Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods Online: Introductory Interview

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's Garrett Fuller recently spoke with a couple of members of the community team working on the upcoming MMO, Allods Online.

The folks at Allods Online were kind enough to answer a few of our questions recently about their game. These particular answers were given by Community Manager Katelyn Olmstead and GM Shelby Goad.

MMORPG.com:

Allods continues to do well in Beta, how has the feedback been from players?

Allods:

So far the feedback has been absolutely phenomenal from the players. Since they are in game all day every day they are great at finding and reporting bugs, as well as letting us know what they love about the game. Since the release of the Astral ship content the players have been happily working their butts off to get one of those giant ships!

Read the Introductory Interview.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

MMORPG.com:

What do you see as major goals for Allods in 2010?

Allods:

To take over the World... of Warcraft!

But seriously, we just want to put out a game that everyone can enjoy in many different ways.

Actually there is fair chance Allods will do just that.

Its suprisingly good game, that feels even better than WOW in many places. And its F2P.

cant wait for launch

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

I was getting excited by this game, for a f2p its been getting some good reviews/ comments but having recently heard about this 45min death penalty i have say the latter is really putting me off and it will a lot of people, by the sounds of things they have dropped a lot of population in russia because of it.

P.s can be fixed quick in the item mall..........         oh dear...........

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• GoronianGoronian Member Posts: 724

I'm probably one of the few people, who is absolutely unfased by FoD. The interview itself was vague, but I like their attitude - they seem to be set on making a good game and setting all the distractions aside.

I hate WoW because it made my plush hamster kill himself, created twin clones of Hitler, punched Superboy Prime in reality, stared my dog down, spoiled my grandmother, assimilated me into the Borg, then made me into a real boy, just to make me a woman again.

• daelvenangeldaelvenangel Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by k1klass

I was getting excited by this game, for a f2p its been getting some good reviews/ comments but having recently heard about this 45min death penalty i have say the latter is really putting me off and it will a lot of people, by the sounds of things they have dropped a lot of population in russia because of it.

P.s can be fixed quick in the item mall..........         oh dear...........

p.s.   can be a quick fix by taking a healer with you and the 45 min is only if your level 40 it starts out as about 45 seconds at lvl 15.   Its evil sure but its also something they're taking serious.   They've been taking feedback on it since it was introduced last patch.   I wouldn't be surprised if its lowered but is still high enough to encourage use of the store or keeping a healer with you at all times like any F2P game.

• DevianeDeviane Member UncommonPosts: 108

im waiting for this game can someone please tell me what death penalty exactly does? is a debuff or is like a jail where u have to wait the time...and i hear mirra solve the problem and is a npc item or is a item shop thing?

• CrisboCrisbo Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Deviane

im waiting for this game can someone please tell me what death penalty exactly does? is a debuff or is like a jail where u have to wait the time...and i hear mirra solve the problem and is a npc item or is a item shop thing?

I'ts a debuff, lowers ur stats by a whole bunch. But you can heal it by paying 3,5g so I don't c a problem really...

Originally posted by Crisbo

I'ts a debuff, lowers ur stats by a whole bunch. But you can heal it by paying 3,5g so I don't c a problem really...

i suppouse is like the death penalty on aion? or is even worse? because on aion that damn thing  could let u broke if u was a bad player or hang too much on bad partys

is kinda risky say the players gonna leave the  game because of that...but on F2P sometimes is like that ...because  u dont have a "suscription commitment" too keep playen  what u pay for...on F2P usually minor stuff do some players just go for the next game

i suppouse is like the death penalty on aion? or is even worse? because on aion that damn thing  could let u broke if u was a bad player or hang too much on bad partys

is kinda risky say the players gonna leave the  game because of that...but on F2P sometimes is like that ...because  u dont have a "suscription commitment" too keep playen  what u pay for...on F2P usually minor stuff do some players just go for the next game

I'ts worse then aion, it lasts 45 mins and its unplayable when debuffed, so u can't afford to die allot, wich is a problem with pvp, hope they are gonna change that. For pve however it isn't that big of a deal unless u suck at staying alive.

I'ts worse then aion, it lasts 45 mins and its unplayable when debuffed, so u can't afford to die allot, wich is a problem with pvp, hope they are gonna change that. For pve however it isn't that big of a deal unless u suck at staying alive.

but  the price u pay to take off the bugg 3.5g is allot? something that can leave u broke?...i suppouse it is because if was not the case nobody will wait the 45 min

and the debuff also  goes for pvp?...is ok if they put it on pve...because  as u say u supposed to be able to take care of urself...but in pvp is very common to die...is normal in fact....if the debuff  goes for pvp maybe ppl  just  will be too affraid to take  risk on pvp and rvr/fvf gonna be less exciting

but  the price u pay to take off the bugg 3.5g is allot? something that can leave u broke?...i suppouse it is because if was not the case nobody will wait the 45 min
    and the debuff also  goes for pvp?...is ok if they put it on pve...because  as u say u supposed to be able to take care of urself...but in pvp is very common to die...is normal in fact....if the debuff  goes for pvp maybe ppl  just  will be too affraid to take  risk on pvp and rvr/fvf gonna be less exciting

If u wanna pvp u gotta use perfume, wich is a 30min hp/mp buff and makes u immune from the debuff. You can get those from a daily quest buy them from other players or the cash shop. For pve its not adviseable to use perfumes since you don't have to die allot if you are carefull, if not it will get you broke yes.

• beefaroniapbeefaroniap Member Posts: 78

personally i think the fear of death makes it for a more challenging pvp you will think twice about what move you will use and with the fear of the debuff you will always have that i better not die and play like crap thing in the back of your mind.. but like the above poster said you can use stuff to pvp without getting the debuff and w/o using cash shop.. in my adventures in allods it seemed like they wanted you to play the game in moderation.. from the fatigue you get each day to the fear of death de-buff play to much and you will lose exp or lose stats.. still think it s a buetyful and fantastic game non the less

Originally posted by beefaroniap

personally i think the fear of death makes it for a more challenging pvp you will think twice about what move you will use and with the fear of the debuff you will always have that i better not die and play like crap thing in the back of your mind.. but like the above poster said you can use stuff to pvp without getting the debuff and w/o using cash shop.. in my adventures in allods it seemed like they wanted you to play the game in moderation.. from the fatigue you get each day to the fear of death de-buff play to much and you will lose exp or lose stats.. still think it s a buetyful and fantastic game non the less

ytue that make u make a extra effort and maybe also  to not get to addicted to the game in a bad  way...but also gonna avoid all those lil crying babys who flame and cry over everything away from the game...and  well even if is good or bad player pupulation they and we need it...and taking in mind the game looks like a WoW on a simple check of the screen shots and videsos (on the actual game not so much) u can expect twice as cry babys as  usual...even for a F2P

hope im wrong but just as the suggestion  threads on the gpotato official forums says, is the mayor issue the game have probably.....well and pallys sucking  could be  the 2nd haha

• UnsungTooUnsungToo Member Posts: 276

That's to steep of a penalty for death. Actually anything that takes me out of the game is to steep. If anything ruins the game, that'll be it.

Godspeed my fellow gamer

• withintemptwithintempt Member Posts: 75

Fear of Death no longer exists. It was replaced with Cursed Items and you can do a daily quest to get 5 free items that prevent your items from possibly being cursed, so it's a lot better death system now.