Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In-game Leveling Guide mod

VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Are there any in-game leveling guide mods for EQ2?   Back in August, I got a re-kindled interest in WoW mostly inpart because I stumbled upon a leveling guide called Zygor's Guides, that basically helped you level EXTREMELY fast by directing you on a certain path of quests, that was custom tailored for each class, race, etc. 

My wife and I had a ball using it, and within about 2 months, we were both max level (playing some nights and weekends).  We're growing a bit bored of WoW now due to limited end-game raiding content, and all we can remember was how much fun we had together, leveling as a team, following the guide.  We never questioned what we needed to do, never had to read quests (we did just for the fun of it though sometimes), and always felt like we had a goal each time we played.  It was pure bliss.

So I'm curious about EQ2 now.  If there is anything along the lines of Zygor's for EQ2, please point me in that direction.  I'd love to experience EQ2 at it's fullest, but I'm now spoiled with the guides.  The last time I tried leveling up a char in EQ2, I tried using a guide site (this was probably 1.5 years ago) and while it worked for a while, I eventually got stumped as to where to go and quest, where the quests were, and where the objectives to those quests were.  It was aggravating a bit, and I gave up.  A real-ingame guide would be awesome for EQ2.

Comments

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

If you guys want to experience EQ2 to the fullest I suggest you reframe from guides and just use EQ2wiki when you get stuck. Pick up every quest you see or are interested in and do every Heritage quest line listed on EQ2wiki.

As to getting stump in EQ2.. 99% of the time if EQ2wiki don't have answers to it /1 in the (1-9) channel someone will help you out. Provide the quest name, and which part you have done and are stuck on if they ask.

• DeadlyJamesDeadlyJames Member Posts: 64

I agree, and if you play on Lucan DLere look up ThunderSoul and I can help you with getting low gear armor and weapons

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    honestly this is one of the very few gothic mmo that i have to say dont use add-on or other help you ll get lot more fun

and since A BRAND SPANKING NEW STARTING AREA OPENS UP ABOUT WHEN VALENTINES DAY IS Around

and since soe or ebgame finally decided to make this title and time card avail
    in your local mall ebgame

this is THE game to get in february!

i was jumping up and down when i called
    my local ebgame store and they told me both the regular and the collector edition were avail for pre-order

HELL YA!NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!
    SOE!!

pre-order means:you access to game 7 days before others cant recall if its just for the collector or the regular
    but i think its both!
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

EQ2 doesn't really allow for interface add-ons like WoW, but there are a couple programs out there that may help you while questing.  The first one is the Profit UI which is a total modification of the original UI, and the reason I say it's beneficial for questing is the Profit UI quest journal gives you the ability to click on a link beside the quest description which opens up an "in-game" browser window which is directed to that quest's page on the EQ2 wiki. 

Also, you may want to look into downloading a program called EQ2 maps because, in addition to giving you maps for dungeons and other zones which initially didn't have maps, it contains hundred of waypoints and points of interest that you can search for when looking for the location of a specific quest mob or item location.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Eq 2 wiki has a list of solo quest progression per zone so you only need to decide what zones you want to go to, if you want to level fast do them as a duo it is easy and fast and you can do some of the heroics quests in each zone too. However I would not recommend to level extremely fas as you will be gimped due to your lack of AP pts. I have seen advice to put your AP slider anywhere from 30% to 60%, I prefer 40% for a "proper" advancement rate with a good AP number. Aim at at least 120 AP at 80. If you are under 100 at 80 you will struggle big time.

Another big but is that you need to group and learn your class role in groups, at the moment due to the ease and quickness of soloing to 80 many toons arrive at 80 undergeared and underskilled and has problems adapting to the (especially in TSO instances) tough scripts and mob encounters.

BUT welcome to EQ2, Have fun and I am sure you will enjoy it!

Join a good guild and learn the ropes there.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Thanks for the replies everyone.  :)  I did the EQ2maps thing before, and it helped alot, but I still got stuck lol.  But the profit UI thing with the auto-linking to wiki sounds like it would help a ton. 

About the AP thing, that is something I completely forgot about until you mentioned it.  I can totally understand why fast leveling would not be the way to go. 

I'm not entirely sure we're going to jump into another mmo right away yet, but I'll definately read up on the next expansion.  New areas are always enticing. :) 

Thanks again for all the help!

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I'm a little curious as to why you don't actually want to play the game. The point is not the end, the point is the journey. There's a reason its called "everquest".

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503
    Originally posted by Moirae

I'm a little curious as to why you don't actually want to play the game. The point is not the end, the point is the journey. There's a reason its called "everquest".

Because some people are different than you.

Some people feel the game starts at endgame.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

why?because i baught eq(1)underfoot!and im downloading file right now!

• MaNiaGGMaNiaGG Member UncommonPosts: 76

To quit another game after the rush to the endgame and its getting boring fast after that? ;)

• SovranoSovrano Member Posts: 47

Sounds like they just want a time sink and not any entertainment. eq2i (the eq2 wiki been mentioned) does have solo and heroic (group) time lines. That's pretty much your path to leveling.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Normally I would agree with all of you. Enjoy the game as you level yadda yadda yadda. I did that with LOTRO, and still can. I did that with WoW, after having 3 max level characters it's beginning to get old. Was great fun. Then I tried the same with EQ2.

I got bored so fast, that leveling became a chore. I like the music, I like the zones, but something was/is missing from this game that I can't seem to put my finger on. I stopped playing my wizard once he got to 60 because I just felt like every level was more of the same, and the quests didn't really introduce me to each zone they just kind of ..threw me at random places with static placed spawns.

I know, some of you think the other games I mentioned did the same, but I remember going to those locations in LOTRO and WoW and being quite immersed into each section of the zone I was sent to via quests. Matter of fact, I remember each spot having a miriad of choices on how to go about finishing a quest. In EQ2 it always seems the same no matter the quest, doesn't seem to be much variation. Could be something to do with the mobs and how some are groups and come in that group where as in LOTRO and WoW you never knew for sure if the mob you pulled would bring friends, or you DID know he was clear and safe and you could pull one at a time to get the job done.

Sorry for the ramble there, but I really think that could be the answer to what ails EQ2. The "group" mobs/heroic mobs/solo mob aspect. I think Vanguard suffers from the same thing. Hmm, food for thought.

Thats funny elocke, its WoW that gave me the feeling you're describing.

Incidentally, I beta'd LOTRO, and my husband had an account for a couple months. That game sucks. The Hobbits still run like they're wearing dirty diapers, and the wild cats at the beginning of the elf area (wth? Why is the starting area in the dwarven area?) sill sound like you're murdering your pet house cats even though they had many threads, (the house cat thing had hundreds of pages) begging them to change it.

My husband stopped playing LOTRO after the first month. After the second, he couldn't see any point in continuing to play, and pay for,  "this incredibly boring game".

The game is boring. Its just WoW with LOTRO graphics.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Incidentally, I beta'd LOTRO, and my husband had an account for a couple months. That game sucks. The Hobbits still run like they're wearing dirty diapers, and the wild cats at the beginning of the elf area (wth? Why is the starting area in the dwarven area?) sill sound like you're murdering your pet house cats even though they had many threads, (the house cat thing had hundreds of pages) begging them to change it.
    My husband stopped playing LOTRO after the first month. After the second, he couldn't see any point in continuing to play, and pay for,  "this incredibly boring game".

Instead of bashing WoW and Lotro, why don't you explain to me what you find so fascinating about EQ2?

It is obvious not everyone likes WoW and LOTRO or EQ2, but these are the top AAA MMORPGS out there right now, with Eve rounding it out on the sandbox side, so take it or leave it.

I really WANT to like EQ2, they keep adding expansions and content, which is where I have a problem with Blizzard. But every time I go to play, I end up losing interest by LEVEL 60! At least I saw most of the game before I came here to talk about it instead of whining about a starting area in another game that if you had played longer you would see that you do end up in an Elven starting area.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by elocke

Instead of bashing WoW and Lotro, why don't you explain to me what you find so fascinating about EQ2?

It is obvious not everyone likes WoW and LOTRO or EQ2, but these are the top AAA MMORPGS out there right now, with Eve rounding it out on the sandbox side, so take it or leave it.

I really WANT to like EQ2, they keep adding expansions and content, which is where I have a problem with Blizzard. But every time I go to play, I end up losing interest by LEVEL 60! At least I saw most of the game before I came here to talk about it instead of whining about a starting area in another game that if you had played longer you would see that you do end up in an Elven starting area.

eq2 is very deep for those who care about it, guessing you d end up solo to 60, or were in group with ppl who knew all the zones already and just blasted through them.

EQ2 end game currently just is instance grinding for gear - not that the story aint there for those who care, but not much left of adventure.....gets alittle better in the next expansion released next week. over all Id only join eq2 at its current state if you intrested in gear grinding tbh....but the original game and 2 first expansions were awesome.

heritage quests, the prismastic quest serie (quest line for THE end game item in original eq2) etc were all really really well made.....all scrapped for the wanna solo part of communiy, not that they aint there anymore, just not enough that would see the point in doing them.

I could talk about alot of dungeons and quests but well would be the same as you started talk about those chapters in lord of the ring online...

over all only playing eq2 because of my guild and raids is quite fun for the challange at this point....now in new expansion there will be a real dungeon just sad to see it seems like abit of a watered down dungeon.....will see what jokes/sights they putted in - right that another thing EQ2 always had loads and loads of little jokes all over the game, refrences to what most know about without being so common that any kid would know why it should be fun.

over all Id not recommend starting up on EQ2 now, unless only thing you care about is endgame raiding....which I find sad to have to say - USED to be an absolutely deep and fun game....now it only fun for the "cookie cutting" scripts and guess good lore for the lore intrested....they have had afew hidden things in the texts pre SF expansion Ive heard....having the usual pre expansion launch puzzles.

Ok fine.

There's pretty much an endless number of quests. There's collecting, there's decorating your house, there's the community, there's how beautiful everything looks (though that may not be your cup of tea), and there's the fact that it doesn't look like anime. There's also the fact that, for the most part, the devs actually listen to the problems of the players and deal with issues that come up (like the gold selling problem). I have NEVER, in five years, had a problem with EQ2 support. Then there's the world events, the fact that the devs/gm's will occasionally pop up in an area for a day to offer quests that you can't get otherwise, that will result in a piece of armor or a housing item or something that you can't get otherwise. And then there's the fact that it appears to be too mature for the segment of the population that adores WoW so we don't have an influx of people that behave like five year olds, though it does happen occasionally.

In five years, I've never gotten bored with EQ2.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013

I don't mean to be snarky but if you read the quest text you would discover it is an elven AND dwarven area.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

Normally I would agree with all of you. Enjoy the game as you level yadda yadda yadda. I did that with LOTRO, and still can. I did that with WoW, after having 3 max level characters it's beginning to get old. Was great fun. Then I tried the same with EQ2.
    I got bored so fast, that leveling became a chore. I like the music, I like the zones, but something was/is missing from this game that I can't seem to put my finger on. I stopped playing my wizard once he got to 60 because I just felt like every level was more of the same, and the quests didn't really introduce me to each zone they just kind of ..threw me at random places with static placed spawns.

i guess it has to do with the order in which you played the games. after playing both eq2 and wow for years i felt exactyl teh same about LOTRO when it launched (and still do)  like you did about eq2. i cannot point out what exactly what caused it but i did not feel like beeing a path of a living world, it was more like following a preset path to me, which became boring fast. (i still have a lifetime sub for it, but never got past lvl 30 there, and i tried it a few times with longer times in between)

Originally posted by Sovrath

I don't mean to be snarky but if you read the quest text you would discover it is an elven AND dwarven area.

No kidding, I didn't know that *sarcasm off* Its still dumb.