to form a strike force and attack a territory to steal the resources being produced. These missions use the Payload game type with (2 or 3 new maps). This should allow for more action in the AvA zones and make it more difficult for groups to own very large territories without worrying about defending them. It's has a lower risk/reward for both attackers and defenders and allows more players to participate in AvA.

* New Hex type: Defense Facility

Defense Facilities have no direct production of any type. Defense facilities automatically provide protection to territories around them (but not against resource raids). The current defenses consist of missile barrages that will kill/slow down enemy players when active. While it's possible (but harder) to take over a territory near a Defense facility, it is advisable to bring down the Defense facility first. Defense facilities use a domination map type with multiple capture points.

* Unbuilt Hexes

A new map type using the Control game play type was added.

* New Hex type: Upgrade Production Facility

This new facility will allow agencies to create components used for personal armor and weapon upgrades (like Rusty Plates, etc). This will allow agencies that are less interested in the 'win' condition to create personal rewards sooner.

* Increase in AVA production

It's more fun to have more of the AvA specific items while fighting in the AvA maps, so all production will be increased.

* Public Chat Channel to support LFG

A new chat channel will work across all public areas in order to help players more easily find other players to group with.

* HQ closing

Agencies will close the HQ locations for two days a week (days of their choice). All other areas will still be open to attack/defend. This should allow smaller groups to defend at least one territory with less of a time commitment each week.

* New Qs

In addition to AvA changes new Qs will be available for 4v4 and 10v10 premade teams. In the future more functionality will be added to those Qs for arena/ladder type reporting and rewards.

Additional Changes:

We have also received significant feedback on the type of features our players would like to see to the overall game world and most specifically around subscriptions.

Our intentions are to release the following before the end of March so players can get a feel for some the the ongoing MMO type of content to be expected in the future.

MMO changes:

The single most significant change we are planning to release is a 'open world' type of PvE gameplay located around Dome City. The missions are based on helping Dome City stay intact against enemies, sabotage, and maintaining support infrastructure.

The key features for this zone are the following:

* A large area that has a number of different repeatable PvE type missions given out by NPCs

* Missions will be available for different size groups (ranging from Solo to 10 person teams)

* Different PvE Objective types (like defending an area against waves of enemies)

* Multiple groups/players playing in the same zone (we are trying to find a good balance of how many currently)

* Zone will have safe and unsafe spots (unsafe meaning other players can damage/kill you)

* Players can come in/out of area easily and be in Queue for regular PvP, PvE, and AvA missions while in the zone

Loot and Crafting

* New crafting and loot will be available for creating Rare and Epic weapons and devices

If all goes well, we would like to release an additional open zone before the end of April which will have even more interesting game play.

Please remember that we are working hard, but the timelines are not guaranteed. If we see that the timelines to delivering some of the core features extend too far past our estimates then we will let the community know and may extend some of the subscription policy.

• AikkoAikko Member Posts: 25

Really fun game. I prefer the support rolls in this game Robtic and Medic, am best with medic always top 2 for healing and assists and also get my fair share of kills.

• bobbyjrbobbyjr Member Posts: 119

Looks like MMORPG.com or more accurately jon wood has taken another payment in return for a good Review.  

The review was biased as hell.  It focused solely on good oints, and didnt bring up any glaring issues that still persist even after beta. You'd think after he took that payment from aventurine for a good darkfall review, he would have learned a lesson, bu i guess greed triumphs over everything.

• RagnarokWarRagnarokWar Member UncommonPosts: 35

I am quite the opposite of most of the people here: I hate this game. I suppose the term is less "hate" and is more "disappointed". The melee feels tacked on and worthless, it takes forever to kill someone (I'm far more used to the quick kills, rather than emptying an entire clip/energy bar into someone to get a kill), and the game lost all favor with me when they put in "Mercenaries" mode and took out the PvP mode select. Mercenaries mode, of course, is every mode under the ssun in PvP, randomized for you uninterest and displeasure.

I don't get that warm feeling of "developer love" from these guys. In fact, I got more a feeling of "Flagship Studios" from them. In beta we could select what mode we wanted. Some weapons/melee killed a lot faster too. Instead, you get 8 or 10 whacks to kill someone, where as they can just raise their "Block" and shut you out. It's a cute little mode, but I play a Recon mostly. No hitboxes for the head mean no headshots, and no headshots means Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, and when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, PEOPLE DIE!

But in all seriousness... the game is slow. It takes so much, and so long to kill someone. I've stopped playing at Level 10. I can't stand it. It takes too long and it just bores me to sit there. I know they want the entire "team work" thing going. Makes the medics lives easier. But if my backstab does laughable damage compared to a normal slash, then I'm not an assassin. I may as well go play an MMO so I can button mash and rack up crazy combos that actually do crazy damage. At least then I'd stop feeling so effing worthless and weak.

Some will like this game, but unfortunately, I can't get a refund now. They made that steller change Mercenary AFTER beta, and by that time I couldn't return it. "Oh, it'll be back at the end of the month". That's great. At the end of the month, I'll be playing Battlefield Bad Company 2, and won't be messing around with this lump of coal any longer. I've got only 6 hours to my name in this game, but Steam policy states I can't get a refund. I'm out $50 for a piece of overhyped junk. I'd have rather spent the money on Modern Warfare 2, at least they were upfront with flipping me off (loss of dedicated servers and punkbuster).

• hellshankshellshanks Member Posts: 144
    Originally posted by RagnarokWar

I am quite the opposite of most of the people here: I hate this game. I suppose the term is less "hate" and is more "disappointed". The melee feels tacked on and worthless, it takes forever to kill someone (I'm far more used to the quick kills, rather than emptying an entire clip/energy bar into someone to get a kill
    Did you try speccing to do more damage with melee?
    ), and the game lost all favor with me when they put in "Mercenaries" mode and took out the PvP mode select. Mercenaries mode, of course, is every mode under the ssun in PvP, randomized for you uninterest and displeasure.
    Got an e-mail from them. This is coming at the end of the month. 
    I don't get that warm feeling of "developer love" from these guys. In fact, I got more a feeling of "Flagship Studios" from them
    T get countless e-mails with surverys on how to improve the game, saying thank you, and telling about updates. I love it. It's the first MMO that keeps me so informed. Kudos for being able to do this with such a small company. They listen, too. I voted for stuff on the survey, it's coming at the end of the month. 
    . In beta we could select what mode we wanted. Some weapons/melee killed a lot faster too. Instead, you get 8 or 10 whacks to kill someone, where as they can just raise their "Block" and shut you out. It's a cute little mode, but I play a Recon mostly. No hitboxes for the head mean no headshots, and no headshots means Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, and when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, PEOPLE DIE!
    But in all seriousness... the game is slow. It takes so much, and so long to kill someone. I've stopped playing at Level 10.
    There is your problem, mate! keep playing, you'll get new stuff and be able to spec it out to get better. 
    I can't stand it. It takes too long and it just bores me to sit there. I know they want the entire "team work" thing going. Makes the medics lives easier. But if my backstab does laughable damage compared to a normal slash, then I'm not an assassin. I may as well go play an MMO so I can button mash and rack up crazy combos that actually do crazy damage. At least then I'd stop feeling so effing worthless and weak.
    Some will like this game, but unfortunately, I can't get a refund now. They made that steller change Mercenary AFTER beta, and by that time I couldn't return it. "Oh, it'll be back at the end of the month". That's great. At the end of the month, I'll be playing Battlefield Bad Company 2, and won't be messing around with this lump of coal any longer. I've got only 6 hours to my name in this game, but Steam policy states I can't get a refund. I'm out $50 for a piece of overhyped junk. I'd have rather spent the money on Modern Warfare 2, at least they were upfront with flipping me off (loss of dedicated servers and punkbuster).
    Stick with it, almost everything you don't like gets better or already is, just keep playing. 

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    Originally posted by CNUChavez

This game does not belong on MMORPG.com. 

dont think you know what persistence means. persistence is players affecting the game world, and other players taking that away. youre confusing "open" with "persistent". for persistence to flourish, you need balanced pvp. in my opinion, GA is the closest any MMO has gotten to persistence and balanced pvp.

there is nothing massive or persistent about most MMO's. WoW lacks the persistence, balanced pvp, and while open while leveling it is completely instanced at end game, exactly like GA. SWToR lacks the "massively multiplayer", enough said. EVE, while massive and persistent, lacks the execution and balanced pvp. if we're going by definitions, LOTRO is not an MMO. it's an RPG which you can choose to play with a few other people.

so before going all emo and hyperbolic on the forums, do a little bit of research and get your facts straight.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

So this game does have a monthly fee right?

Let me know when it's like every other instanced (read server/game hosts) FPS out there (which is all of them) and just charges a box fee, then I'll play it. The fact that I can play CoD MW2, HALO, CS:S, TF2,  etc etc etc and have more options in my game play style and have more people to play with all without paying a monthly fee, makes me wonder why anyone would go another route. In fact I even stopped playing the HALO series just because every few months they'd force you to buy a map pack to keep playing multi-player.

I like my FPS games fee free.

i like my FPS fee free as well, which is why i bought GA.

• HetNetHetNet Member Posts: 48

For FTP, it's great.....But it just has too much of the UT feel to me to be a paid subscription game...

But, I'm an old PlanetSide player, and anything less than several hundred people in a battle just feels underwhelming.....

Originally posted by sonoggi

Originally posted by CNUChavez

This game does not belong on MMORPG.com. 

dont think you know what persistence means. persistence is players affecting the game world, and other players taking that away. youre confusing "open" with "persistent". for persistence to flourish, you need balanced pvp. in my opinion, GA is the closest any MMO has gotten to persistence and balanced pvp.

there is nothing massive or persistent about most MMO's. WoW lacks the persistence, balanced pvp, and while open while leveling it is completely instanced at end game, exactly like GA. SWToR lacks the "massively multiplayer", enough said. EVE, while massive and persistent, lacks the execution and balanced pvp. if we're going by definitions, LOTRO is not an MMO. it's an RPG which you can choose to play with a few other people.

so before going all emo and hyperbolic on the forums, do a little bit of research and get your facts straight.

sonoggi > CNUChavez

• RagnarokWarRagnarokWar Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by hellshanks

Rather than quote your entire field, I'll just quote the fact you posted.

First and foremost, I'd like to say you've been informative, present a good argument, and you didn't flame. I believe you to be a figment of my imagination, IE, what I wish others online would act like. I will, however, try to give the game a chance, as I've known several game that sucked at the start, but got better after release. I was going to fight Steam, and Hi-Rez for a refund, but I'll try to give the game a more fair chance.

In short.

You are awesome, thank you for existing, I'll try to stick with it and see if it gets better down the line.

Originally posted by RagnarokWar

Originally posted by hellshanks

Rather than quote your entire field, I'll just quote the fact you posted.

^^ Thanks, mate.  I can't wait to see you in-game. 

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
    Originally posted by DAS1337

Originally posted by Hrothmund

I agree with the majority of the reviewer's opinions, however, I would give the game a 6 due to lack of polish.
    The combat just doesn't feel impressive. I don't know if it is the animations, sounds, clipping problems or a mixture of many factors, but it just feels like I am firing a pea-shooter at kids with Halloween costumes on.
    With more polish to the presentation, this would be an awesome game, in terms of pure FPS game-play and feel, this is behind UT2004.

I'm trying to figure out why you would give it a 6.  Its Nearly exactly what Hi-Rez said it was.  Maybe you have a bad computer or you're trying to compare it to a certain game.. I don't know.  I guess opinions are just that.  I think the combat feels just right.  If you liked Tribes and TF2, you will most likely love this game.  If you are a huge nut for realistic warfare games.. well, the graphics aren't meant to be that way.  That's all I can say.

To me, the animations are pretty good compared to some other MMO's out there.  I haven't had any issues with sound at all, they are what you'd expect from a game like this.  I also haven't noticed any clipping problems at all, I'm not sure what you mean by this.  To my surprise, the core of the game is tremendously polished.  There are just some fluff and addition options that need to be added to really make it shine.

And just to point it out again.  You went into it comparing it to a stand-alone FPS game.  It's not nearly as twitch oriented and the graphics are have to be the way they are.   This is the problem with most gamers.  They don't have the ability to play a game and accept it for what it is.  The less you compare, the better off you will be.  You just end up approaching it with a closed mind.

I'm running a top of the line machine with everything turned up, including 4x AA. The lack of impressive visual and oompth in the sound design department makes this game feel aged.

I liked Starsiege Tribes and TF2, both had better presentation for their times, and TF2 still tops GA. The presentation is just meh. I don't care what Hi Rez said it would be, the game simply does not do it for me, and I've realized now its the animations and sound department which are really lacking.

Of course I compare it to a standalone FPS, because that is what is. 10 vs 10 is not 'massive' by any means. MW2 has nearly the same type of 'persistent' components as GA. I accept the game for what is, simply not entertaining enough to keep me playing. You, my friend, are the one with the biased opinion, finding every excuse out there to defend the flaws of the game. 6/10 is still a fair score, 8/10 this game definitely does not deserve.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Kryogenic

I was really interested in this game when I saw the first trailer for it. It looked amazing. After seeing the final game, it doesn't really look like what was portrayed in that first trailer.
    This sounds a lot like MAG to me. MAG is a PS3 game with persistent characters that join one of three armies that fight for control of resources.
    It's got 254 player matches and smaller variants. It also does not require a monthly fee. Seemingly the only differences are the backdrops (SciFi Ultra - Global Agenda and SciFi Lite - MAG)  , and MAG has no auction house.
    If Aliens vs Predator wasn't releasing next week, I'd give this a shot. 
    Is there a trial? I don't usually opt for the try before you buy mentality, but its never too late to adopt good practices.

a major difference between MAG and GA (and correct me if im wrong,as I havent tried MAG yet) is that MAG has,like you said,254 player matches.That compared to GA's meek 10vs10 player matches make MAG seem more like an MMO to me than GA.

Originally posted by tank017

Originally posted by Kryogenic

I was really interested in this game when I saw the first trailer for it. It looked amazing. After seeing the final game, it doesn't really look like what was portrayed in that first trailer.
    This sounds a lot like MAG to me. MAG is a PS3 game with persistent characters that join one of three armies that fight for control of resources.
    It's got 254 player matches and smaller variants. It also does not require a monthly fee. Seemingly the only differences are the backdrops (SciFi Ultra - Global Agenda and SciFi Lite - MAG)  , and MAG has no auction house.
    If Aliens vs Predator wasn't releasing next week, I'd give this a shot. 
    Is there a trial? I don't usually opt for the try before you buy mentality, but its never too late to adopt good practices.

a major difference between MAG and GA (and correct me if im wrong,as I havent tried MAG yet) is that MAG has,like you said,254 player matches.That compared to GA's meek 10vs10 player matches make MAG seem more like an MMO to me than GA.

Ga also has AVA, which can be limitless. soon-to-be a large free-roam area.