Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To All Beta Applicants

Comments

• Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

Originally posted by Ariler

`Storyline

`Lore/World

`Graphics

`Music

`Combat

`Large-scale PvE battles

`Quests

`Large-scale events

`Synthesis/Crafting

`Item gathering

`PvP

`Character development

`Player interaction

`Other

Next would have been PVP but sadly they said pick 3.

If PvP is of more importance to you than PvE, I suggest finding something more suited to your needs instead.

Replies like this are so self-defeating.  Why not let him try it without discouraging him?  I'll let you in on a little secret - Square is making this game to make money.  If YOU want to continue playing this PVE game it needs players.  If he tries it, he may end up enjoying the PVE, so don't discourage him or others for any reason.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

But you would have picked it before everything else, aside from those 3? Why?

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • ArilerAriler Member Posts: 10

No, PVP wasn't higher on the list because often more than not it is implemented poorly. I mean look at WoW for example. I mean while your questing having someone that is at the level cap kill you and then camp your body due to the fact they have nothing better to do wasn't fun. Sit there as a ghost and watch them teabag your body is about the best you can do until they leave.

Quoted my other post because I changed it.

But you would have picked it before everything else, aside from those 3? Why?

I would not have picked it before the others I said PVP would have been my 4th pick not my first.

Originally posted by Damage99

Replies like this are so self-defeating.  Why not let him try it without discouraging him?  I'll let you in on a little secret - Square is making this game to make money.  If YOU want to continue playing this PVE game it needs players.  If he tries it, he may end up enjoying the PVE, so don't discourage him or others for any reason.

The game does not need PvP players to be successful. The game does not need PvP players on the forums complaining about the lack of PvP, when it was clear from the start that the game is not suited for PvP players in the first place. 

I would not have picked it before the others I said PVP would have been my 4th pick not my first.

You would have picked it before PvE, which is why I think this game is not for you.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

I kind of have to agree... PVP should not be at the top of your list... if you like pvp play Dota, HoN, LoL, WoW, Aion, AoC, WaR or every other game that is going to be coming out... I HATE MUSIC and listening to any music in games so if i rank i would have music second to last and then PVP as last.. just for the fact that if you want to PVP play another game.. because most likely if you're going to play a game for "PvP" you're gonna whine and complain about having to grind and super hard PvE...

The day when a MMO can be balanced in PvP and PvE is the day every other game is going to go out of business.

• Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202

The game does not need PvP players to be successful. The game does not need PvP players on the forums complaining about the lack of PvP, when it was clear from the start that the game is not suited for PvP players in the first place. 

You're ridiculous.  People like you are the reason there's any distinction at all.  Live and let live.  Maybe he'll like it.

You're ridiculous.  People like you are the reason there's any distinction at all.  Live and let live.  Maybe he'll like it.

"He likes PvP more than PvE. He might like a game where there is no PvP but only PvE." Now, who is being ridiculous here?

Yes, he might like it, but he'll be the cancer on the forums asking for more PvP content, not realizing that he isn't getting any. If he can deal with it, he's more than welcome, but why should he when he can complain on the forums? Those kind of players really are necessary in this game! Not.

Originally posted by ozerinx

I kind of have to agree... PVP should not be at the top of your list... if you like pvp play Dota, HoN, LoL, WoW, Aion, AoC, WaR or every other game that is going to be coming out... I HATE MUSIC and listening to any music in games so if i rank i would have music second to last and then PVP as last.. just for the fact that if you want to PVP play another game.. because most likely if you're going to play a game for "PvP" you're gonna whine and complain about having to grind and super hard PvE...
    The day when a MMO can be balanced in PvP and PvE is the day every other game is going to go out of business.

It was never at the top of my list >.> and I personally hate Dota, and HoN alike - WoW I have more fun running in circles in town than actually playing and the others I don't even feel like trying.

It was never at the top of my list >.> 

Top 4, before PvE, Combat, Crafting... all the things the gameplay consists of. If you put PvP before all these, what are you expecting, really? This game won't have PvP except as a "fun to do" activity maybe few years down the road.

• JasdemiJasdemi Member UncommonPosts: 149

I hope there won't be pvp at all. This eternal QQ about overpowered classes on forums is pissing me off. Hyperactive PvP kids should stay with WoW, CSS, or w/e. Leave FFXIV alone!

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

It was never at the top of my list >.> 

Top 4, before PvE, Combat, Crafting... all the things the gameplay consists of. If you put PvP before all these, what are you expecting, really? This game won't have PvP except as a "fun to do" activity maybe few years down the road.

-Storyline

-Lore/World

-Graphics

-Music

-Combat

-Large-scale PvE battles

-Quests

-Large-scale events

-Synthesis/Crafting

-Item gathering

-PvP

-Character development

-Player interaction

-Other

I actually took the approach to leave out choices that I'm more confident that FFXIV will do well in. In FFXI and previous FF titles, I've consistently enjoyed the storyline, lore/world, graphics, music, and quest/missions. Previous combat systems haven't always been to my liking, but they were acceptable, and I trust the trend that every FF brings something different on that subject.

My fourth choice would be "player interaction". Although this did not hinder social players, FFXI's player search/message tools weren't too good. Nowadays, not a lot of MMORPGs have the problem of missing out on tells/invites for five or more seconds when you change zones.

Originally posted by Jasdemi

I hope there won't be pvp at all. This eternal QQ about overpowered classes on forums is pissing me off. Hyperactive PvP kids should stay with WoW, CSS, or w/e. Leave FFXIV alone!

As stated by me earlier PVP is often implemented poorly and that is one of the other reasons I didn't mention no matter what you do someone will be unhappy saying their class is underpowered and some other one is overpowered. I'm all for playing a game against other players (it doesn't have to be killing them) a simple card game is still PVP.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

1st three

• XileoXileo Member Posts: 24

my 3 were...

`Lore/World

`Combat*

`Character development*

• YauchyYauchy Member UncommonPosts: 298

`Combat

`Item gathering

`Character development

POWER GAMING FTW

though realistically I probably replaced item gathering for `Large-scale PvE battles (aka raiding). Loot doesnt beat having fun with a large group of folks (ironically though, usually just for gear - lol).

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by bronecar

Here it is, for those who wish to refresh their memory:
    What are you looking forward to the most in FINAL FANTASY XIV? Please select three. *

`Storyline

`Lore/World

`Graphics

`Music

`Combat

`Large-scale PvE battles

`Quests

`Large-scale events

`Synthesis/Crafting

`Item gathering

`PvP

`Character development

`Player interaction

`Other

Lore/world, character development, and player interaction for me.

I usually hate beta testing games tbh, but i have a lot of faith in SE on this.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

What are you looking forward to the most in FINAL FANTASY XIV? Please select three. *

`Storyline

`Lore/World

`Graphics

`Music

`Combat

`Large-scale PvE battles

`Quests

`Large-scale events

`Synthesis/Crafting

`Item gathering

`PvP

`Character development

`Player interaction

`Other

I'm not completely sure anymore. I thought it was:

Storyline or Lore/World (prolly the latter)

Synthesis/Crafting or Gathering (prolly the 1st)

Character development (sure I took this one)

Initially I ticked a lot more till I saw I only had to pick 3. The thing I didn't pick at all was PvP. I don't really care about PvP. If it's there I'll participate, if now (most likely) I won't miss it...

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

`Storyline

`Lore/World

`Graphics

`Music

`Combat

`Large-scale PvE battles

`Quests

`Large-scale events

`Synthesis/Crafting

`Item gathering

`PvP

`Character development

`Player interaction

`Other

stuff I voted for is in Orange

• pgqsilverpgqsilver Member UncommonPosts: 106

I chose character development, combat and lore/world.

• Database82Database82 Member Posts: 179

`Storyline

`Lore/World

`Graphics

`Music

`Combat

`Large-scale PvE battles

`Quests

`Large-scale events

`Synthesis/Crafting

`Item gathering

`PvP

`Character development

`Player interaction

`Other

Current MMO: Aion
    MMO Watch: Warhammer 40k Online, SWToR, GW2.
    Played: Planetside, SWG, EQ, EQ2, L2, WoW, RFO, KAL, MxO, Voyage, RO,Vanguard,Tabula Rasa, Horizons, CoH/CoV,, Lotro, FFXI
    First MMO: Everquest (Tunare Server, Ronin/Tide Guild)

• myth000myth000 Member CommonPosts: 1

`Storyline

`Lore/World

`Graphics

`Music

`Combat

`Large-scale PvE battles

`Quests

`Large-scale events

`Synthesis/Crafting

`Item gathering

`PvP

`Character development

`Player interaction

`Other

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Storyline.

Lore/World.

Character Development.

I don't need great graphics to enjoy a game I also don't want cartoon looking graphics. PvP should not even be up there since it plays no major role in any FF game. I picked the 3 I want the most but honestly Player Interaction was right up there also but could only pick 3. I don't care if I do or don't get into beta though I just want the game to be the best it can for launch if SE needs an extra month take it to finish whatever needs to be finished just don't put out a game like we have seen recently broken from the very start.

Originally posted by Lexin

Storyline.
    Lore/World.
    Character Development.

I don't need great graphics to enjoy a game I also don't want cartoon looking graphics. PvP should not even be up there since it plays no major role in any FF game. I picked the 3 I want the most but honestly Player Interaction was right up there also but could only pick 3. I don't care if I do or don't get into beta though I just want the game to be the best it can for launch if SE needs an extra month take it to finish whatever needs to be finished just don't put out a game like we have seen recently broken from the very start.

Are you serious? Why are you playing games, if things that make a product a game aren't important to you? Lore over gameplay? Storyline over gameplay?