Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its about time...

XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190

Just sayin. Only took 4 months but hey!

Comments

• Zen_BladeZen_Blade Member UncommonPosts: 106

Definitely one on my radar.  Looks good and sounds interesting and maybe a little different than the norm.  The dynamic content sounds like it has some promise.  The sub-classing sounds similar to Runes of Magic, but without having to level 2 classes independently.

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320

This does sound neat and hopefully they can deliver on what they are promising. I'm not super hyped, but i'm going to read up on the news as it comes, and hopefully run through the beta if it shows up.

• cyranacyrana Member UncommonPosts: 197

Nice - I somehow missed that these forums got created. :D

Ningen wa ningen da.
    ----
    http://twitter.com/Ciovala

• RametlhRametlh Member Posts: 14

Oh Lord yes been looking for a new home for a long time now. Sounds just like what i been looking for....

Plenty of room to explore and get to mold toon way u want, plus can do all crafts on 1 toon.So wont have to make 5 toons 1 to run and 4 to craft,cant beat that.

Me am disabled and it ghames or TV and i hatge reality.Am not to good at ready and writing  (no not dumb) but my mind sutting down to so i have hard time with 50 million qwest,and most games going to that 75% qwest, and 25% work on toon so u learn it best, it is all bout the qwest these days,which is sad. But thats life,but also so glad to hear maybe there still a game i can play and love.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455

Too bad it doesn't have open PVP. Would have made it really interesting.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• RametlhRametlh Member Posts: 14

Yes I too am excited bout this game.Looking for new game to call home  and ticled Blue with excitment 1 toon and can do it all.I can hear ppl already typing oh no I have to work at this game and do grind work but i will break a nail if i have to lvl my toon.HEHEHE

Sounds just what i been looking for, there a few games out there that looks good, but most are ol games and all u hear is no we done that a million times we dont want, so when u show up game that late in time might as well not plan to many hard good stuff.

So new and looks like it has last a klong time.  Crossing fingures, toes even my hair in antisapation.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Caldicot

Thankfully Trion dosent seem to think so.

There are honestly enough PvP focused games out there tbh if thats your thing... whereas, imo, the market REALLY needs a new quality social co-op focused open world PvE one.

The PvE market is huge, it just became lost in the perception that PvP is required in the post WoW market to be a success.

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by vesavius

There are honestly enough PvP focused games out there tbh if thats your thing... whereas, imo, the market REALLY needs a new quality social co-op focused open world PvE one.

The PvE market is huge, it just became lost in the perception that PvP is required in the post WoW market to be a success.

There used to be a loud vocal minority that claimed that open world PvP was great in WoW, but it was destroyed by battlegrounds. The truth is however that WoW battlegrounds are quite successful. And open world PvP is a niche market. Even on PvP servers people like battlegrounds more. However, when there is a perception that PvP is required in the post WoW market to be successful, it is not open PvP. I do not believe PvP is a niche market, but open PvP is.

--
    Delanor

• cyranacyrana Member UncommonPosts: 197

Well, it will be faction-based PvP and last they wrote about it there were to be multiple factions. Also, they've really not said much at all in regards to PvP so it's far too early to do anything more than guess about it. My impression was it would be rather like Guild Wars in this respect, but that's pure conjecture on my part.

Ningen wa ningen da.
    ----
    http://twitter.com/Ciovala

• DiExMachineDiExMachine Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Delanor

Originally posted by vesavius

There used to be a loud vocal minority that claimed that open world PvP was great in WoW, but it was destroyed by battlegrounds. The truth is however that WoW battlegrounds are quite successful. And open world PvP is a niche market. Even on PvP servers people like battlegrounds more. However, when there is a perception that PvP is required in the post WoW market to be successful, it is not open PvP. I do not believe PvP is a niche market, but open PvP is.

IMO, there needs to be a game developer that builds a game based on PvE and Crafting and such ( the time sinks that they use to get you to keep playing the game), but build it with the PvP open world full loot mechanics in it (maybe an insurance system to help those that don't like a full loot).  I think if we could get a developer to do that correctly and stick to those mechanics, no matter how many people whine, they could make a great game.  It just sucks that too many developers right now are focusing on making a PvP game with some PvE and crafting.  They tend to leave the PvE and crafting to be desired. 

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

People don't want to lose everything because they die in a game.

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863
    Originally posted by cyrana

Well, it will be faction-based PvP and last they wrote about it there were to be multiple factions. Also, they've really not said much at all in regards to PvP so it's far too early to do anything more than guess about it. My impression was it would be rather like Guild Wars in this respect, but that's pure conjecture on my part.

I've been playing MMO's since 1999.. During that time I only considered a couple MMO's as being legendary and almost perfect... The original Everquest, Ultima Online, and Dark Age of Camelot... Each of these games were legendary for different reasons..  Everquest was the BEST PvE game ever created bar none....  DAOC was the best PvP game ever created with it's legendary faction based RvR system... And UO was great because of the 100% ultimate freedom to do whatever you wanted, just like in real life...

Now, If HoT has faction based PvP similar to DAOC combined with an awesome and legendary PVE system, then this game could be very very successful.. 

HoT right now is on the top of my MMO Watch list...

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)